Game Day Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elixuh does don't worry.

Donald Trump GIF by PBS NewsHour

How quickly things change ... not so long ago there was talk of maximising our draft potential Replace Fagan as we were no hoping of making the finals and now we are speaking of top four and a probability and top two as a possibility.
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!!!
There. I fixed it for you :D ;)

bit apprehensive ngl

I look at this game - and the rest of the season - like this: we know that we can't really afford to lose a game if we want to lock up top four. The players are demonstrating that even when they're not playing well, they have an absolute drive and desire to win. The Melbourne game is a great example of that.

Teams will come at us, but as long as we have the hunger to succeed, I think we can absolutely go on winning each week.

If we're good enough to win when the tide is against us, I think we'll see some fantastic football when things click and our forward line connection goes our way. I think Ashcroft returning has unsettled us a little, but this'll be his third week back and he is an A grade talent, so once he settles I think we'll see more of the good parts of this team than the tooth and nail scrapping to four points.

Of course that's reliant on our hunger and resilience to back it up week after week being there, but I think we know what's at stake if we can back it up.

I just hope we don’t have one eye on the huge game next week. After results fell our way yesterday, this has opened up a nice opportunity for us, but we know after the week they’ve had they will come at us hard and if there’s any complacency as we look towards next week, well then it could be a tough afternoon.

In reality though they are a team who has just sacked their coach for a reason. All things considered we should be winning this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard that Lachie may be a late out? Just heard it, but don’t have a lot of confidence in the source particularly after pics of Lachie training in the Captains Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back