Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? They still came straight back in. Been out of the game even longer. What about their conditioning/match fitness?
i've previously uploaded the research on the subject (re-injury) ..have a quick squizz about the strength of the graft at circa 7-months and then each subsequent month thereafter up to 12 mths

hawthorn against Collingwood is a different animal, history shows that
any win is a good win against them

History has no influence on this game. Its an emotional narrative supporters and media like to run with. Hawthorns talent is not even close to ours. Its our form that will win or lose this game. Recent history says a couple of round 21 losses when it didn't matter. We were well in control of round 4 game (9.4 to 3.2 at half time) and shut up shop in the second half. Don't you think lessons learned from this game will benefit us?

History is an illusion but that's ok.

I love everyone is talking up a side that lost to the Cats by 51 points two weeks ago. Maybe Fly watched how Cats did it but hey what do I know.

Happy to take the wins in the next two weeks then worry about the real threats to our season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i've previously uploaded the research on the subject (re-injury) ..have a quick squizz about the strength of the graft at circa 7-months and then each subsequent month thereafter up to 12 mths
You know more know than Wade & the other conditioning staff at the club about Dan's knee & his rehab?

Based on your own google research?

Have you called the club, Wade and the other medical experts and advised them of their foolishness based on your googling? Give Libba and Goldsack a call also and tell them they were wrong to come back even earlier .. also

If we are so worried about McStays ACL why isn't the same level of concern given to recruiting Bailey Smith?

I more worried about Naicos tackling someone and losing another Brownlow 🤣

If we are so worried about McStays ACL why isn't the same level of concern given to recruiting Bailey Smith?

I more worried about Naicos tackling someone and losing another Brownlow 🤣

I worry for every player from every club returning from an ACL. Such a horrific injury & long rehab. I'll be nervous the whole time watching Dan tomorrow.

But we have to trust the club & Dan that he is ready & done the work. It certainly looks like he has.

The club was always hopeful he'd play this year, that was his aim & that was prior to knowing where we'd be on the ladder in July. So on that basis they're not rushing him back out of desperation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather forecast for thunderstorm, hail and whatnot looks like it should be clear from game time onwards? Suspect it'll dry quickly and not be a factor, but if it rains maybe it'll stop a kick-mark game.

As for JDG not being at a captains run that's not worrying to me. If you've got a sore anything, DOMS on gameday from training the day before is the last thing you want.

I can't see them becoming famous.

I'm a fan of Frampton out, as I see Howe replacing him in defence as a big upgrade and also think Moore is much better playing on the last line rather than higher up like he plays when Frampton is in. He doesn't get caught in no man's land as often as he has been.

With this defence, I think we'll both defend and transition better.
Wasn't Moore further up the ground last year as Murphy was our last line defender?

Don't listen to the media

Hawks last month -

Won RICHMOND
BYE
Won WEST COAST
Lost GEELONG (51 points)
Won Fremantle in Tassie (Freo coming off huge Sydney win)

Nothing about this scares me. Us playing below our best is the only way we lose. Ferral Hawks supporters are delusional.

We just win

It's Hawthorn

It should always scare you

The only reason we've beaten them a couple of times under McRae is because they've been a lower ladder side and even then our wins were by like 5 and 4 points

We probably should have lost both games

Simple fact of the matter is, the Hawthorn Football Club has this absolutely bizarro world hold over us that's been going for almost literally 40 years lol and I have absolutely no way of explaining it because it makes zero sense.

"Bogey sides" usually last a generation because it generally involves an event like a lost Grand Final (look at us and Brisbane now) and holds because the list remains similar for a decent period (look at us and Melbourne).

This Hawthorn bogey has last literally decades and decades which shouldn't theoretically be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back