Preview Round 18: North Melbourne vs Essendon, Carrara, Sunday 18/07/2021 @ 12.35PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francis is an interesting one- he hasn’t played since the 5th of June - that’s over over 6 weeks of AFL footy he will have missed by game day next Sunday so you’d think he’ll play reserves…BUT…
He wasn’t physically injured and hes 24 so provided he’s kept up running then he’d be right to go you’d think…
Not sure what he has or hasn’t been doing or how a mental health break impacts ones ability to return to their normal state of affairs…and whilst playing AFL is not normal for 99.9% of the population it is normal for him
Kudos to him for calling it out though and taking some time out - I hope he’s feeling better and love the way he goes about his footy. He is a super important part of our team and hopefully next tilt at premiership glory

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Francis is an interesting one- he hasn’t played since the 5th of June - that’s over over 6 weeks of AFL footy he will have missed by game day next Sunday so you’d think he’ll play reserves…BUT…
He wasn’t physically injured and hes 24 so provided he’s kept up running then he’d be right to go you’d think…
Not sure what he has or hasn’t been doing or how a mental health break impacts ones ability to return to their normal state of affairs…and whilst playing AFL is not normal for 99.9% of the population it is normal for him
Kudos to him for calling it out though and taking some time out - I hope he’s feeling better and love the way he goes about his footy. He is a super important part of our team and hopefully next tilt at premiership glory

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We're playing norf and have big games the following 2 weeks. If he is right to play this week, he will be playing AFL not VFL.

Someone over on Blitz posted about Shiel. Apparently was at the VFLW game yesterday and spoke to a supporter. Still 2-3 weeks away.

If that’s true, that’s around the GWS/Sydney games.

For North, you’d hope Heppell will be right. 9 day break helps. Maybe Francis but get the impression that the club doesn’t want to rush him.

Wouldn’t really drop Gleeson or Cutler after their games. If Langford isn’t available, could just be the one change

OUT - Langford.
IN - Heppell.

Ham stays as the sub.

Hooker > Bryan
Langford > Heppell

Gleeson stays, Francis a game in the 2s before he comes back.
Cutler stays unless Shiel is back

Can't see Shiel coming in - it's been 3 and a half months since he's played AFL....
But I think we will roll the dice on Francis - I think having him as medical SUB is a actually the perfect option - if someone goes down he plays, if not he waits for another week. So at this stage I'd say its either no changes, or just one:

OUT: Langford
IN: Heppell

and Francis gets SUB instead of Ham

Lineup:

Glesson Stewart Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Cutler Stringer Cox
Perkins Waterman Tippa
2MP Jones Smith

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Snelling Guelfi Hooker Langford/Heppell
SUB: Francis

Last edited:
North are a significantly better side than the one we played earlier in the season.

World beaters? Well no, not quite yet… but this will be a significantly more challenging game.

If I was North, I would be pretty filthy about the fixturing surrounding this game. This is one of their bigger home fixtures of the season and they are playing in Perth on a Monday night before a short turnaround to Sunday against us (coming off a 9 day break). Not ideal for a fairly young squad in the tail end of the season. Hey I’m not complaining from our end… but I wouldn’t be happy if the shoe was on the other foot.

Forget possible margins, forget their ladder position… just win it. I reckon it’s going to be a scrap. 10 or 11 goals (for either side) might win it.

We are probably gonna need them to beat Freo and St Kilda though.
Not necessarily. Saints have awful percentage still so they basically can only drop one or two games on the run home. Possibly only one if the other teams they're competing with can manage to win twelve games.

Freo's in a similar position but their percentage is slightly better and they've got four of their last six in Perth (assuming covid doesn't flare up in WA again).

If we can win five of our last six and not get smashed by the Doggies, there's a spot there for the taking.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be a good time to get a look at a side with Bryan and Draper in it.

"Manage" Hooker because he hasn't really done anything for a while now. Edit: on review he kicked 3 against Melbourne, I was dunk. Still, make the change.

Give Wright the run of the 50 and have Bryan support Draper.

Last edited:
This would be a good time to get a look at a side with Bryan and Draper in it.

"Manage" Hooker because he hasn't really done anything for a while now. Edit: on review he kicked 3 against Melbourne, I was dunk. Still, make the change.

Give Wright the run of the 50 and have Bryan support Draper.
Not sure I see any scenario that Draper, Bryan and 2MP play in the same team. I think the only way Draper and Bryan play together is by leaving out 2MP, which I also don't see happening at this stage. I would like to see Bryan get more time in the 1sts though.

Maybe you can do it against Norf but I am sticking with Chook for mine.

Not sure I see any scenario that Draper, Bryan and 2MP play in the same team. I think the only way Draper and Bryan play together is by leaving out 2MP, which I also don't see happening at this stage. I would like to see Bryan get more time in the 1sts though.

I think it works, but at the expense of Hooker.

Wright becomes the goalsquare FF while Bryan is the chop out ruck. Him or draper need to develop as a solid forward option however

I mean, the scenario is swapping a super mobile Bryan for Hooker, who is significantly less mobile than anyone else on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back