Game Day Round 18: Geelong v Essendon, Alphabet Soup Stadium, Saturday, July 15, 7.25 pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We did win that quarter.. not the crappy 2 points or whatever but because we actually matched them that quarter.. much much better effort. THAT is what makes this season different for me. Yes we got jumped again.. yes Geelong smash us every time.. but at least the boys showed a bit of spirit and come out ready to play that quarter.

If we can bring it back to a 4-5 goal loss then that will be another step forward for this group.

The only thing I will put on Scott is playing Weid again. He is bad, he is out of form and he is just not cutting it. Hands like concrete and offers NOTHING at ground level. I'd rather bring Hind in and play a small forwardline than persist with that.

I hope we can continue the effort in the 2nd half and at least show ourselves that we can match it and recover from bad starts.

Brads mum just called Chris and told him to stop bullying his brother, We got this.
step brothers GIF

I reckon we have won once against the Cats since 2007…and I remember that game in 2011 cos it was a tackling clinic by us and and we had Bomber Thompson in the box with Hird…Cats were undefeated and won the first 9 or 10 games of the season…am I recalling this correctly?

Once in 16 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong seem to group all their players up around the contest and spread hard once they win the ball whilst we seem to be content to stick to our zone and not win the ball so by the time Geelong have the ball our zone is in the wrong spot or cant cover all the Geelong players flooding forward

We did win that quarter.. not the crappy 2 points or whatever but because we actually matched them that quarter.. much much better effort. THAT is what makes this season different for me. Yes we got jumped again.. yes Geelong smash us every time.. but at least the boys showed a bit of spirit and come out ready to play that quarter.

If we can bring it back to a 4-5 goal loss then that will be another step forward for this group.

The only thing I will put on Scott is playing Weid again. He is bad, he is out of form and he is just not cutting it. Hands like concrete and offers NOTHING at ground level. I'd rather bring Hind in and play a small forwardline than persist with that.

I hope we can continue the effort in the 2nd half and at least show ourselves that we can match it and recover from bad starts.
Better effort in the second, but we beat them in that quarter because they couldn't kick straight. Play like that for 4 quarters and we probably lose by 4 goals which is a good effort against the cats at home.

Agree on Weid. I get Scott doesn't have any other ready made fit options, but he's such a liability and momentum killer (dropped mark leading to goal, turnover kick which we got back gave to him for another turnover kick are his highlights tonight) that we're better off either going a shorter forwardline (he doesn't give us a chopout option anyway) or throwing one of our developing KPDs forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back