Preview Round 18 - Essendoomguys VS Melbourne Demons, MCG, Saturday 13/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Perkins

In: Hobbs

Other than that. No change.

But I fully expect

Out: Caddy and Jones

In: Goldstein and Heppell
From what I saw today Hobbs hasn’t earned his spot back. His possessios gave little impetus and his kicking in particular needs a lot of work. Tsatas and Setterfield both ahead of him for now.

Last edited:
Kelly was good vs Hill and Melbourne have dangerous SFs. He can stay.

In Setterfield

Wouldn’t want to change much, Setters has looked good playing that Mid/Forward role in the VFL if he’s right the extra girth will help
Turn Around Wtf GIF by BrownSugarApp

Liked Cox rucking. Get him to run with Gawn if he needs attention. No Goldy pls.

Melbourne are slow so am ok with Hepp playing this one, he's had a really good season. Plenty of guys were terrible the last few weeks. He can sub and Hind start.

In Hepp (sub)
Out Perkins

From what I saw today Hobbs hasn’t earned his spot back. His possessios gave little impetus’s and his kicking in particular needs a lot of work. Tsatas and Setterfield both ahead of him for now.
Agree. He was only average .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how this plays out because there are no obvious players to make way for our 'managed' veterans in Goldy and Heppell. Cox and Hind will be the unlucky players would be my guess if there are changes
Vets can be managed in more ways than a week off. Training injuries could mean another week off is warranted. Just sayin'...

Dees are a strong field marking team. We're particularly poor, particularly in our F50. Haven't seen Setterfield for so long that I can't remember but think this was one of his strengths. Heppell and Goldy have been strong in this area over the season.

Last edited:
Nah. McGrath only played on Schultz when hill was on the bench.
When hill was on the ground it was McGrath who had him 100% of the time

No, Kelly had time on Hill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah. McGrath only played on Schultz when hill was on the bench.
When hill was on the ground it was McGrath who had him 100% of the time
They actually swap around a lot . Our defense is generally a shared role. Redman was also on him for some parts until he swapped back to Howe. Kelly spent a lot of minutes on Hill.

Well from where I sat behind the Essendon cheer squad McGrath was on hill while on the ground
Maybe it happened at the other end. But they definitely swapped around.

Well from where I sat behind the Essendon cheer squad McGrath was on hill while on the ground
Maybe sit on the wing where you can see the other end of the ground :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back