Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
References to pressure testing vessels and pictures of chalk and cheese have me convinced about our medical acumen.

I'v been snoring recently. My wife thinks I've got sleep apnoea. What's your verdict and recommendation?

Tonteine therapy is her best option.

Been watching em for 70 odd years mate and we've beaten them so many more times than they've beaten us. Every game is a "Final" when sides play the Pies at the G. It's up to the players wearing the jumper on the day...not about bogey sides.

Looked at Pendles win% against the other 17 teams and Hawthorn by far the worst at 31%. The wheel has well and truly turned from their pre-70s shitfest.

Horrible day for footy, but hopefully this weather will give us some advantage, as the Hawks do like to play the uncontested style of footy. I believe they are one of the top 4 teams for uncontested possessions. In wet weather, the over use of the footy could go against them.....

This take is so strange, we are no where near having too many talls.
Ordinarily I'd agree. But as I type it's just started passing down again as it has all week.
One of those couple of times a year the game plan and set up needs to be adjusted based on conditions.
Cameron in the ruck Kreuger as back up than mcstay as a marking tall is too many. At a bare minimum 1 has to go if not 2.
How many times in the wet do you hear big KPF didn't play well as it wasn't a tall day/conditions didnt suit. Well today isn't so why play them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were dominating when it was Pendles with Crisp and Nick. It's gone to shit since Pendles strained his bicep.

It's hard for 1-arm midfielders to dominate in the AFL, Savvy. Not even Pendles' basketball background can make up for that missing arm. :(

The McStay inclusion is an act of desperation from match committee. Hopefully it pays off, but I did anticipate him playing in the VFL for another week or two.

If we lose today, we're not playing finals. This is our last hope to stay in the hunt.

C’mon WOODSMEN! ⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

It's hard for 1-arm midfielders to dominate in the AFL, Savvy. Not even Pendles' basketball background can make up for that missing arm. :(
Hine has just crossed a couple of blokes with limited exposure to elite pathways off his draft list.

For Pendles and Sidey, today is their 300th game together.

The 4th duo to reach 300 games together. The record is 307.

Degoey ain’t anywhere near 100% fit either. had a very interrupted season.
I know. But the mids were on fire and getting us over the line after Mitchell and JDG got injured - even with the forward line injured too. Then with Freo on toast, Pendles injured his bicep. We dropped two points in that game and have only beaten North since after getting thrashed early in that one

It's probably a coincidence, but feels like that strained bicep was a tipping point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back