Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything he wrote is true. Therefore, his fear is not irrational, it is based upon reality. We may win but that will be a win against the odds given our record against them over the past 40 years.
It’s irrational because correlation IS NOT causation.
If you think it’s rational then get together with Cousin, and send an email to Macrae explaining he needs to do something about this 40 year “issue”.

That your missus needs to follow one of the founding principles of heteronormative learned patriarchal behaviour and chuck you out onto the couch.
Yes, but afternoon delight is a thing of the past. I'm no chance unless in the bedroom with the lights out.

Everything he wrote is true. Therefore, his fear is not irrational, it is based upon reality. We may win but that will be a win against the odds given our record against them over the past 40 years.
Moore on Buddy - who gets Dunstall.

Been watching em for 70 odd years mate and we've beaten them so many more times than they've beaten us. Every game is a "Final" when sides play the Pies at the G. It's up to the players wearing the jumper on the day...not about bogey sides.
Until 1961? Hawthorn had never won at Vic Park - they started their long term success by asking Cwood what made a club successful - we should have followed our own advice

It’s irrational because correlation IS NOT causation.
If you think it’s rational then get together with Cousin, and send an email to Macrae explaining he needs to do something about this 40 year “issue”.
Even based on our most recent history with the club it is not irrational to be pessimistic about our chances. It's common-sense. They seem to match up well and have the capacity to stop our run and beat us up in the physical contest. It's not often we look hesitant but the last few games we have played them that would be one adjective which leaps to mind.

Have to be honest, I've really fallen out with the club over the last 5 weeks.

Then I watched this.

In tears for Dan (yeah I'm an old softy, but it really hits hard when you hear him say he doesn't feel part of our Premiership side). I really want our boys to rally and at least give themselves every chance to compete, if not win, to celebrate Dan's contribution which got us the flag.

C'mon Pies.

Even based on our most recent history with the club it is not irrational to be pessimistic about our chances. It's common-sense. They seem to match up well and have the capacity to stop our run and beat us up in the physical contest. It's not often we look hesitant but the last few games we have played them that would be one adjective which leaps to mind.
Boring, is an adjective I would use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was wracking my limited brain. Thought it might have been Moore, but of course Jamie was on the list before Darcy and indeed JDG.
Moore & DeGoey were drafted in the Nov 2014 draft, same time we got our steak knives.
Crisp played first round in the 2015 season, i think so did DeGoey, and Moore****????
But Jamie had played 52 games by the start of the 2015 season..

Edit: Just checked.. Moore didn't play his first game until later in the 2015 season.

Last edited:
Unhinged and irrational fear - correlation is not causation.
Go to post#752 above you need a reality check.

I suggest you spend tomorrow afternoon under your bed given you think the sky is falling in.

Nah

I’ve always been this way about Hawthorn

Because as I’ve shown previously, we’ve on lot beat them roughly 25 times in the last 70 games or so

Like I said, it’s a bogey that somehow inexplicably goes back decades

Have to be honest, I've really fallen out with the club over the last 5 weeks.

Then I watched this.

In tears for Dan (yeah I'm an old softy, but it really hits hard when you hear him say he doesn't feel part of our Premiership side). I really want our boys to rally and at least give themselves every chance to compete, if not win, to celebrate Dan's contribution which got us the flag.

C'mon Pies.

Yeah. Legitimately surprised how much that got to me

God I f**king hope Mac’s return is the turning point of our season

It’s absolutely f**king cruel that he’s not a Premiership player. He’s the reason we got there and he deserves that medal.

Genuinely hope this is the turning point.

Just hope the supporters don’t expect too much from his first few games back and keep expectations in check.

The Hawks midfield is arguably their best line while ours has never looked weaker under McRae than the last month IMO.

They've recalled Maginness to tag our best player in Nick while just as worryingly their best mid (and arguably best player) in Day didn't play the last time we met.

Tom Mitchell did however and had 30 disposals plus 10 tackles. Mihocek and Schultz kicked 2 goals each.

Those 3 plus Cox, McCreery and Frampton are missing this time.

They've been replaced by McStay, Markov, Richards, Kreuger, Sullivan and Long.

Can't say I'm feeling confident.

The Hawks midfield is arguably their best line while ours has never looked weaker under McRae than the last month IMO.

They've recalled Maginness to tag our best player in Nick while just as worryingly their best mid (and arguably best player) in Day didn't play the last time we met.

Tom Mitchell did however and had 30 disposals plus 10 tackles. Mihocek and Schultz kicked 2 goals each.

Because anyone even remotely realistic shouldn’t be

Between their form and our form there’s just no reason to be. Hopeful? Sure. McStay’s return could possibly inspire the boys to play with the sort of passion they played with in 22/23 and more often than not, when we bring genuine effort we win.

Also the fact that this game is literally our season on the line will hopefully bring some kind of actual intensity to them

Be confident Swoop. Hawks midfield has looked good against Richmond, West Coast and a tired Fremantle in Tassie. They were smashed by Cats midfield two weeks ago and lost by 51 points. We were smashed by Cats midfield and lost by 20 points.

Very confident Fly has made some postional changes tomorrow that will have an impact. Not sure Sicily can surprisingly kick 3 forward again and he admitted busted shoulder was useless back.

We will be ok :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because anyone even remotely realistic shouldn’t be

Between their form and our form there’s just no reason to be. Hopeful? Sure. McStay’s return could possibly inspire the boys to play with the sort of passion they played with in 22/23 and more often than not, when we bring genuine effort we win.

Also the fact that this game is literally our season on the line will hopefully bring some kind of actual intensity to them
It’s a 50/50 game.
We all know that.

Go into tomorrow with hope in your heart, and the knowledge that this team has climbed the highest peak.

The Hawks are a team on the rise and worthy of great respect.

So are we.

Our best is good enough to challenge any team. Time to have some pride in the boys and confidence we will resurrect our season tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back