Round 19 Hawthorn v Geelong @ The MCG with live chat from 7.30 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

No "we" in that post.

My attitude will be different if our respective sides meet in the finals, though I would probably rather that didn't happen......
Oops. I'm seeing things.

Come on YouTube footage someone!!
AFL match highlights not working on my phone or iPad. Damndamndamn

That was by far the best footy of the year. Bloody awesome

Second half in particular was outstanding. On more than one occasion I was left pondering whether my side was capable of playing at that level of intensity

Not sure if it has been said but one thing that looked odd was the slow motion after Hawkin's kicked the goal. Stevie J's head was slowly moving to Tom's crotch area and then he wrapped his arms around him as Stevie moved in and went down on his knee's below the camera shot. Looked like Stevie J went in for the BJ! As it turns out he just went to pick him up. Anyone got footage?

.... How 90% of hawk supporters acknowledge that an 8 goal head start was the reason for losing but it's the other 10% that gets mentioned. Tonight was a good game - its what makes our game a great game

Oh mate you misunderstand probably my fault. I don't mean all the Hawks supporters, I meant the idiotic minority. Most Hawks supporters seem level headed. I'm talking about the 10% having a sook. I always hate the idiotic minority of every team!

Oh mate you misunderstand probably my fault. I don't mean all the Hawks supporters, I meant the idiotic minority. Most Hawks supporters seem level headed. I'm talking about the 10% having a sook. I always hate the idiotic minority of every team!

Don't we all - a cringe button would be good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who appreciate random meaningless facts:

The last time a player kicked a goal after the siren to win a game whilst the Summer Olympics were on was Doug Strang for Richmond v Carlton on 6th August 1932.

1. Didn't realise it was such a good game when I was there tonight.
Just felt like every other Hawthorn Geelong game to me.

I won't be watching the replay so I'll have to take everyone's word for it.

We are always on the losing end of these games. :mad:

You should watch it....its AFL football at its very best.....both sides were superb. The result was terrific for us, and a little hurtful for you, but the game we all love was there to feast on.

Absolutely magnificent exhibition of Australian Rules Football. I would go as far as to say it was the best game I have seen for years.

Do yourself a favour....just deal with the first quarter. That's worth watching too...and then the fightback...

A classic :thumbsu:

PS: Not sure I agree with Bobbie...Hawks looked good enough to me. A long way to go....

good enough yes of course but what happened in the first quarter?

You completely smashed us.

Geelong were just harder at the contest. We had trouble adjusting to the pressure that we haven't received in months.

Your midfield got on top and you kicked a few quick goals, had strong momentum and it turned into an avalanche. Was a bit like us against Collingwood a few weeks ago.

Personally, I don't think Hawthorn are good enough to win another flag for quite a while yet because they have a midfield that consistently folds under pressure time and time again.
I don't see any dynamic players other than Rioli, Franklin or perhaps Hodge who can really grab a game by the scruff of it's neck and make a statement.

I thought our midfield played an enormous role in getting us back into the match.

I look at West Coast and saw the way they held up against Hawthorn earlier in the year and it's a pretty big deal because their age of players in terms of overall experience isn't where Hawthorn's is at and so what does that mean when they have a full squad to choose from and it's 12-18 months down the track?
They are a better team than Hawthorn already let alone later on.
Hale, Burgoyne, Sewell, Gibson, Guerra etc...they are just very good average footballers who are playing to the coaches game style the best of their abilities but until they actually bring a few genuine gorillas down back and also include some youth in the middle of the ground, they won't be good enough to beat the better sides who use that bulk and brilliance when it's time to stand up.

Okay but you have to take into account that we've lost our 3 games against you and WC by a total of 9 points.

Burgoyne and Sewell were very good tonight. And our defence has been extremely solid most games this week.

Geelong is the only great side that's beaten our defenders convincingly this year.

You should watch it....its AFL football at its very best.....both sides were superb. The result was terrific for us, and a little hurtful for you, but the game we all love was there to feast on.

Absolutely magnificent exhibition of Australian Rules Football. I would go as far as to say it was the best game I have seen for years.

Do yourself a favour....just deal with the first quarter. That's worth watching too...and then the fightback...

A classic :thumbsu:

Besides our big comeback and the late goal, what was so much better about tonight than the 09, 2010, 2011 games?

I think you've forgotten how good they've all been. I'll watch the replay sometime during the week.

The potential re-match during the finals with a match fit Luke Hodge, and Lance Franklin, will be fascinating.
If the game proved anything, it is that Geelong are not a side any club would want to draw in an Elimination Final.

Autie, balls, uncle

I know, I know, if if if.

The reality is we are good enough though. We were good enough to come back from 50 points down and hit the front.

I don't believe they would've had time to get the ball inside their 50 if Puopolo didn't keep the ball in play.

I know, I know, if if if.

The reality is we are good enough though. We were good enough to come back from 50 points down and hit the front.

I don't believe they would've had time to get the ball inside their 50 if Puopolo didn't keep the ball in play.

It was a great game to watch, and dont get me wrong i love that you lost because if we beat essendon it puts us a game clear of you again, but even after a ~50 point start you only lost by 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 19 Hawthorn v Geelong @ The MCG with live chat from 7.30 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back