Game Day Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With the way the Season has panned out, todays game has always been a must win game but with this weeks results to date, this game now seems soooo much bigger and soooo much more important to just get the win.
If we can dent their spirits early in the game we could cruise to a pretty convincing win.

Ps. Go the Suns

hope Yeo and Reid can be kept quiet, win the clearances and we can win the game. It feels like a bear trap to me all the planets aligning to vault us up the ladder, and we get the blue and yellow banana peel! :(

Speaking of which prepare for our players to be slipping over a lot the Optus playing surface has been a debacle, everything crossed for no injuries..

Same! It feels like there’s more at stake now because the weekend results.
On the same note, key would be not to let the game get big on us. Just stick to our basics and doing the 101 stuff should put us in the right track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel pretty good about this one, funnily enough. I think we will be more than ready for anything they can throw at us. It's Berry's 150th. I reckon the players would be aware of the potential ladder climb, that should be motivation enough. I reckon Joyce can get in Allen's way enough to do a job. That should free Andrews up. We may be a bit scratchy at times, replacing two players from any area of the field is unsettling. We'll sort it out and should be too strong in the end.

I hope Brain gets a full game, I think he and Wilmot can handle their sm fwds. Our wingers, Fletcher, Bruuuce, Berry at times, all run well to get back and support in defense. Ah Chee has been dropping back as an extra late in qtrs. Defense will be fine.

I thought before Payne was injured it would be a 40-50+ win. Still pretty confident it can be.

How quickly things change ... not so long ago there was talk of maximising our draft potential as we were no hoping of making the finals and now we are speaking of top four and a probability and top two as a possibility.

Bit like a game day thread writ large.

Totally prefer peaking at this time of the year over the first month or so ... although not losing so many games would have been better ;)

GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!

Need to be focused for this game, if we can't be ruthless then I'd like to see us bring a mature performance. This game is so critical in the context of our season, On paper out of our remaining games this is the game we should absolutely be expected to win the most.Can't afford to underestimate West Coast.

If we drop this then we'll have to win the remainder of our games to finish top 4. There'll be no margin for error.

Last edited:
We win this and Suns beat Port, we finish the round in the top 4. Wild
It certainly has been a super Saturday for the Lions, as an incentive to watch all the games I tipped all the teams we needed to win to move up the ladder. Except for the pies it couldn’t have gone better, as you say us and the Suns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back