Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The VFL media just cannot help themselves; pricks.
He may as well said unjustifyiedly been cleared.
They make out sometimes they like us but then they remember who they are and we are the outsiders.
I'm ok with that tbh, most of my friends questioned me when I started going to the games, meh , who cares what they say.
Let's flog them .
Ok maybe in a few weeks , meantime we just got to get some wins off our Non- Vic brothers.

I still can’t come to terms that there has been no acknowledgment by any of them that Duggan was the one that tried to shake and twist Cameron around himself yet was unable to do so that resulted in Cameron falling on top of him and concussing Duggan.

I mean it’s plain as day and now Duggan has said so and yet the AFL still maintains it’s dangerous. They’re simply wrong and it’s insulting that they continue with this BS position or just plain stubborn and refuse to acknowledge they got it wrong.

I still can’t come to terms that there has been no acknowledgment by any of them that Duggan was the one that tried to shake and twist Cameron around himself yet was unable to do so that resulted in Cameron falling on top of him and concussing Duggan.

I mean it’s plain as day and now Duggan has said so and yet the AFL still maintains it’s dangerous. They’re simply wrong and it’s insulting that they continue with this BS position or just plain stubborn and refuse to acknowledge they got it wrong.
I have been thinking about this over the past day or so and here’s my take….

The AFL are facing lawsuits due to concussions to players.
Law suits cost money
AFL admin is motivated primarily by money
Therefore, the problem is not, “how to avoid concussions”
It’s “How to avoid law suits”

Solution:

Make sure that EVERY concussion is someone else’s fault!

Any concussion caused accidentally or as part of the nature of the game, can be blamed on the AFL and result in a law suit.
Therefore, every concussion must result in a guilty verdict for a player who can be blamed. Not the AFL.

Don’t sue the AFL. sue Charlie Cameron or Toby Bedford. Yes even sue Patrick Cripps… just don’t sue the AFL.

What do you guys think? Too much tin foil hat?

Just finishing watching the replay and wanted to single out Kai's effort in the last quarter to sprint down into our back half to smother an Eagles kick between the bullseye and centre half back. Then to bolt up to the forward line so quick he had time to double back at the kicker to take that mark at the top of the square. And most importantly, kick the goal when he must have been buggered.

9 minutes to go, 12 point lead, game on the line.

Remarkable work rate when so many of his team mates seemed to be running in quicksand by that time in the game. This is the perfect example of being able to build your attack off a strong defensive attitude. Hope to see much more of this going forward. Great effort Kai 👏👏👏

Last edited:
No one has more respect for the appeals board than me. I’ve always said the Appeals Board is a worthy and venerable institution, unlike the tribunal which is a crock of shit. They say no one respects the appeal board more than you Elixuh.
Wrong account Donald Trump

Just finishing watching the replay and wanted to single out Kai's effort in the last quarter to sprint down into our back half to smother an Eagles kick between the bullseye and centre half back. Then to bolt up to the forward line so quick he had time to double back at the kicker to take that mark at the top of the square. And most importantly, kick the goal when he must have been buggered.

9 minutes to go, 12 point lead, game on the line.

Remarkable work rate when so many of his team mates seemed to be running in quicksand by that time in the game. This is the perfect example of being able to build your attack off a strong defensive attitude. Hope to see much more of this going forward. Great effort Kai 👏👏👏

Was going to say the same thing post the game also.

Regardless of who kicked it, it was Kai's goal anyway thanks to that defensive effort. To see him bob up and mark it (and slot the goal), was the icing on the cake.

Reminded me of some of Mitch Robbo's efforts at times (that Port game when they went the knuckle, for instance).

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back