Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bring in Trew, Maric, Culley, Burgiel, Dewar, Johnson, J Williams and Hall now for the remainder of the year. And I dont really care what senior players go out. Withers, Duggan, Cole, Cripps, Darling etc.

i know a lot want wholesale changes but only so many changes that would work.

Flynn for Bwilliams if fit.Bwilliams to play beagles if Flynn fit
Jwilliams for Darling
Hedwards for Mcgovern (if not fit to play)
Petch and Dewar for Cripps or Brockman or both.
Maric for JJones

Any other changes means replacing younger players with younger players

Down the track i would love if we could get Bazzo fit to replace Rotham for the rest of the year
Would be nice to not have to play Withers or Cole but we would have to reshuffle the whole backline and unless Gov and Barrass are fully fit it is a big ask.

My take on what I'd like to see.

I think this side sis much more dynamic.

Hough Hedwards Ginbey

Duggan Barrass Ryan

Hunt Kelly Maric

Cripps Waterman Dewar

Brockman Allen Hutch

Ruck: Williams Yeo Reid

Bench: Jwilliams , Chesser (back), Hall, Culley

Sub: Witho

Out: Gov (Inj) , Darling, JJ , Rotham, Cole
In: Hedwards, Maric , Hall, Culley, Dewar
I like this. A lot. That's there is somewhat a glimpse into the future

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well it's finally happened and now we have an interim coach for the next few games.
Be curious to see if there's any noticeable changes with match selection, positions, players out and in, let alone game day strategies. Also how the players play for Schofield, how they react to all this melodrama. I imagine it would be 'steady at the helm' for 7 games? But maybe Schofield will chuck the magnets around and bring in a few younger players, maybe see a new dynamic over next few games?

Last edited:
Well it's finally happened and now we have an interim coach for the next few games.
Be curious to see if there's any noticeable changes with match selection, positions, players out and in, let alone game day strategies. Also how the players play for Schofield, how they react to all this melodrama. I imagine it would be 'steady at the helm' for 7 games? But maybe Schofield will chuck the magnets around and bring in a few younger players, maybe see anew dynamic over next few games?

May as well have left Simpson there if it's "steady as she goes". He seemed fine taking the ongoing heat.

Joe Biden Smile GIF by PBS News

I already calculated the average for you in my previous post, you ignore it and keep posting some arbitrary rubbish - there is no point in replying to you. I suggest brushing up on your basic arithmetic skills or sticking to posting about things that you understand.
Anyway, I will just follow the advice of that Mark Twain quote that is in Obeanie1's signature and stop.
Holy shit dude. The 6.1 for Chesser and 6.8 for langdon IS THE AVERAGE. The fact you are so sure of yourself when you are completely wrong is hilarious.

I linked you to Footywire because your claim was comparing Langdon and Chesser using disposal stats. And if you look at the the disposal stats from Footywire you'll see you are totally wrong.

But apparently you prefer to change your argument midstream and switch to player ratings. That's generally called avoiding the issue.
I never mentioned disposal stats to compare them. Worst way to compare players.

What changes does Schofield make? I am operating under the assumption that Simmo will not coach this weekend
Hopefully he has a directive that development and exposure for young players is the main goal, without letting losses be too big.

It'd have to be made clear that results will not impact any bid he has on the full time job if that's what he's after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I know is, if we cant be arsed to turn up for Simmo's farewell game with a bit of piss and vinegar in the team, then that'll be pretty bloody ordinary.
we haven't lifted for any other game why now?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What changes does Schofield make? I am operating under the assumption that Simmo will not coach this weekend
Schofield has been the stoppage or midfield coach since he has been here.

Given that's been our problem area does not fill me with any confidence

Schofield has been the stoppage or midfield coach since he has been here.

Given that's been our problem area does not fill me with any confidence
I'm not rating any of our assistant coaches. We need someone completely foreign from the current coaching team.

