Toast Round 18 = Adelaide 86-91 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Constantly gets players names wrong, lazy as well as when a player knocks a ball on or kicks a ball on but it just goes to an opposition player, she just says only goes to as far as the other team and not the actual name of the oppo player, some of the stuff she comes out with is complete garbage, she ruins the flow and the experience by commenting too late too many words and stupid expressions and also just the sound of her talking feels like my ears are bleeding.
I gather you have as much desire as me to co-found the Kelly Underwood Fan Club? If she limited herself to half as many words she would be in a better position to change direction when required or check the names of players she has momentarily forgotten.

Yep, she said it would be cruel if the Crows lost. One of a number of instances of bias.

Even worse, Underwood in the third quarter, when Ginnivan was tackled high after picking the ball up down low and trying to get up and out of pressure said something to the gist of .... "Ginnivan caught making his signature move, the umpires rightly call play on"
It was a shit piece of commentating which confirmed her bias and lack of knowledge. It made my blood boil

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They edited out him reacting to the 50m penalty against Pendles. It was a perfectly reasonable measured reaction too

If his reaction to the 50 meter penalty was edited out, the rest of it just seems like an edited video from '1984'. Why would they do that? Makes no sense given how mildly he reacted.

I lost my shit at that 50 and slammed my fist down on the couch.

unfortunately my boyfriend's knee was in the way.

He is still hobbling and giving me baleful looks. He is exempt from domestic duties for the week. I think he is milking it. I blamed the ****ing scumpires.

Constantly gets players names wrong, lazy as well as when a player knocks a ball on or kicks a ball on but it just goes to an opposition player, she just says only goes to as far as the other team and not the actual name of the oppo player, some of the stuff she comes out with is complete garbage, she ruins the flow and the experience by commenting too late too many words and stupid expressions and also just the sound of her talking feels like my ears are bleeding.
Agree, she is babbling on about something then finishes and tries to recall the passage of play from our defence when it is already in attack.

They edited out him reacting to the 50m penalty against Pendles. It was a perfectly reasonable measured reaction too

Yeah, nice to know he watches the football like us all. Collingwood is watchable but they're also one of the most unwatchable teams if you barrack for them.

Interesting, we basically won every metric in the stats battle apart from marks i50 and contested, efficiency i50 and centre clearances and contested possies.

That last one, in watching our games is unusual given our pressure game - however the crows were (and still are) the #1 pressure team going into the game.

There is no doubt our improvement is a result of game development and player development and culture improvement.

The unexpected bit is the very short time span in which that has happened, what's even better is that what we're seeing now is not the end result i:e there's still improvement to be realized, how much no one knows.

As a club we painted ourselves into a corner that forced us into relying on development (and culture!) more than any other club, kudos to the club, the paint has quickly dried.

We are now watching before our very eyes no names become back page news this year, Murphy, Noble, Beau, Ginni, to name but a few. This is very familiar to our rise in 2018.

System over talent, or more accurately, system has created the talent.

I believe we are back in contention, or at least next year and the one after.

I lost my s**t at that 50 and slammed my fist down on the couch.

unfortunately my boyfriend's knee was in the way.

He is still hobbling and giving me baleful looks. He is exempt from domestic duties for the week. I think he is milking it. I blamed the ******* scumpires.

Hope he's not now lame Horse!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

c81e4d69695011819bd373a561f5329f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just watched the replay, watched it at a pub on Saturday so wasn't watching as closely, just wanted to say that Elliott was very good, he was clean, tough and tried hard all day.

I can't do this every week.

Just. Can't. It's too much.

Can't remember loving a Collingwood side more than I love the Pies in '22 but they're killing me.

N Fn Daicos. Unbelievable.
2010, 2011 went alright.

Excitement machines that lot.

2010, 2011 went alright.

Excitement machines that lot.

We were fn blessed from June 2010 right up to (but not including) Saturday, 1 October, 2011. Loved that team no less.

Watching the current mob of kids do so well unexpectedly, pulls on my heartstrings. :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 18 = Adelaide 86-91 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back