Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season is done and we have no first round pick

Start pumping games into what kids we have that aren’t injured.

The 30 plus brigade look cooked (Jamie was actually pretty good all things being equal) and the 27-29 year olds not much better

Not sure I’d even risk McStay. Get his 2025 Pre-Season started from now. I was excited at the idea of McStay coming into a side playing well. But he can’t turn this ship around now. The problem is the defence. Not the attack. We’re actually quite efficient going forward despite our injuries forward.

So even if McStay comes in and kills it, any work he does will be cancelled out by the back 6

Reckon it'll just be
In: reef (into the 22)
out: schultz
Sub: someone from vfl
On what basis does McInnes warrant best 22?
Project player?
About time he delivered a bit more.
Admittedly it’s hard as sub, but jury is certainly still out.
Why does he not get full games?
I think endurance is a key issue.

Project player?
because he needs a full game, not come on with 15 mins to go and we are being smashed and the ball rarely in F50

Project player?
He's been at the club for 4 years. Play him for a couple of complete games and see what he has to offer. If nothing, then move him on. But he is forever trapped in this purgatory of being a sub or emergency week in and week out. I thought the way he was used tonight was pathetic. His spirts must be low.

because he needs a full game, not come on with 15 mins to go and we are being smashed and the ball rarely in F50
I get your point.
But what is the reason for continual sub role?
I don’t think he has a future as a pure forward and I’m concerned he hasn’t the tank as a midfielder.
He’s a square peg round hole type.

We can bring McStay in but it won’t change the way we play.
When you roll every forward up the ground thinking you’re gonna burn the opposition on the way back…only for the opposition to stay back in anticipation …you will then have no options to kick to, be outnumbered or be forced to then second guess/go slow and sideways and be picked off

Project player?
On the basis of hitting the scoreboard almost every time he is given more than twenty minutes on the ground.

I think this is the matador's death thrust next week. This mob loves nothing more than beating us and they do it with monotonous regularity. I'm bracing for one of those typical Collingwood v Hawks games where we cannot move the ball, they bully us and ultimately run over the top of us.

Yep. Call me a pessimist but we can learn a lot from history. After a while you start flinching even before the bully has raised his fist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News Flash!

Hawks to play an uncontested possession gamestyle switching play continually. We will stand in the corridor and not allow them to kick the ball near us. If they turn it over then we will bomb it blindly forward where they will mark and repeat.

Now should we kick a goal then they will win the centre clearance walking with the ball to their forward half for another inside 50.

They will win clearances except the 20 times Nick does.

They will win inside 50s

We will lose by 12 points but Fly will be happy because we kicked the last goal showing we played all the way to the last seconds.

Im being sarcastic as it must not be that simple or we would have defended this gameplan against us

I just hope the boys have a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
He gets a full game in the VFL and does nothing, less than nothing but people like you are obsessed with him. You can’t see beyond that. Granted a sub rarely makes any impact but Reef wasn’t in any form in the VFL and didn’t deserve a game. He came in on a 4 disposal 1 point half of football. That’s something I’d be embarrassed about.
I’ve stopped pushing for AJ to play even though he’s a favourite of mine, I’ve seen the light. The Reef crowd need to do the same as it’s getting old and embarrassing. I’m starting to think some people on here don’t actually know what they’re talking about.

He gets a full game in the VFL and does nothing, less than nothing but people like you are obsessed with him. You can’t see beyond that. Granted a sub rarely makes any impact but Reef wasn’t in any form in the VFL and didn’t deserve a game. He came in on a 4 disposal 1 point half of football. That’s something I’d be embarrassed about.
I’ve stopped pushing for AJ to play even though he’s a favourite of mine, I’ve seen the light. The Reef crowd need to do the same as it’s getting old and embarrassing. I’m starting to think some people on here don’t actually know what they’re talking about.
I think the club are past AJ too. I think around 8 goals out of two games in the Ressies? Yet still can’t get a game in the seniors where we’re screaming out for a true forward. Wasn’t he tried as a backman recently too?

I think the club are past AJ too. I think around 8 goals out of two games in the Ressies? Yet still can’t get a game in the seniors where we’re screaming out for a true forward. Wasn’t he tried as a backman recently too?
Reckon the fact we didn’t play him even still, they’re biding time to move him on.
I am disappointed he wasn’t given a last chance in this game. I think he already had his last chance earlier in the season though is the reality.

135 opposition marks last week. 145 opposition marks this week.
I reckon we can break through that 150 opposition marks realm this week.
Got to do more than guard grass & hope the opposition mis kick it.
Will get pumped this week I reckon. A few have given up the season & seem happy to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back