I'm very excited to see how the players confront the current challenge and prevent themselves from falling on their own sword, with no one left to point the finger at.

Imo I'm guessing there won't be much change, other than jj, brockman, Maric, Williams in, and hedwards, with Culley as sub?

Campaigners getting off the hook once again.

Personally, I want to see Hough pushing into the midfield. Chesser, Ginbey, and Ryan down back for pace and drive out of defense. Maric on one wing and Harley on the other to utilize their elite kicking skills. Hall, Trew, and Culley as the starting mids with Yeo and Kelly leading the second string with reduced midfield time. JD dropped or made a sub with JWill being a mainstay in the team. Have Dewar and Rawlinson come in with the simple instructions to apply pressure and tackle and not to worry about goals.

This team will 100% get pumped, but fu*k it we've got nothing to lose. I'll watch the shit out of this team cos it's different and resembles more of a rebuilding team than anything we've seen in the last 2 years.
You have dropped only one player (Darling) and bringing six players in but for who?

My take on what I'd like to see.

I think this side sis much more dynamic.

Hough Hedwards Ginbey

Duggan Barrass Ryan

Hunt Kelly Maric

Cripps Waterman Dewar

Brockman Allen Hutch

Ruck: Williams Yeo Reid

Bench: Jwilliams , Chesser (back), Hall, Culley

Sub: Witho

Out: Gov (Inj) , Darling, JJ , Rotham, Cole
In: Hedwards, Maric , Hall, Culley, Dewar
You plan on backs not being able to rotate out entire game? Especially the talls?

Amazing on compromises you made eg ginbey to back pocket, just so Culley, who is shite, gets a game.

You plan on backs not being able to rotate out entire game? Especially the talls?

Amazing on compromises you made eg ginbey to back pocket, just so Culley, who is shite, gets a game.
Totally disagree.
Ryan may be the one who will blow out but I've got him rotating with chesser.

Culley I don't agree on at all.
No I haven't made Ginbey a back pocket to just bring Culley in either.

I wanted a back pocket who could not only be versatile but very good defensively and still offer run and drive offensively. (Ginbey for Cole)

First game of the true rebuild then

Out: Gov (injured), Darling (managed), Witherden, Jones, Brockman (to sub)
In: Hedwards, Jilliams (from sub), Maric, Hall, Dewar

Backs: Barrass, Hedwards, Rotham, Hough, Cole, Duggan/Ginbey, Hunt
Mids: Kelly, Yeo, Reid, Ginbey/Duggan, Chesser, Maric
Rucks: Williams, Williams
Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Hutchinson, Cripps, Dewar, Ryan, Hall (last two taking mid rotations)
Sub: Brockman
Emergencies: Witherden (held over), Jones, AReid

Witherden unlucky, a victim of the need to get more youth into the side.

Darling out “managed” for the same reason.

Flynn, Sheed, Bazzo (obviously) to return from injury through the WAFL. No room for Culley, Ledwards, Trew, Gaff.

Can we hope for something like this with Schofield this week?

Out: Darling, witherden, Jones, McGovern (injured) rotham, cripps

In, hedwards, Trew, J Williams, burgiel, hall, Maric.

Or will we see the same this week?

Time to move the magnets around to get more information about who’s worth retaining.

Not suggesting we fully reverse the batting order, but I’d think we have to make room for some fringe players to have a crack in their preferred positions.

Trew to the centre, Culley to get midfield minutes. If that pushes Yeo back or Kelly to have a rest, so be it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Time to move the magnets around to get more information about who’s worth retaining.

Not suggesting we fully reverse the batting order, but I’d think we have to make room for some fringe players to have a crack in their preferred positions.

Trew to the centre, Culley to get midfield minutes. If that pushes Yeo back or Kelly to have a rest, so be it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This.

Great opportunity to have a decent block of trialling players before a cull.

You want a career then play for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back