Review Round 17 - North Melbourne @ Marvel Stadium - 6th July 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t really want to believe that the Suns were a bottom four side on the road, but if there was any doubt, it was confirmed viciously on Saturday. They just adamantly demand to be a timid mid-table side at all cost. Part of me is reassured by the result today, my beloved Suns remain the unserious outfit I fell in love with and aren’t ready for big boy footy just yet......

They deserve all the heat they will get from the press this week, the only answer is to put Port away and get a result in Sydney in a fortnight. Get the scores on the doors! Have whatever players only meetings you like, plan the trip to the minute, whatever it takes lads we need road Ws.

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com/2024/07/06/2024-r17-the-quintessential-suns-performance/
I am happy for Day too. He did not have a bad game this year. Most people ridiculed him here for years even when we got him just as a depth this year.

To be fair he was bloody average for years :)

After all the amount of legs up, it's a travesty.
Which is rich coming from the latest recipient of an AFL leg-up

Take your four points and jog the heck on back to Ardent Street before I point out you're still about 60 points short on aggregate for the year.

Actually, I have found one positive.
It was so bad it has probably crossed the dark humour threshold and we are allowed to laugh about it. I have certainly been chuckling this morning thinking about the commentary this week.
Embrace the darkness!

So it’s the morning after and apart from Dimma’s presser I am still fuming at the weak pea hearted playing group. There are no excuses, none
Put some heat on Dimma and other coaches too 😂 In the end he is the boss and responsible for the team to perform.

I can still hear him, it will take 10 games to learn the plan, min finals is the goal, we will play the best footy after bye.

Last edited:
The glaring problem we have is 90% of the team look like they are playing in a Church Social Club competition.
No hard edge whatsoever.

Apart from Long Collins Holman and Graham way too nice.
King and Lukocious play like choir boys as does the entire midfield apart from Graham.
Regards of his output Walter needs to play for this reason alone.
Hardwick has just realised this is embedded in them and he's worried.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lucky bounce from that north goal that snuck in by a hair that had no business being a goal…. and Longs goal that should have rightly bounced through but got picked up on the snicko after the fact.

That and Ainsworth shot touched by a whisker vs Saints.

That basically sums up what it is to be a suns supporter.

How Will Graham didnt get a high free kick in the last quarter is baffling but just predictable, happens every away game. We just need to be better.

Did enjoy Moyles big tackle! We need more of that mongrel out of everyone imo.

North were hungrier. Thats the difference in the result.

what annoyed me the most was watching archer who isn't even AFL standard on talent yet worked his butt off to make it this far beat lukosius one v one time and time again. summed up we're we are at as a club happy to go through the motions collect good money while doing it.

i don't want to kill bambi but time has come to drop swallow and let davies play that role. dimma gained credit by getting games into jed,rogers, reid but he is losing them fast in my eyes by playing swallow,berry, holman.

The glaring problem we have is 90% of the team look like they are playing in a Church Social Club competition.
No hard edge whatsoever.

Apart from Long Collins Holman and Graham way too nice.
King and Lukocious play like choir boys as does the entire midfield apart from Graham.
Regards of his output Walter needs to play for this reason alone.
Hardwick has just realised this is embedded in them and he's worried.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Way more players with right attitude. IMO, it's actually opposite, most players are fine. Besides Luko, King, and I would add Anderson (some tackles were piss weak) who else? Ballard?

IMO, it's mostly between ears.

A bit too long for me for Dimma to realise he got a problem. It's his bloody job to get the best out of players. This is going on in every away game. Some of Dimma's decision were/are also baffling. What is Grigg doing with midfield group? We have no chance if midfield dishes out this type of performance.

Last one. For sure, I would agree for Luko to be called soft but how many times he is ignored in great positions by teammates? This is happening every game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what annoyed me the most was watching archer who isn't even AFL standard on talent yet worked his butt off to make it this far beat lukosius one v one time and time again. summed up we're we are at as a club happy to go through the motions collect good money while doing it.

i don't want to kill bambi but time has come to drop swallow and let davies play that role. dimma gained credit by getting games into jed,rogers, reid but he is losing them fast in my eyes by playing swallow,berry, holman.
There comes a time when we have to turn the page and look to the future and move the older blokes on who are marginally better now but are taking us no where.

