Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Lack of leadership on-field by both Rozee and Butters was disappointing. They both needed to tell JHF to stop giving away stupid frees. Forward line is in disarray and once again to no one's surprise, the classic kick to dixon was on show today. He is done and in fact, most of the forwards should not play again. Finlayson just sucks and his only value is playing as a relief ruck.

Only forward that showed something was Francis Evans. It just shows that Mitch and Rioli are very important players and need to be back in the team.
I’m the first to criticise Rozee for downhill skiing but not today. He and Butters did what they could. They got no support from the other four midfielders, the wings or tall forwards. As far as I could see, they led from the front. No-one in the midfield or forward of centre except Frankie Evans stood up to help them

Out coached comprehensively all over the park. They came with a plan to nullify our game and we had absolutely no answers. Media, board and happily clappers will cite individual players, but we had 7 in the top 8 in fantasy points.

There's a common denominator here, and I think 13 I50s for 2 points is a hint. It's time for a change.

Out coached comprehensively all over the park. They came with a plan to nullify our game and we had absolutely no answers. Media, board and happily clappers will cite individual players, but we had 7 in the top 8 in fantasy points.

There's a common denominator here, and I think 13 I50s for 2 points is a hint. It's time for a change.
Nah the Facebook happy clappers aren't happy with ken, haven't been for a while now

Can't win when so many are so poor. Like just about every single similar game for god only knows how long.

At 3/4 break they had scored something like 11.4 from turnovers!! Simply, we aren't good enough to play against good teams.

We're only ok when our very best carry the load. When our very best are challenged the pack of B graders beneath are exposed horribly.

Coaching is a total mess. Gameplan is reasonable when it works but it's been over-coached to the point that the braindead brigade (led admirably by Wines) haven't a clue what to do when they can't do exactly what they have been trained exclusively to do. Wines was embarrassing today. Soft, clueless, and barely got above a jog. I feel sick when I hear people describe him as a bull, he's anything but.

And like clockwork, soon as things become dire we start playing like we think it's touch footy. Panic stricken beyond belief. I'd love to know what progressive, feeling based crap, we've employed to develop leaders. Apart from maybe Butters everyone else crumbles under any sort of pressure.

Once again, that rests on Hinkley. That's his responsibility.

We need a new coach, a whole new coaching group actually but then if we're serious we will be down the bottom 5 or so for a couple of years. We need draft capital because even with a new coach this list is nowhere near top four quality and I can't see any decent players wanting to come to a very average side.

I expect we'll now drop most of the remaining games and finish somewhere between 11th - 14th. Probably a fair indicator of where we actually are.

We have firmly become the outright holders of the bully award. Let us plat our way without any real challenge and our top five or so will dazzle you. Put up a fight and our true nature always shines through.

Coach and coaching assistants
List Management Team
Strength and Conditioning Team
Nutritionist
Football Department Head

They all need to go.

Our problems are way more than a stale under-achieving coach.

Lack of leadership on-field by both Rozee and Butters was disappointing. They both needed to tell JHF to stop giving away stupid frees. Forward line is in disarray and once again to no one's surprise, the classic kick to dixon was on show today. He is done and in fact, most of the forwards should not play again. Finlayson just sucks and his only value is playing as a relief ruck.

Only forward that showed something was Francis Evans. It just shows that Mitch and Rioli are very important players and need to be back in the team.
this is so unfair, they did, at the end of the day they cannot control what he does.

We had some issues up forward but the reason we lost was the brain-dead errors in our defence. How many goals did we gift to them? Just unforgivable. Sack Hinkley

Not enough is made about how diabolical our Sub selections have been this year.

i dont dislike Frankie Evans but losing a half back and your sub is a small fwd just knee-capping yourself.

even without the injury, whats the tactics behind selecting a small fwd?

if all goes to plan and we pull the trigger at 3/4 time/ 4th qtr, who comes off? a mid? another small fwd? who moves from small fwd to fill the hole so evens can play small fwd??

Can't win when so many are so poor. Like just about every single similar game for god only knows how long.

At 3/4 break they had scored something like 11.4 from turnovers!! Simply, we aren't good enough to play against good teams.

We're only ok when our very best carry the load. When our very best are challenged the pack of B graders beneath are exposed horribly.

Coaching is a total mess. Gameplan is reasonable when it works but it's been over-coached to the point that the braindead brigade (led admirably by Wines) haven't a clue what to do when they can't do exactly what they have been trained exclusively to do. Wines was embarrassing today. Soft, clueless, and barely got above a jog. I feel sick when I hear people describe him as a bull, he's anything but.

And like clockwork, soon as things become dire we start playing like we think it's touch footy. Panic stricken beyond belief. I'd love to know what progressive, feeling based crap, we've employed to develop leaders. Apart from maybe Butters everyone else crumbles under any sort of pressure.

Once again, that rests on Hinkley. That's his responsibility.

We need a new coach, a whole new coaching group actually but then if we're serious we will be down the bottom 5 or so for a couple of years. We need draft capital because even with a new coach this list is nowhere near top four quality and I can't see any decent players wanting to come to a very average side.

I expect we'll now drop most of the remaining games and finish somewhere between 11th - 14th. Probably a fair indicator of where we actually are.

We have firmly become the outright holders of the bully award. Let us plat our way without any real challenge and our top five or so will dazzle you. Put up a fight and our true nature always shines through.

Coach and coaching assistants
List Management Team
Strength and Conditioning Team
Nutritionist
Football Department Head

They all need to go.

Our problems are way more than a stale under-achieving coach.
Great post as always.

The list has major concerns up forward.

We have MG and Rioli who would make most other sides. Then no one else. Maybe SPP when fit. Our young developing tall forwards are late draft picks. Marshall has declared himself through this year as not up to the level required. There are no exciting young small forwards coming through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the run home, there's every chance we don't make the 8. This would be something to celebrate if it meant the pressure would ramp up on Hinkley and the enablers, but it won't. It'll be...tough comp...injuries...nothing to see here...get some learnings...stability...hopefully we'll play better footy next year...hopefully...

Cue recurring nightmare. 🤢

I’m the first to criticise Rozee for downhill skiing but not today. He and Butters did what they could. They got no support from the other four midfielders, the wings or tall forwards. As far as I could see, they led from the front. No-one in the midfield or forward of centre except Frankie Evans stood up to help them
I found their decision making to be quite rat shit today.

Their stats don't.wqualtheir actual output imo.

Looking at the run home, there's every chance we don't make the 8. This would be something to celebrate if it meant the pressure would ramp up on Hinkley and the enablers, but it won't. It'll be...tough comp...injuries...nothing to see here...get some learnings...stability...hopefully we'll play better footy next year...hopefully...

Cue recurring nightmare. 🤢
We had three feasibly winnable games out of 7 before today and just lost one of them.

How dumb is Hinkley honestly? Brings back Dixon off no football for the best part of a month & all they do is the old bomb it rubbish, firstly it shows no selection integrity & secondly just a dopey rinse repeat bullshit outcome.
It was poetic that Charlie played true to form even if 7kg lighter. Still couldn’t run. Still couldn’t bend over. Still too scared to stand in front of his opponent.

Dixon’s performance was exactly what this board would have predicted.
How is it that a group of anonymous footy tragics on the internet can see what our coaches can’t?

Maybe we offer our services as a virtual coaching unit via Teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back