Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Charlie doesn’t have a case to answer. Reckon even if he gets charged we’ll challenge it. Wouldn’t have seen a ruling on a tackle like that before.

If he does get rubbed out for that though good luck to the coaches on teaching their players how to tackle.
What exactly would be the charge ? Didn't pin his arms or sling him.

i see references to Nic Nat a few years ago (though I would argue he launched upwards to flip the player in that instance so not too comparable)

Charles momentum was ..lateral? I see the points against as it was a solid tackle and the player was 'driven' into the ground with Charles on top of him. I expect him to get charged for whatever, and believe we should be able to argue it off.

A great win given the circumstances. Liked that we kept backing our game in late when their surge came.
If it wasn’t obvious already, Payne has become integral to our chances. We look a far better side when he is in and playing well. His absence today was noticeable.

I really hope Charlie doesn’t have a case to answer. Reckon even if he gets charged we’ll challenge it. Wouldn’t have seen a ruling on a tackle like that before.

If he does get rubbed out for that though good luck to the coaches on teaching their players how to tackle.

Kingy doing his best to get Charlie suspended on First Crack.

Completely coincidentally, has kingy disclosed whether he has an under bet on our win total?

i see references to Nic Nat a few years ago (though I would argue he launched upwards to flip the player in that instance so not too comparable)

Charles momentum was ..lateral? I see the points against as it was a solid tackle and the player was 'driven' into the ground with Charles on top of him. I expect him to get charged for whatever, and believe we should be able to argue it off.
Umpire didn’t see it as a dangerous tackle and there was no free kick given.
So I would assume there would be no report.
So therefore 3 weeks probably.🤔

Harsh to say but O got out marked a few too many times down the line for him to get votes from me.

Desperately need better effort in winning the ground ball in F50 - really didn’t make the most of our dominance in the second and third quarter.

Thought part of it was eagles got good representation at a lot of those contests and we did not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingy now spending 2 mins on how Lachie is being held at every stoppage:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Completely ridiculous that he gave away two free kicks for holds but didn't get a single one today.

lol Lachie is so used to it he doesn’t even play for the frees anymore because he doesn’t get them.

Whereas Harley Reid constantly looks like Christ on the cross with his arms out stretched.

lol Lachie is so used to it he doesn’t even play for the frees anymore because he doesn’t get them.

Whereas Harley Reid constantly looks like Christ on the cross with his arms out stretched.

Harley arguing about the 50 was so funny. You've run right through the protected area and called for the ball!

Kingy also highlighting that Lachie gets held nearly every stoppage. 4 frees for the year. Eagles got 4 today!
Edit: "Lachie Lasso".
There appears to be a disconnect between how Lachie is umpired and how highly they regard him in Brownlow voting.

More often than not, can't buy a free kick, even for the most blatant infringements against him but then they'll give him the votes.

Weird.

Harley arguing about the 50 was so funny. You've run right through the protected area and called for the ball!

There’s so many occasions during the game where he just gives up on the play and walks around with arms out stretched lol.

There was one play where he deadset had them out for 5 seconds while the ball pinged about.

Yeah, look I have no idea. I know the AFL hate the optics around a player getting KO’d when their head hits the ground like that, but you are right it was a text book tackle. I’m not sure how it could be done any differently? Accidents will continue to happen in contact sports no matter how much they change the rules.

There’s so many occasions during the game where he just gives up on the play and walks around with arms out stretched lol.

There was one play where he deadset had them out for 5 seconds while the ball pinged about.
He is a highlight reel for sure. Will be interesting to see how he develops over the next couple of years. Going to be hard for him to.keep his head and live up to the potential when he is already goated by so many and including himself.

There appears to be a disconnect between how Lachie is umpired and how highly they regard him in Brownlow voting.

More often than not, can't buy a free kick, even for the most blatant infringements against him but then they'll give him the votes.

Weird.

“Shit boys we gave him nothing out there and let him get scragged all day and he still got 35 touches and dominated the game, 3 votes”

“Shit boys we gave him nothing out there and let him get scragged all day and he still got 35 touches and dominated the game, 3 votes”
Think Lachie just says stuff you umpires and i will just keep seeking the footy. Dont ever see him sooking to the umpires. He was being held in one of the shots and still managed to clunk the ball clean and get a clearance. He is a freak

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back