Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am truly concerned that we are rushing McStay back in. After a knee reconstruction (ACL), I think that it is prudent to ve very conservative with him as we cannot afford him breaking down. Personally, I would have given him 2 more games in the VFL before playing him in the AFL. Goodnight & good luck.

Not sure the ACL risks are markedly different in the VFL compared to the AFL?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bringing in McStay reeks of desperation. I can’t see it ending well, no conditioning whatsoever. Is Howe even fit?

Hawks will come to play against us, it’s their grand final…will be a tough game.
That's ridiculous. The work they put in on the track these days is equivalent to match day output. That's why some players go straight back into the seniors after lengthy layoffs. There is no way they would play him if they didn't think he was physically capable of playing his role.

Given the miserable weather conditions predicted for tomorrow (windy, raining, cold and possible small hail), McStay a possible late out or still play him?

Given the miserable weather conditions predicted for tomorrow (windy, raining, cold and possible small hail), McStay a possible late out or still play him?

I think we should look after him. We can still play for our lives without him. There is every chance a Reef could play a better game than he would tomorrow.

It’s not like our issues are no McStay either. It’s getting the ball inside 50 to begin with, and not having teams play keepings off.

I can only sum up this week's game preview in 10 words - final nail in the coffin, or a spark of hope.

Let's hope we can find something and it's the latter, I remember last year around this time we were stumbling a bit and looking pretty ordinary, but we came good when it mattered so it's not like we don't have that in us to turn things around.

Nick Daicos to FF.

Clear the 50 and watch him kick a bag of 6 on that Hawks scragger.

So we'll clear the 50, but Hawks will put a new defenders in there and pick off each and every F50 kick. Given Nick has never taken a contested mark at AFL level, I don't think he's suddenly going to be taken contested marks 1 v 3

I think we should look after him. We can still play for our lives without him. There is every chance a Reef could play a better game than he would tomorrow.

It’s not like our issues are no McStay either. It’s getting the ball inside 50 to begin with, and not having teams play keepings off.
Wet weather won't bother McStay. He is a mobile athlete and good at ground level too. All he has to do is make a contest.

Famous last words
I can't see them becoming famous.

I'm a fan of Frampton out, as I see Howe replacing him in defence as a big upgrade and also think Moore is much better playing on the last line rather than higher up like he plays when Frampton is in. He doesn't get caught in no man's land as often as he has been.

With this defence, I think we'll both defend and transition better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh fisher and Stevic not far off tho

I am truly concerned that we are rushing McStay back in. After a knee reconstruction (ACL), I think that it is prudent to ve very conservative with him as we cannot afford him breaking down. Personally, I would have given him 2 more games in the VFL before playing him in the AFL. Goodnight & good luck.
Why is his knee any safer in a VFL game on a dodgy suburban oval than in an AFL game on the G?

Bringing in McStay reeks of desperation. I can’t see it ending well, no conditioning whatsoever. Is Howe even fit?

Hawks will come to play against us, it’s their grand final…will be a tough game.
Ashcroft & Melksham returned after their ACL's straight back into the seniors. No VFL at all.

Why wouldn't Howe be fit?

Don't listen to the media

Hawks last month -

Won RICHMOND
BYE
Won WEST COAST
Lost GEELONG (51 points)
Won Fremantle in Tassie (Freo coming off huge Sydney win)

Nothing about this scares me. Us playing below our best is the only way we lose. Ferral Hawks supporters are delusional.

We just win

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hawthorn against Collingwood is a different animal, history shows that
any win is a good win against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back