Preview Round 19, 2022: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 23 July 2022, 1.45pm @ Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Hall back for them. Had 31 touches when we last played them.

Thomas also a chance.

Gunston to take impeys spot. Impey just doesn't do enough at half Frwd or half back. Day cheekbone could be a problem so butler a chance. But, we somehow have to find a way to fit Kosi in the Frwd line as the second tall!! Gunner isn't all that comfortable at that.
Gotta make sure we don't get ' hammered' at stoppages as I'm really not that comfortable with this game
İt has a AWFUL bleak day in Tassie feel about it where we get pipped at the very end of the game!!!

A win guarantees we can’t end up finishing last so then I don’t care if we don’t win another game all year so long as our losses aren’t all awful and our young blokes are still showing all their respective good signs. Would be an optimal position to be in - any additional wins show we might be building something and we still end up with a top 10 pick - losses just enhance our draft position, just hopefully the gallant type of losses like the Fremantle game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because of intense work schedule I'm not as close to the action as most.

I get much of my hawthorn fix from the poster's on here; so based on that my thoughts:

1. Lewis needs a big body around to take some heat (don't need him smashed up week in week out). I know it is still a work in progress but I would like us to decide a Robin for this Batman by the end of the season and stick with it so we can build some synergy.
2. Not sure Gunners taking up a spot adds value over the next five weeks when we need to make decisions on fringe players at the end of the year.
3. Concerned about the heavy lifting done by Newc with such a young body - I would like to back him off a bit and maybe get Finn into the action more over the next couple of weeks (starting from this week).
4. With Ward starting to believe in himself I'd like to see him in the thick of it this week as well.

To the forum: Do Serong or Long warrant a game based on VFL performances?
Neither warrant it yet. But they were both speculative picks. Long started well but then got injured and he has struggled since. Serong always seen as a project and potentially a pawn to lure Caleb back…lol. Serong needs a few pre seasons in the gym and continued guidance from gunners then he can replace Jack in 2024. Liked what I have seen from Jai so far albeit in small amounts. Ned needs to get more of the footy and work on agility but again happy for him to do that at the lower level for a few years.

Gunston to take impeys spot. Impey just doesn't do enough at half Frwd or half back.
I would sincerely love for Gunners to recapture his form but I think he's cooked. So you are essentially replacing like for like (form wise) and losing speed and agility. That change doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Impey did nothing to warrant being dropped. Was playing as a small pressure forward in conditions that didn’t suit him - had 13 touches - most of them contested, kicked a goal and had 20 pressure acts along with 5 score involvements.

Not in their best interests to win another game now. Selection will be interesting.

Shooting for a priority pick while winning back to back games would be a very strange statergy.

I think its a tough game anyway . We are better then them and will be going forward too , despite the result of this game.

Impey did nothing to warrant being dropped. Was playing as a small pressure forward in conditions that didn’t suit him - had 13 touches - most of them contested, kicked a goal and had 20 pressure acts along with 5 score involvements.

He’s also had 6 scoring shots in just two games. That’s more than what Koschitzke has had the last five games.

He’s also had 6 scoring shots in just two games. That’s more than what Koschitzke has had the last five games.

I think his below par form earlier in the season is clouding views perhaps. I definitely noticed him around the ground on Sunday and he wasn't close to being someone I would call to make way for a returning player.

Not in their best interests to win another game now. Selection will be interesting.

Applying for priority picks is a farce, if a club needs a priority pick it should be self evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back