Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got no idea if the Garcia murmurs are true or not, but a pretty good weekend for a guy supposedly in the bad books.

Gets full match payments ($5k) for sitting out the AFL match as 23rd man, then gets further payments and racks up the stats at VFL level.

Nice work for someone supposedly on the outer
You only get the AFL matchy. You don’t get a VFL matchy on top.

Looks like no rain Saturday night but being a night game in July it still will be slippery with fairly strong cross wind. You would think it would be low scoring affair with marking especially in the forward 50 difficult. Just hope we do not go in to tall. Naughton and Treloar must come in, Garcia promoted from sub. Outs maybe Sanders and Coffield.

So out of Astro, Sam and JUH I am playing Astro back for this game and only 2 tall forwards.

Saturday 20 July​

Summary
showers.png
Min 7Max 14Shower or two.Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mmChance of any rain: 50%
rain_50.gif

Geelong and Surf Coast area​

Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers, most likely during the morning. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h turning westerly during the morning.

Last edited:
Always find this thread 'interesting '.

We are down on defenders, yet we are looking to reduce defenders to bring in Naughts who will never play as a defender while dropping a defender.

We only played 2 kpds last week, and though I don't rate Buku, I can't be dropped on last week's form.

Those calling for Coffield to be dropped forgot to watch the last quarter. Obvious first match up for Cameron.

Hard week.for selection this week, but Trealor and Naughts in for Gags and McNeil that is it

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea how we will perform. Logic says will lose:

Scott has it all over Bevo
Cats hardly ever lose to dogs
Dogs hardly ever win at Kardinia Park
Dogs hardly ever win 2 in a row

Somehow, I think we will show up and can win the midfield and win it.

The palyers that have caused us trouble in recent years are

Stewart
Danger
Cameron
Miers
Rohan

I think we need to add Holmes to the list. The match up I would go for if I was Bevo

Stewart Macrae if he plays midfield
Danger happy for Bont to go head to head
Cameron This is the big call. I am playing Naughton back for this game on Cameron
Miers Libba when he plays midfield
Rohan Buku
Holmes Poulter

Last edited:
If Adsy tests well. Where does he slot in? The core midfield mix of Richards, Bont and Libba is hard to justify changing at the moment, especially given our clearance game (Bulldog bread and butter) is looking the most reliable it's been all season. Could he possibly swing to half forward or to a more traditional winger role? Allowing more space and time to search for a target and hopefully minimising his aggravating tendency to kick hail mary's into our 50.

If Adsy tests well. Where does he slot in? The core midfield mix of Richards, Bont and Libba is hard to justify changing at the moment, especially given our clearance game (Bulldog bread and butter) is looking the most reliable it's been all season. Could he possibly swing to half forward or to a more traditional winger role? Allowing more space and time to search for a target and hopefully minimising his aggravating tendency to kick hail mary's into our 50.

Adz can play anywhere. Could even see him off half back if we want more speed there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to stop the umpires as well. Not sure how we do it, but it's always the case with Geelong, especially at their shit hole of a ground.

It's no surprise the best chance we had to beat a full strength Geelong team was 2021 when there was no crowd to influence the umpires in making bullshit calls.

Easier said than done.

PTSD from many Geelong matches of recent years being decided by umpiring decisions.
Every time there is controversy around a free kick given or not given it seems to concern Geelong, and always in their favour.

I was at the game in Geelong when Cloak played for us in 2017, we had the momentum, and Selwood did his usual stage for a free kick, which was then upped to a fifty metre penalty. You could hear Selwood screaming at Cloak “**** you”. Never ever liked him after that, he didn’t play football in the spirit of the game, admitted after he retired that he staged for free kicks, and on top of that he is as boring as dishwater. Watching him commentating is just cringe.

Anyway, Carlton beat them, and we beat Carlton, put pressure on them early and they get shaky, relying on umpire frees. Bevo needs to come up with a game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back