Preview Round 18 - Essendoomguys VS Melbourne Demons, MCG, Saturday 13/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kong mentioned late last night that Kelly's out.
Sorry, that was my recycling the joke of some posters wanting him out every week. Doing so after the teams were named was me making it even more hilarious.

Heppell looked best when the team defence was doing its job further up the ground allowing him to better read the play rather than be led by his player.

To be fair all defenders look better when the team defence is on song. Heppell's issue, as you say, is he's exposed massively for pace when it's not.

His other issue is that Ridley is a far better intercepting Medium forward but due to a lack of trust in our KPPs he’s playing there instead of as an oversized medium

It's a fugazi. Play on.
d3bde700-83f6-48e3-8631-b5b0d3395ba8_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, has had an account since 2017 and that was literally his first post, complaining about Caddy being dropped for a future game. Really worth saving it up.
Harsh… :)
I too wasn’t happy* when Nate was dropped.
Seemed like a reasonable post.
Coach has had some odd selections… am aligned, I’m intrigued how he balances guys like Hepp, Lav, Goldie, Hind, Kelly etc going forward.
Would be happy for him to keep refreshing them in-out-sub rather than cutting the young guys like Caddy.

*f###ing infuriated

I kind of agree with it.

No point playing a raw or poor ruckman who is just going to get beaten anyway.

Better off to do basically what Geelong did, and almost concede the ruck - prepares you to rove to the opposition ruck as well as give you maybe an extra midfielder at every stoppage.

I would have preferred that they play an under developed ruck instead of Petty.
Draper is a great ruck for an opposition to rove as he lacks finesse and will put it into dumbish places quite often

He’s better on the bash and crash

If the opposition were going without a ruck we would have been better off with Goldstein who can seriously put it to advantage when he has space

wow, has had an account since 2017 and that was literally his first post, complaining about Caddy being dropped for a future game. Really worth saving it up.
Don’t really get this

Going from long term member to first time poster is a big moment and of course it might happen when someone has a strong feeling about something

We should be encouraging people in their early posts (regardless of how elegant or astute they are) and hoping they post thousands of times and one day become our buddies and sparring partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back