Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 4. Seemed like a pipedream a few weeks ago (although I did predict we wouldn't lose another game like 2001 back then).
Also, I am awarding a participation medal for the Eagles and Umpires.
If we can beat the swans next week the lids are off!

If we don’t, likely back to 8th:
Essendon vs Adelaide
Giants vs Gold Coast
Port vs Richmond
Freo vs Melbourne

Take the W but it feels like one of the more unconvincing 6 win streaks in AFL history.

Sometimes you just have to keep grinding but I’m wondering when we are going to start playing a more reassuring and consistent style of footy.
Collingwood won a streak of unconvincing games all the way to a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave voyes to Kai, Berry, Choc, Rayner and O. I thought it was a bit of a moments game with the arm wrestle we were in for most of it. Thought those players stood up throughout the game and at various times to keep us separated. Were a few more unlucky not to get a vote, but thought those were the main guys.

Supporting this team can be emotionally draining

It’s any team tbh. Some of us get so emotionally attached that my team not winning hurts way too much. Gotta remember it’s just footy.

Ashcroft played almost 100% wing and had a pretty average game. The midfield mix continues to be interesting with Dunks, Neale and Clug playing most of the game on ball relegating Berry and Ashcroft to decent but not very influential games

Best way for him to get kms in the legs is on the wing. Not a bad play tbh and he’s professional enough to understand.

The dead cat didn't quite bounce high enough and while they tried hard** I never felt worried. Good job getting the points.

Actually I might have to check myself on the umpiring since we haven't been visited by a bunch of neutrals telling us how bad it is when normally we would when truly being reamed...

**with a little help from their friends.

I didn’t think it was bad at all. Wasn’t spectacular but wasn’t terrible like I’m hearing. Only bad call during the last was Andrews’ push. Rest of the fourth we were playing two steps behind and giving away free kicks as a result.

Take the win but still concerns over teams gunning us through the middle with overlap.
Think we had the umpires who must have the worse ratings at the moment of all the umpires looking at that performance by them today.

Just good to get the 4 points considering the circumstances surrounding the Eagles and playing away in WA. We’ve done well out of the 5 trips to SA/WA.

I think the last 6 weeks have been the best I’ve seen Lachie Neale play. Ridiculously high level.

One of the better games I’ve seen Rayner play today. The 16 disposals and 2 goals are fine but the 7 tackles and the physical nature in which he played was the highlight.

Despite the rough start to the season we are remarkably back in the top 4. Destiny well and truly in our own hands now. Must beat the Swans next week but I think we could drop a couple and still finish top 4 from here particularly if we beat GWS & Essendon at the Gabba on the way home keeping them below us.

I can easily see all the teams within a game of us dropping a couple as well giving us some margin for error.

For now, however, keep winning! Looking forward to the Swans clash. I reckon we’ll have our eyes firmly set on a big team performance and knocking them off.

Neale, Dunkley, Clug, Rayner & Lohmann got my votes.

West Coast were pretty good with their pressure pretty much all the game.
Our players would have expected it and had to fight to the end.
We got the 4 premiership points which was the mission going to Perth.
Results fell our way and we are sitting equal 4th on % and play the top team at home next week.

Thought Rayner played an important role today.
Neale gets the 3 Brownlow votes. Should also get the 10 coaches votes.
Brain must be close to pushing McKenna back to the VFL so he can get some confidence back into his game.

We have quite a few talented players who have been down on form for a while.
Who? I would only list Bailey, McKenna & Charlie. Charlie was well beaten today, but still kicked 2 goals. If Bailey kicked (or passed off) the goal at the end of the 2nd his game wouldn’t have looked so bad.

Otherwise the team is looking pretty good. Fingers crossed we get Starce back next week.

Tough win against a highly motivated Eagles. Thought Shadeau Brain was excellent and deserves to keep his spot. I think Mckenna was a liability and there must be some serious thought given at the selection table this week to keeping Shadeau over him. Shadeau a much better aerialist and more accurate kuck.Starc returns time fill one spot so someone has to go.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back