Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we name all of JJ, Rotham, and Darling this week idk wtf we are even doing
Limping to the end of the year with a terrible depth-free list?

Nobody in the WAFl side is banging down the door, except for Trew and Gaff whose papers seem stamped along with Simpsons.

I hope we see changes, but given this massive week with this conservative club I won't be holding my breath.

Ashleigh Nelson

@ashnelson08
·
5m

Liam Ryan first one out on the track as the
@WestCoastEagles
prepare for training under Jarrad Schofield. Ryan appears to be doing an elongated warmup/fitness test ahead of the main session joined by Yeo and Matt Flynn.
@10NewsFirstPER

I think you've answered your own question - people have been saying Darling should've been out for weeks with not only the numbers you've put up but also coz we've been far too tall for the past few rounds too. An 11 touch single goal game shouldn't keep his spot by any means.
correct, we all now want to see Jwill get developed. We have enough experience in the forward line with Allen, Waterman, Cripps & ryan.

if brockman were to step up and show something more consistent then cripps will also need to make way.

Limping to the end of the year with a terrible depth-free list?

Nobody in the WAFl side is banging down the door, except for Trew and Gaff whose papers seem stamped along with Simpsons.

I hope we see changes, but given this massive week with this conservative club I won't be holding my breath.
I said with ALL of them, no reason they ALL stay in the side.
We can afford to drop Darling at the very least to get JWilliams in. JJ has to go after last week, Rotham probably stays until Bazzo is ready as the 3rd tall

HoneyBadger35 announced on the podcast last night that there is a complementary ticket to the game on Sunday. The good news or bad news (you decide) is that you will be sitting with Keys and me.

Winner chosen with a PM to me on the best memory of Simmo (lifting the premiership cup will not win it).

Seats in section 148, ground level about 20 rows from front). That is on the wing just outside the 50 m arc.

Sounds like Barass will miss this week and Hunt/Kelly fitness tests/a good chance to miss also.

With no Barass or McGovern, will be a case of needing someone to go down back out of the tall forwards. May be a chance to give Maric a go cos why not

Reported somewhere or “inside knowledge”?

HoneyBadger35 announced on the podcast last night that there is a complementary ticket to the game on Sunday. The good news or bad news (you decide) is that you will be sitting with Keys and me.

Winner chosen with a PM to me on the best memory of Simmo (lifting the premiership cup will not win it).

Seats in section 148, ground level about 20 rows from front). That is on the wing just outside the 50 m arc.
Enjoyed the podcast, a fitting farewell and remainder game summary; nice work gentlemen!
How's Keys new mo, rockin' the Fu Manchu vibe...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast Eagles training notes: Elliot Yeo, Alex Witherden, Jarrad Schofield, Liam Ryan and more
Headshot of Jackson Barrett
Jackson BarrettThe West Australian
Thu, 11 July 2024 11:50AM
Comments
Jackson Barrett

West Coast training on Thursday.
West Coast training on Thursday. Credit: The West Australian

West Coast players took to the track on Thursday, two days after coach Adam Simpson left the club.
Here’s what we saw at Mineral Resources Park.

Let’s Scho Eagles!​

Interim coach Jarrad Schofield took charge of training for the first time in his new role on Thursday.
The Subiaco premiership coach and long-time assistant was vocal and on the move at the session, calling the entire group in on a couple of occasions.
[PLAYERCARD]Jarrad Schofield[/PLAYERCARD] leading the session.
Jarrad Schofield leading the session. Credit: Riley Churchman/The West Australian
Media was invited to the first half-hour of the main session, with the Eagles completing some ball work in groups before a large chunk of the best 22 took part in a reduced-ground match simulation.
Shofield will coach the Eagles for the first time on Sunday after Adam Simpson declined an offer to lead the team in a farewell match.

No Jake​

Jake Waterman was the most notable absentee on Thurday.
The red-hot forward did not take part in the first part of training. He also did not train last Friday in Melbourne as he manages a significant cut at the back of his knee.

[PLAYERCARD]Jake Waterman[/PLAYERCARD] was missing from training.
Jake Waterman was missing from training. Credit: Riley Churchman/The West Australian
Waterman picked up the injury in the Eagles’ defeat to Hawthorn almost a fortnight ago but did play in the weekend’s loss to Melbourne.

Away from the group​

Midfield star Elliot Yeo and defender Alex Witherden trained away from the main group.
Yeo was moving comfortably and was not visibly hampered as the pair were put through some running drills on the second oval at the Eagles’ facilities.
[PLAYERCARD]Alex Witherden[/PLAYERCARD] and [PLAYERCARD]Elliot Yeo[/PLAYERCARD] train away from the group.
Alex Witherden and Elliot Yeo train away from the group. Credit: Iain Gillespie/The West Australian
The pair spent roughly half an hour training in a small group that also included Matt Flynn, who was moving nicely as he continued to recover from an ankle injury.
Flynn was listed as a test in the club’s injury list on Tuesday, but given he did not take part in the main portion of training, appears more unlikely than likely to face the Lions on Sunday.

West Coast Egles training at Lathlain.
West Coast Egles training at Lathlain. Credit: Iain Gillespie/The West Australian
The ruckman suffered the injury in the defeat to the Hawks. who was also listed as a test, moved well and could be in line to play at some level at the weekend.
Coby Burgiel also left the ground early in the session and hit the physio’s bed to receive some work on his left ankle.

Flyin’ slow to take off​

Liam Ryan was slow to get moving ahead of the session on Thursday.
Ryan was working under the close eye of a trainer on the secondary ground and appeared to be struggling with a hip issue.
[PLAYERCARD]Liam Ryan[/PLAYERCARD] finished the session with the main group.
Liam Ryan finished the session with the main group. Credit: Riley Churchman/The West Australian
He was put through some light running and mobility exercises before training, but then rejoined the main group for the first part of their workout.

Selection is going to be very very interesting today.

It seems ridiculous playing Witherden, Rotham and JJ especially as the club does not think they are worthy of contract extensions. And I would add JD and Petro (and Sheed).

Also suggest Gov/TB should play seven games between them so HEd gets a consistent run at it.

Also Flynn (when/if fit) to ressies just for final seven so Willx2 can play. Hopefully, BWill is traded next year so Flynn back to no 1.

Apart from selection, am keen to see where they line up and game day tactics, if anything's changed and how the players perform now, a different dynamic...
...or the same old merde?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back