Autopsy Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *PERIS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they do but we are a terrible list.
I wish it was the list.

You can’t possibly draft 49+ professionals that all can’t kick and make decisions.

These players ALL give effort and tackle constantly. They are just, to a man, sick of the drudgery of these horrible defensive gameplans. They need a coach to excite them, teach them something not defensive and how to create, and join the modern football age.

This is 80-90% on coaches who are incapable - as in they just don’t have the ability - to coach and teach running patterns and how to move a football under pressure in a modern sport.

Without the above, we are screwed as there are plenty of teams now that can do it in the league. Most have coaches that have learned how to design ball movement drills from other sports.

Because of Ross and the past years of Richo/Ratts we have a list terribly underdeveloped when it comes to footy IQ.

Sadly, Ross is obsessed with effort, defence and tackling. So was Ratts, so was Richo.

How the club thought a coach like Ross was the answer is beyond me.

He’s about 15 years too late with that philosophy. It didn’t win anything back then and sure as hell won’t win anything now.

Honestly I have never seenHill and Howard shirk so many contests and make as many non pressured skill errors as today. I can deal with losing. The effort from

Steele
Sinclair
Marshal
Hill
Howard
Stocker
Butler
Graham

Just so far off it.

Guys like Sharman Peris OwensJones doing what they can and the rest just shizen

Hard to know what to say - insipid performance.

How they rebuild confidence & system from here who knows.

Reckon Moorabbin will be pretty flat this week - coaches will be earning their money to get them up for next game.

I reckon we’ll lose to the Hawks and that will be it for 2023. There isn’t any point now. They have seen themselves in the mirror.

Think we started the year explorative letting the players have fun with some freedom then once we were winning went back to the old ways to try keep winning.

The biggest thing I’m worried about is killing the careers of players like Owens by not letting him play anywhere other than forward.

I wish it was the list.

You can’t possibly draft 49+ professionals that all can’t kick and make decisions.

These players ALL give effort and tackle constantly. They are just, to a man, sick of the drudgery of these horrible defensive gameplans. They need a coach to excite them, teach them something not defensive and how to create, and join the modern football age.

This is 80-90% on coaches who are incapable - as in they just don’t have the ability - to coach and teach running patterns and how to move a football under pressure in a modern sport.

Without the above, we are screwed as there are plenty of teams now that can do it in the league. Most have coaches that have learned how to design ball movement drills from other sports.

Because of Ross and the past years of Richo/Ratts we have a list terribly underdeveloped when it comes to footy IQ.

Sadly, Ross is obsessed with effort, defence and tackling. So was Ratts, so was Richo.

He’s about 15 years too late with that philosophy. It didn’t win anything back then and sure as hell won’t win anything now.
I felt the same on the Ross appointment but I disagree on the list somewhat do think development has been off.

Think there's cultural issues in the list now within the senior group. Think that takes time to weed out.

How the **** did we win in 66?

Surely it’s like one of those Netflix shows where apparently it happened, but it didn’t really happen. We’re all dead in reality.

We have been, and always will be, a basket case.

150 years of mediocrity. And that’s being way too generous.

We’ve all done something really really genuinely bad in a past life.

I wish it was the list.

The list is horrible we hardly have any older drafted players and we overpaid for rejects. Then kids or inexperienced players. We have hardly anything to show for 20 years of drafting. If you don’t draft well you stay poor. We over perform for a patchwork list but you can see why most were let go. The kids look a step up.

The leagues worst midfield, the leagues youngest forward line. In reality it's a miracle we are in the 8 at this point of the season.

Find it amusing when I hear the questioning of the coaching. The cattle isn't there and we all know it.
Find it amusing to blame the list when we were 8-3 last year and similar this year. Players picking and choosing when to give effort has nothing to do with the talent of the list. We are capable of finishing 5th-8th missing finals is not acceptable especially the start we had, and what happened last year.

That could well be, but he has earnt the right to have a crack with a list that he has moulded. No other coach would have had us with this record.

If we are having the same convo in 12-18 months i will happily join you.
Ratten had us here last year.

Took us to a semi final with a list that wasn't his.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we’ve been outmuscled annd outmarked all around the ground all year it was a bit of a surprise to bring in a peewee like Peris. I suppose the plan is to run away from them?
Worth a try i spose.

The season where we tried to steer a leaky ship towards finals to try and prove something. If we just admitted that the bloody thing was sinking we would have a chance of fixing it within 5years.

Club is afraid to use the 'rebuild' word since hanners, hill, howard, Jones, butler trades and now we are another 5 years down the road. Thinking the members are too stupid to see what's right under their noses if they keep trying to plug holes.

If this was a year of exploring I ****in hope Lyon has the stones to say that this isn't it, set a new timeline.

That was hard to watch.
Let's go straight to the heart of it. Our experienced players are just not gettingvit done.

Hill disposal all game was awful and a momentum killer.
Gresham disposal all game was awful and a momentum killer.
Butler disposal all game was awful and a momentum killer.

Our young guys stood up Sharman best game for the club. Caminti ditto. Owens Windy and Byrnes can hold their head up.
Back 6 did their job well NWangmil excellent game.

Crouch Jones Marshall Clarke and Steele serviceable Sinclair not one he would want to remember same with Pou and Wood.

Move those 3 on I am sorry to say and get 3 nids who can kick and do the basics well.

Also find a way to get the ball inside 50 without kicking it to an opposition back. Becoming monotonous almost drill like precision over the last 6 weeks.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Find it amusing to blame the list when we were 8-3 last year and similar this year. Players picking and choosing when to give effort has nothing to do with the talent of the list. We are capable of finishing 5th-8th missing finals is not acceptable especially the start we had, and what happened last year.
I disagree. The list has very little talent and choosing when to go is a non negotiable of the elite player. Even the new Acquisitions have flaws that look like gapping holes now.
Our leaders are so bog ordinary.
Can you honestly say you see enough talent within the squad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *PERIS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back