(some tackles were piss weak) who else? Ballard?

Ballard was pathetic yesterday had several opportunities to kill the ball and let opposition just take it away. There was one goal he just stopped and let it bounce through even though it bounced back toward him but he just stopped and let it go through for a goal

Ballard was pathetic yesterday had several opportunities to kill the ball and let opposition just take it away. There was one goal he just stopped and let it bounce through even though it bounced back toward him but he just stopped and let it go through for a goal
Yeah, struggling this year in most games.

We need a peacock.

Someone with swagger and mongrel to get the rest of team up and about and even start some fights.

Also I hate to say this, but it’s the way the game is these days - some of our forwards need to play for free kicks more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chucky Ballard was AA material and probably my favourite SUns player 2 years ago
Not sure if the rise of Mac and the form of Collo has relegated him to a different role but wow
Just wow
He gets caught with ball so often and when he gets a receive he's like a deer in the headlights
It's a bewildering form slump for a guy I thought would just casually become one of the comps elite intercepting defenders
Sandy Brock may be sharpening his studs
Similar with Wil Powell
Glad he bagged that important last quarter goal but he's actually not paid to do that
No wonder Dimma is pushing Lachy Weller out of the hospital ward straight back onto the ground

Chucky Ballard was AA material and probably my favourite SUns player 2 years ago
Not sure if the rise of Mac and the form of Collo has relegated him to a different role but wow
Just wow
He gets caught with ball so often and when he gets a receive he's like a deer in the headlights
It's a bewildering form slump for a guy I thought would just casually become one of the comps elite intercepting defenders
Sandy Brock may be sharpening his studs
Similar with Wil Powell
Glad he bagged that important last quarter goal but he's actually not paid to do that
No wonder Dimma is pushing Lachy Weller out of the hospital ward straight back onto the ground
Agree on Ballard but disagree on Powell. IMO, Powell is fine.

Powell seems to be the only player from our defence taking risk and I suspect was told to go for it and move forward when we were behind at the end. He did play as forward in the past.

BTW, last two goals against Magpies started with Powell's kicks.

I’m a Powell fan
May have missed his involvements at the ground yesterday but that’s because mostly I had my head in my hands and I won’t be watching a replay
I hope Sam Day can get back soon
Been a revelation this year
What was the news on Miller
Have to say I’d be inclined to hand the captaincy over to Buzz and Nando next year
Let Touk concentrate on earning a game

I’m a Powell fan
May have missed his involvements at the ground yesterday but that’s because mostly I had my head in my hands and I won’t be watching a replay
I hope Sam Day can get back soon
Been a revelation this year
What was the news on Miller
Have to say I’d be inclined to hand the captaincy over to Buzz and Nando next year
Let Touk concentrate on earning a game

I am afraid Buzz and Nando are part of our midfield problem at the moment. Nando definitely needs to be more physical. Otherwise stay outside.

Yes, Miller's disposals, turnovers were terrible yesterday and cost us, but I did not see any improvement when he did not play after HT. In fact, Miller started most of the time forward yesterday, I am pretty sure.

Surprisingly, Flanders had some ordinary moments (half efforts) yesterday too.

What fascinates me is that at the end of the last 3 away games we actually pushed hard and were a better team. Why can't we do that from the start. That's the only hope I have. It's in them. Just release it, Dimma :)

Last edited:
Speak of the devil
Just flying home with Touk
His wrist is in a splint
More scans tomorrow
Says it feels ok
Describes our journey as “ a rollercoaster”
It sure is for the supporters
Such a good bloke though
My wife giggled a lot and flicked her hair when I was talking to him

Speak of the devil
Just flying home with Touk
His wrist is in a splint
More scans tomorrow
Says it feels ok
Describes our journey as “ a rollercoaster”
It sure is for the supporters
Such a good bloke though
My wife giggled a lot and flicked her hair when I was talking to him

Haha, good one.

So, did you tell him what you think about his performances recently? Resign as a captain. Straight into his face. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back