Round 18 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...you're an angry man, Parasite. :)

IMO, no. ROK is a superstar, but I'd actually prefer Voldt if I had the choice from here on in.

I've got 5 trades, $237k. Got top spot sewn up in both comps (in 1 league I may drop to 2nd, but it makes no difference really). Had one eye on overall, but a terrible week last week saw me plummet to 485th, so am only going for league now.

B: Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee, Newman, Ellis, Grimes, Broughton (Cheney & Petrenko)
M: Ablett, Judd, Selwood, Dal Santo, Montagna, Anthony (Dangerfield & Muston)
R: Petrie, Tippett (Jacobs & Spencer)
F: Riewoldt, L Davis, SJ, ROK, Deledio, Roughead, Higgins (M Brown & Wright)

Am happy enough to wait and see for Higgins with M Brown as cover. Would really love to go Dangerfield > Pendles before Pendles price goes up massively next week- unless I wanna do another downgrade, the $267k I have has to last, so pendles this week is my last shot for a 6th mid upgrade.

My question is should i sit tight after that (4 trades left after that)?? Grimes I can wait and see also, potential replacements both Hodge and Drummond should either drop or stay put, so that won't hurt. With my budgetary concerns though, maybe I should go Higgins > Buddy, befroe Buddy's price spirals out of control? Or maybe some other move??

I think Higgins -> Buddy and Dangerfield -> Pendles are very good options. Buddy has looked fantastic in these last few weeks.

All sound like good trades but having only 1 left going into finals would really concern me. Certainly trade Cox but Grimes might be back this week or next and Skippy could come back soon too...especially if the Dons keep losing to sides like Richmond ;)

Alright I think I am just going to go Cox-->Clark and Skipworth-->Reiwoldt. I don't want Skipworth in my final team, I think I have just enough money for this, and leaves me 2 trades for finals. :)

All depends on Stevie J being named.

If he is named, I'll be trading out Krak for one of Davis or J.Brown [probably the latter]. If he is not, then I'll need to get rid of Higgins this week. Though trading Brown in this week might be a mistake, I have a feeling Presti might do a number on him.

With Foley out for the season, my situation got worse. I have 2 trades, $22,400 in the bank, and am guaranteed top of the ladder.

This is my team:
Backs: Goddard, Newman, Drummond, Hodge, Bock, Fisher, Grimes
(Hill, Cheney)
Mids: Dal Santo, Judd, Murphy, Selwood, Rich, Bateman
(Foley, Muston)
Rucks: McIntosh, Kreuzer
(Meesen, Spencer)
Forwards: Deledio, Goodwin, S.Johnson, Franklin, Higgins, Skipworth, McGlynn
(Brown, Macaffer)

These are the 3 options i came up with;
1. Skipworth - N.Riewoldt
Foley - S.Baker
**Downgrading Foley to get cash to upgrade to Riewoldt, and with the Saints last two games, Riewoldt is very tempting...

2. Foley - Pendelbury
Skipworth - Porplyzia/S.McMahon
**This option is currently probs most likely, but close with the first.

3. Skipworth - Petrie
Higgins - Aaron Davey

Comments welcome, need help deciding...

which forward should i get for higgins. any forward except i already have riewoldt okeefe johnson pavlich franklin ??

Midfield as it currently stands:

Ablett, Judd, Pendles, Cross, Rich, Beams

Going tp bring in two premiums in the next two weeks for Rich and Beams. Which two would you choose out of

Selwood, Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna

Or would you rather have someone else entirely?

Hmmm... tough call
Chapman($626,100) & last 7 games = 133,107,155,139,152,126 & 103 @ an avg. of 130pts.
Brown($546,500) & last 7 games = 119,130,134,47,141,131 & 133 @ an avg. of 119pts.

Thier run home -
Geelong has Adelaide @ Skilled , Carlton @ MCG , Sydney @ ANZ stadium , Bulldogs @ Etihad & Freo @ Skilled.
Lions have Pies @ MCG , Dons @ MCG , Dogs @ Gabba , Port @ Gabba & Sydney @ SCG.

