Review Round 19, 2023 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It was similar.

Bad kicking.
Shitting the bed.
Umpire howlers.
The other team just walking goals in or getting their set shots while we need GOTY contenders, or Rioli to deck his opponent.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

We didn't shit the bed at all. Collingwood have been doing that to everyone. It was impressive we actually wrestled back momentum. The scale of difficulty of some of those Elliot kicks was ridiculous. A little bit cleaner in front of goal and we win.

You need to be clean in front of goal when it matters, not in July.

This game gave me back a bit of faith after the Carlton pants pissing. We absolutely tanked that one.

It's Collingwoods flag to lose at this stage.

We were good tonight but there's no way we have any better chance at the MCG.

Need to win the next 2 games now to ease off the pressure coming from Brisbane.

100%
Collingwood are very very good. It's going to take something special to beat them
They don't have a key forward. Their ruck is average. We broke even with their best KPD down back.

All we needed to do was kick straight and not leave them pagans paddock up forward. None of that sounds special.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like what he brings to the table, and he's come on in leaps and bounds this year, but he kind of epitomises the type of player who will go completely to water in a pressure final.

Nah I think he’s got that little bit more in him. Next two weeks especially we’ll see if he can learn from tonight.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Are we allowed to drop Mcentee now? Marshall non existent. The mids were awesome. They just had more class when it counted.
McEntee is a poor man's Jake Neade and Jake Neade couldn't get a game for North Adelaide.

He and Lycett had their little midyear dead cat bounce but they've both reverted back to being the absolute spuds they are. Neither should play again this year.

Who knows? The replay
He touched it inside the line it bubbled and then he marked it over the line
I was thinking that people were saying it was out when he first touched it. I agree there was a bobble and thought that at the time.

I’m not sure blowing a solid lead to a fellow contender at Adelaide Oval, while dominating key metrics, for the umpteenth time is cause for philosophical positivity.

But sure, why not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back