Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 trades and 32k in the bank.

Off to Splendour tomorrow so pretty much need to sort my trades out now. Maybe a chance to have a quick look after teams announced.

View attachment 528711

Forced trades of Sicily and Nic Nat.

option 1 - Assuming Webster is named, Sicily to Webster and Nic Nat to Grundy.

option 2 - Nic Nat to Martin leaves 455k for Sicily to one of the following: Luke Ryan, McGovern, Witherden.

Option 3- Nic Nat to Sinclair or Nank, leaves 521k for Crisp, Howe, Hurley, Hurn, Brayshaw, Ryan.

I feel like option 1 is the best but concerns over Websters body lasting the season. Second time he has had groin issues?

Any opinions welcome. go you pups stevebbb Andrew Birch
Not sure Webster will play.... I'd probably go Nank & Brayshaw

I need a def or mid downgrade target for this week. No bloody idea. Cant see ORiordan holding a spot for more than 2. Went very well, but a LOT of competition sitting on the sidelines.
Anyone know one ? or a 102K non playing rook pretty close to getting a gig ? Starting to make sense to bank the extra 20K.

2 trades left & 79,300 in the kitty

I have Sicily in my FWD line (I think that's a good thing?)

So thinking Sicily > premo mid via Heendawg back to FWD -

who should I bring in? Current MIDs - Titch, Cripps, Danger, Merrett, Ward, Jelly, Coniglio

Current FWDs - Heeney, D.Smith, McLean, De Goey, Walters, Fritz

OR

I have TMac in DEF, I could swap him forward and bring in a DEF - I'm 7k short of Lloyd. I feel like my current DEF is weak - Yeo, Laird, TMac, Savage, Doedee & Tuohy - no bench cover as I have Austin & Redman!

Help..

who should I bring in? Current MIDs - Titch, Cripps, Danger, Merrett, Ward, Jelly, Coniglio

OR

I have TMac in DEF, I could swap him forward and bring in a DEF - I'm 7k short of Lloyd. I feel like my current DEF is weak - Yeo, Laird, TMac, Savage, Doedee & Tuohy - no bench cover as I have Austin & Redman!

Help..
Or thinking just saying f'k it and going Sicily > Macrae via Heeney... leaves me with $1,700 in the bank 1 trade and Doedee and Fritz on field Super.png

OR

Help..
Get premo mid is the way I’d go. Oliver if you want to have some cash to go with your last trade. If not plonk the lot on Macrae.

Bringing in a defender leaves you with 400k+ sitting on the bench. Plus Austin has to be a good chance to return.

As a Nic Nat and Sicily owner I have NFI what I'm going to do! I change my mind every 30 minutes.

Right at this very moment I'm leaning to Nic Nat > Cal Sinclair and Sic > A Brayshaw. 3 trades left with no bank.

I've settled for Sicily > Heendog (Tmac to Def) I would prefer to do that trade next week as Heeney will no doubt be at least 15-20k cheaper, but can't take the chance on Sexc being a late out even if named. SP Boak gets a start if Robbie misses.

Leaves me with 3 trades and 38k and Fyfe still in the team. If JPK plays and Ahern puts up a respectable 80 I'll hold fire on a second trade. If either JPK doesn't play or Ahern spuds up as mid E then one of Giro/Spargo get a start or Fyfe > Macrae with 2 trades and 34k left but with decent coverage for mid & fwd lines. Will keep my options open for as long as possible. Would prefer to still have 3 trades at the end of the round.

heeney.JPG

I really wan
I've settled for Sicily > Heendog (Tmac to Def) I would prefer to do that trade next week as Heeney will no doubt be at least 15-20k cheaper, but can't take the chance on Sexc being a late out even if named. SP Boak gets a start if Robbie misses.

Leaves me with 3 trades and 38k and Fyfe still in the team. If JPK plays and Ahern puts up a respectable 80 I'll hold fire on a second trade. If either JPK doesn't play or Ahern spuds up as mid E then one of Giro/Spargo get a start or Fyfe > Macrae with 2 trades and 34k left but with decent coverage for mid & fwd lines. Will keep my options open for as long as possible. Would prefer to still have 3 trades at the end of the round.

View attachment 529015

I like it that you have that shit campaigner boak off the ground.
I wanted to do that this week but Scilly injury said no fuuuu way.

Nice team Kenty.

I really wan

I like it that you have that shit campaigner boak off the ground.
I wanted to do that this week but Scilly injury said no fuuuu way.

Nice team Kenty.

Thanx kenty. Yeah Boak is a "break glass in case of emergency" ONLY starter for me. Spudiest captain in the AFL and my worst selection this year by a fair margin.

Sicily >> Howe

Fall 10k short of straight swap to Lloyd, so it’s Howe & 40k change to go with my one trade left.

Backs have annihialted me this year. Andrews, Simpson, Hurley, Laird, Sicily & even promising rooks like Redman getting inured just was establishing in best 22 has hurt me.

FFS no more back carnage please!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily >> Howe

Fall 10k short of straight swap to Lloyd, so it’s Howe & 40k change to go with my one trade left.

Backs have annihialted me this year. Andrews, Simpson, Hurley, Laird, Sicily & even promising rooks like Redman getting inured just was establishing in best 22 has hurt me.

FFS no more back carnage please!!

If backs have annihilated you why not get a midfielder like Brayshaw?

As a Nic Nat and Sicily owner I have NFI what I'm going to do! I change my mind every 30 minutes.

Right at this very moment I'm leaning to Nic Nat > Cal Sinclair and Sic > A Brayshaw. 3 trades left with no bank.
Have a quick look at Sinclair's upcoming opponents vs Nank e.g.
Sinclair has both Gawn and Grundy on the run home, Nank only Grundy (and Gawn restricts the opposition rick's scoring much more than Grundy),Nank generally the slightly better matchups.
Sinclair also with some potential for Cameron to come in.
Makes Nank worth considering.

Just to put it out there, for hose looking for a cut price defender with potentially ok output (e.g. for an injured premo to facilitate a genuine upgrade in the ruck line), Bachar Houli could give respectable output. Price is right. Won't be for everybody.

Last edited:
With only 2 trades left and having both NN & Sic I'm officially screwed :drunk: My DEF bench options are Austin & Coffield and neither will play this week.

I'm hopeful Mason Cox plays this week because I can use him for ruck cover.

Most probably gonna just do the 1 trade this week and go Sic -> Lloyd?

Out sicily

In
160226124631-robert-forstemann-thighs-tease-large-169.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back