Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Gallagher, VDM, Sanders and McNeil 2 of these 4 would be accurate

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd keep as many small pressure forwards in the side as possible. Who gets the ball out of their defence? Tuouy?
If we create multiple stoppages in our front half we win this. Marra & Naughton (if he's in) are excellent on the deck and compliment our smaller guys, and Darcy can ruck in the front half and leave English a kick behind the play.

If Adsy tests well. Where does he slot in? The core midfield mix of Richards, Bont and Libba is hard to justify changing at the moment, especially given our clearance game (Bulldog bread and butter) is looking the most reliable it's been all season. Could he possibly swing to half forward or to a more traditional winger role? Allowing more space and time to search for a target and hopefully minimising his aggravating tendency to kick hail mary's into our 50.
He's been our most consistent player all season. He slots straight into the guts

I have looked at 0 stats but to my eye Naughton would provide as much fwd pressure (if not more) than McNeil. So swap them.

Ads in for Sanders into the midfield rotation.

Garcia in for Gallagher because it's obvious.
I'd almost consider changing Naughton's role entirely. We have flirted with it in early this season by playing Naughton very high up the ground. The role I'd to see is a combo of Jeremy Cameron/Richo on the wing.

Start him at CHF but allow him to roam up the ground and even push back to help defence at time. Almost like a pseudo wingman. Burn opponents back to goal and take pack marks unopposed floating in from the side.

Let JUH, Darcy & Weightman operate in the 0-60m area between them.

I'd almost consider changing Naughton's role entirely. We have flirted with it in early this season by playing Naughton very high up the ground. The role I'd to see is a combo of Jeremy Cameron/Richo on the wing.

Start him at CHF but allow him to roam up the ground and even push back to help defence at time. Almost like a pseudo wingman. Burn opponents back to goal and take pack marks unopposed floating in from the side.

Let JUH, Darcy & Weightman operate in the 0-60m area between them.
I think to keep the opposition guessing we could see this role alternate between Naughts and Jamarra. One deep at times and one pushing high, keep them separating.

I think JUH pushing higher for periods can be beneficial as he gets frustrated when he's not involved for extended periods and his ball use/field kicking either side is strong.

Last edited:
I think to keep the opposition guessing we could see this role alternate between Naughts and Jamarra. One deep at times and one pushing high, keep them separating.

I think JUH pushing higher for periods can be beneficial as he gets frustrated when he's not involved for extended periods and his ball use/field kicking either side is strong.
Yeah absolutely and both have shown they can play both of these roles.

It's a really important aspect of our coaching if we want to rocket back up the ladder. We have these 3 absolute weapons with varying skill sets. The advantage we have is diminished if they are operating within the same area of the ground.

This is straight from the dogs website previewing the round. What I find funny is they do not even know how many games to go, cats, swans, dees, crows, roos and gws. When I last went to school a long time ago this added to six

What it means

With just five rounds to go in the home-and-away season, every win the Bulldogs can register will go a long way in their attempt to qualify for the finals series. Currently sitting one game outside the top eight – and remarkably just two games outside the top four – the logjam of teams still in the hunt has never been so tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naughton, treloar in. Garcia stays in. Might be sub again.

Gags out. Didn't hear who the other out is

Sounds too much what Bigfooty wants to happen = instant loss

last weeks melts = win

Garcia is very stiff to miss out.

Would have thought him over McNeil or Sanders this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 19 team selection v Pussy Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back