Preview Round 17 v Fremantle Optus Stadium Perth Saturday July 6th 8.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought he was cooked. I wasn’t impressed with his vfl game last week as he was absent for three quarters. Anyway he’s basically been thrown a lifeline and I hope he can change our opinions based on his last AFL game.

Keep Going Nancy Pelosi GIF by Election 2016

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo are playing a more attacking brand of football than when we last played them. Darcy is giving silver service to their elite midfield of Serong, Brayshaw, and Young and they’re going to expose the lack of speed of Hopper and Taranto.

Our best hope is if we drag them down to our level. I don’t like our chances.

Last edited:
Freo are playing a more attacking brand of football than when we last played them. Darcy is giving silver service to their elite midfield of Serong, Bradshaw, and Young and they’re going to expose the lack of speed of Hopper and Taranto.

Our best hope is if we drag them down to our level. I don’t like our chances.
I wouldn’t say any of Serong, Bradshaw, and Young are fast

This might sound daft, but what about someone like Ralphsmith leading out to the wing on the fat side and the kicker from goals runs 15m and bangs it as long as possible to Ralphsmith's advantage, hopefully out the back. That opens the whole ground up, and yes opens us up a bit for counter attack, but at least it would be more entertaining, and might even get us into space running the ball into the forward line.
I think that happened last week. Short looked out there...and then turned back and went to the crowded side of the ground anyway.

pLOdDeR!1

Tenacious Tiger leading the way as League's best two-way midfielder - https://www.afl.com.au/news/978058
He’s a very good, big-bodied mid who plods from contest to contest and has a high work rate, and we’re even worse when he doesn’t play. But IMHO he’s not elite and Hopper and Taranto aren’t going to take us to the promised land. It’s OK mate, we can have different opinions about players.

He’s a very good, big-bodied mid who plods from contest to contest and has a high work rate, and we’re even worse when he doesn’t play. But IMHO he’s not elite and Hopper and Taranto aren’t going to take us to the promised land. It’s OK mate, we can have different opinions about players.
Bit rough on him. He's not fast, sure, but his tank and work rate is elite and he's not slow. We do need an explosive mid come draft time though. Hopper, Taranto and McAuliffe is the start of a v good midfield mix though IMO.

When I read plods contest to contest I immediately think someone like Tom Mitchell or Matt Crouch.

Bit rough on him. He's not fast, sure, but his tank and work rate is elite and he's not slow. We do need an explosive mid come draft time though. Hopper, Taranto and McAuliffe is the start of a v good midfield mix though IMO.

When I read plods contest to contest I immediately think someone like Tom Mitchell or Matt Crouch.
They’re two good players to cite as they are the definition of plodders who work hard, accumulate stats, but do little damage.

Taranto is a very good player, but I don’t rate him as elite.
Hopper is vanilla.
I like the look of McAuliffe, but it’s early days.

I really rate Young and expect him to tear us a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back