Review Round 19, 2023 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

An enjoyable game to watch and Port really stood up. In the end, we were beaten strategically...not by effort.
Murphy was a thorn in our side tonight.

the big one is pies v lions. i still have us finishing second. only have us getting beaten by cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that annoyed tbh

Thought it was going to be a 6+ loss and then the season is gone cause mentally theyre shot
Very easy to keep in their minds that the flag is within reach

Evana for Fantasia is pretty much the change for best 22

Maybe Narkle for Williams as sub

Bergman was brilliant

They took more 50/50 chances
Drew did a brilliant job on Daicos

Weather didnt help us i know others will agree
Look at how much height we had up forward

Butters, Rozee and JHF is a sexy midfield

Yeah ok, what does that make the rest of the comp then?

Daicos is generational. Sidebum and pendles are still performing at a high level. Elliot is ridiculously clutch.

Mate we know the rest of the comp is big average. All anyone talks about is how deplorable the standard of AFL is these days.

Collingwood are the best of a plain bunch this season, the wheel does not need to be reinvented to defeat them.

Elliot's kicking was exceptional and would be considered exceptional in any era. I'll give him that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Disappointing, but not unexpected. We had them ripe for the kill all night and kept missing easy shots, goes the other end and they are fluking goals all over the shop

But that's the difference between belief and where we are.

We could be competitive GF day, but we won't win this year. We're likely to drop from 2nd to 3rd and looking at Hinkleys 4th prelim failure.
So a 100 point loss then. Hard pass if port will embarrass themselves. #sackhinkley ffs

We didn't s**t the bed at all. Collingwood have been doing that to everyone. It was impressive we actually wrestled back momentum. The scale of difficulty of some of those Elliot kicks was ridiculous. A little bit cleaner in front of goal and we win.

You need to be clean in front of goal when it matters, not in July.

This game gave me back a bit of faith after the Carlton pants pissing. We absolutely tanked that one.
Our goal conversion has been bloody average for years.

Disappointing, but not unexpected. We had them ripe for the kill all night and kept missing easy shots, goes the other end and they are fluking goals all over the shop

But that's the difference between belief and where we are.

We could be competitive GF day, but we won't win this year. We're likely to drop from 2nd to 3rd and looking at Hinkleys 4th prelim failure.

I was hoping for a change of the guard but even this squad seem to have no what I'll call 'kill switch'.

We just don't have the attitude of a premiership side this season. Having a chance to put away the top of the ladder should excite and motivate you. Why is there a mental block for our players? Do they not care for a premiership?

Wow what a bunch of pants pissers.

Sucks to lose, but we've had our share of arsey wins against Essendon and Sydney so whatever.

We actually proved we HAVEN'T imploded tonight. That was the best we've looked since the bye. Yeah it didn't quite go out way, but Collingwood had to pull out some ridiculous shit to get over the line. That luck runs out at some point.

I'd much rather lose this than in September. Butters was seriously pissed after that loss. Our problem is the spread is too thin, our bottom 6 are killing us. If those players can lift just a few % we can still win this - butters and rozee are absolutely flag calibre and JHF looked the best he had in a while tonight.

I get we've all been burned by Hinkley, but FFS he's on the boundary conducting interviews. He's not in control. He won't be reappointed as head coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back