Hmmm.... After looking at all that it's still a tough call. Both have 2 home games left & both play Sydney.
Would be ideal to have both in your team but to give an answer I would go for Chapman if you have the extra cash. Only because they have Freo @ Skilled stadium in the Grand final round.;):D

I've got the cash, it's just a question of whether I want to spend it. :)

I'm going for overall ranking rather than a league win so I'm not too concerned with who is playing who for grand final week, but a big score in the last game of the season would be handy.

I think I'm leaning toward Chapman, but might do a bit of homework and see what I can do with the $80k if I was to go with Brown.

Looking to trade out Higgins as most people are. 4 trades left and I have 136,500 in the Bank. I really do want to save some because I want to upgrade players like Kosi and Bob Murphy during the finals.

Do I upgrade to the best option available and blow all my cash, Didak, Brown. 3K short of Roo. :(

I could go for a similar priced player like Leon Davis, Goodwin, Porpise, Brent Harvey (Just under)

Then the cheap option. Rioli is 322K and I'm leaning towards that. I save 100K here and has a BE of 69.

Hmmmmmm

Looking to trade out Higgins as most people are. 4 trades left and I have 136,500 in the Bank. I really do want to save some because I want to upgrade players like Kosi and Bob Murphy during the finals.

Do I upgrade to the best option available and blow all my cash, Didak, Brown. 3K short of Roo. :(

I could go for a similar priced player like Leon Davis, Goodwin, Porpise, Brent Harvey (Just under)

Then the cheap option. Rioli is 322K and I'm leaning towards that. I save 100K here and has a BE of 69.

Hmmmmmm

Rioli is way to inconsistent for mine.

I'm considering bringing either Stevie.J or Goodwin in this week for Higgo.

Which one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmmmm

at this time of the year, not much point bringing in a player with a low b/e, you want points , not dollars

at this time of the year, not much point bringing in a player with a low b/e, you want points , not dollars

Yeah I only brought up the BE because I can afford to wait another week to make a trade, I should have mentioned that. I have a very weak opponent this week. If I was to bring in Rioli it would be this week if I wait I'll aim for a better and more consitant player.

I've been doing my wife's team for the last cple of weeks and have now got a problem..... I want to upgrade a fwd but I have already put in everyone she will possible ever need... :D

Fwd line is;

Franklin, Chapman, Brown, Riewoldt,
Stokes, Higgins, Goodwin

Jurrah & Ballantyne.

Stokes is her 7th fwd :eek:

The only realistic replacement for Higgins would appear to be Pavlich but will he be put away early and thus, waste a trade???

Looks like Grimes and Chornes will be up and about, so I will be going Higgins -> Goodwin. I have enough money for everyone including RoK, however Goodwin has the best B/E and is undervalued going on his form in the last three weeks.

Next week for the finals I will be going Krakeour -> Didak after he drops another 50k.

Higgins to someone under 480k.

Good looking options are Goodwin, Pavlich or Davis. Any ideas? Thanks.

Aaron Davey is another option out of those 3 id go Goodwin as hes super consistant.

My problem is The midfield as its stands now:

Ablett, Dal Santo, Bartel, Judd, Lids, and Rich /Anthony and Myer

I wont to upgrade Rich to Either Murphy, Selwood or hayes.

Whos the best option???????????????

Aaron Davey is another option out of those 3 id go Goodwin as hes super consistant.

My problem is The midfield as its stands now:

Ablett, Dal Santo, Bartel, Judd, Lids, and Rich /Anthony and Myer

I wont to upgrade Rich to Either Murphy, Selwood or hayes.

Whos the best option???????????????

On current form Selwood seems a pretty good option. But if you don't want to overload on Cats then Murphy is the most consistent with only 1 score below 100 all year.

On current form Selwood seems a pretty good option. But if you don't want to overload on Cats then Murphy is the most consistent with only 1 score below 100 all year.

I was leaning towards murphy and hes fairly cheap now around 520k.

Thanks mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back