Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The campaigner's shoulder is hanging by a thread. I hope we belt him up. No doubt he'll swing forward after half time and Bruzzy will be licking his lips.

Can’t see it happening. We’re too nice for that (even Bruz).

Either that or we know Trac wants to finish his career at his spiritual home so we took it easy on him.

Lippa was knackered last week after running away from Ollie Dempsey all night.
In his defence, it was Harvey Harrison who stood fifteen meters away from Dempsey most of the night. I have Harrison on my bench in fantasy and couldn’t work out why he wouldn’t get closer to his opponent when he couldn’t get near it whilst his opponent gathered touches at will.

It's Hawthorn

It should always scare you

The only reason we've beaten them a couple of times under McRae is because they've been a lower ladder side and even then our wins were by like 5 and 4 points

We probably should have lost both games

Simple fact of the matter is, the Hawthorn Football Club has this absolutely bizarro world hold over us that's been going for almost literally 40 years lol and I have absolutely no way of explaining it because it makes zero sense.

"Bogey sides" usually last a generation because it generally involves an event like a lost Grand Final (look at us and Brisbane now) and holds because the list remains similar for a decent period (look at us and Melbourne).

This Hawthorn bogey has last literally decades and decades which shouldn't theoretically be possible
Unhinged and irrational fear - correlation is not causation.
Go to post#752 above you need a reality check.

I suggest you spend tomorrow afternoon under your bed given you think the sky is falling in.

Last edited:
References to pressure testing vessels and pictures of chalk and cheese have me convinced about our medical acumen.

I'v been snoring recently. My wife thinks I've got sleep apnoea. What's your verdict and recommendation?
That your missus needs to follow one of the founding principles of heteronormative learned patriarchal behaviour and chuck you out onto the couch.

It's Hawthorn

It should always scare you

The only reason we've beaten them a couple of times under McRae is because they've been a lower ladder side and even then our wins were by like 5 and 4 points

We probably should have lost both games

Simple fact of the matter is, the Hawthorn Football Club has this absolutely bizarro world hold over us that's been going for almost literally 40 years lol and I have absolutely no way of explaining it because it makes zero sense.

"Bogey sides" usually last a generation because it generally involves an event like a lost Grand Final (look at us and Brisbane now) and holds because the list remains similar for a decent period (look at us and Melbourne).

This Hawthorn bogey has last literally decades and decades which shouldn't theoretically be possible

Been watching em for 70 odd years mate and we've beaten them so many more times than they've beaten us. Every game is a "Final" when sides play the Pies at the G. It's up to the players wearing the jumper on the day...not about bogey sides.

References to pressure testing vessels and pictures of chalk and cheese have me convinced about our medical acumen.

I'v been snoring recently. My wife thinks I've got sleep apnoea. What's your verdict and recommendation?
Eat better. Spend three or four days having two or three meals in the form of protein (chicken, steak, fish etc) with up to ~50g of carbs from vegetables. The 50g of carbs from vegetables will stop you from being an irritable ****.

Generally your snoring will subside or at the very least be very heavily mitigated.

Drink more beer and sleep on the couch.

this is absolutely hilarious

an entire cohort massively triggered by a comment suggesting vfl intensity is worlds apart from afl intensity but, ya know, whatever triggers ya :oops: :gun:

i'll let the lol brigade or you wife provide you with further medical guidance on your 'condition'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

an entire cohort massively triggered by a comment suggesting vfl intensity is worlds apart from afl intensity but, ya know, whatever triggers ya :oops: :gun:

i'll let the lol brigade or you wife provide you with further medical guidance on your 'condition'.

Not triggered at all. Just amused by the constant second guessing of decisions by people without access to the case and thus not in a position to second guess - even if they were expert in the area.

Not triggered at all. Just amused by the constant second guessing of decisions by people without access to the case and thus not in a position to second guess - even if they were expert in the area.
amused and triggered

never second guessed the decision ..commented on the disparity btw AFL and VFL

that said, I have a view. others may have a counter-view.

god forbid, anyone with a view or counter-view (and not inside the tent), would proffer that view on a public message board.

anywho

Sounds more about what triggers you Sam.

Unhinge and irrational fear - correlation is not causation.
Go to post#752 above you need a reality check.

I suggest you spend tomorrow afternoon under your bed given you think the sky is falling in.
Everything he wrote is true. Therefore, his fear is not irrational, it is based upon reality. We may win but that will be a win against the odds given our record against them over the past 40 years.

Everything he wrote is true. Therefore, his fear is not irrational, it is based upon reality. We may win but that will be a win against the odds given our record against them over the past 40 years.
It is irrational because the past 40 years has no relevance to tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back