Preview Round 2, 2019: Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs, 31 March 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah na.

Scully in for Mirra.

Lock it in Eddie.

I want it to be Scully in for Mirra too but I agree with TylerDurden that it will be Harry hat makes way. Up until last week his form was rather poor even if it was only practice matches. Clarko like his team balance and usually likes to have a settled back 6. Having said that if the weather is awful I could also see him giving Cegs the week off so we don't have a reoccurrence of last years final against the Tigers.

IN - Scully, Brand
OUT - Hendo, Mirra

Scully & Brand will both add pace on the players they are replacing.
Brand to Schache, Frawley to Naughton, Stratton to Gowers.

Hendo unlucky but Scully is just another level.

I want it to be Scully in for Mirra too but I agree with TylerDurden that it will be Harry hat makes way. Up until last week his form was rather poor even if it was only practice matches. Clarko like his team balance and usually likes to have a settled back 6. Having said that if the weather is awful I could also see him giving Cegs the week off so we don't have a reoccurrence of last years final against the Tigers.

A general rule of thumb is that players who are named on the field, don't tend to be outs. Morrison and Scrimshaw are safe.

IN - Scully, Brand
OUT - Hendo, Mirra

Scully & Brand will both add pace on the players they are replacing.
Brand to Schache, Frawley to Naughton, Stratton to Gowers.

Hendo unlucky but Scully is just another level.

Henderson won't be dropped.

Scully comes in for possibly Morrison, who is not really impressing at the moment.

Wow...

They’ll go OK in the midfield, but I can’t see how their forwards combine for a single goal with those match-ups, or how their defenders will keep us to less than 40 goals.

I actually think that Doc vs Brooster is their best non-midfield match-up on the park (they way both sides have been named).

Nash vs Easton Wood is dangerous for them & Sicily will destroy Schache. I’m really looking forward to seeing our Ruckmen dominate the last half of the game & give our mids some good service.

Hawks to get off the chain late. 50+ point win.

Wow...

They’ll go OK in the midfield, but I can’t see how their forwards combine for a single goal with those match-ups, or how their defenders will keep us to less than 40 goals.

I actually think that Doc vs Brooster is their best non-midfield match-up on the park (they way both sides have been named).

Nash vs Easton Wood is dangerous for them & Sicily will destroy Schache. I’m really looking forward to seeing our Ruckmen dominate the last half of the game & give our mids some good service.

Hawks to get off the chain late. 50+ point win.

If you read the Bulldog's board, their midfield will crush ours.

Henderson won't be dropped.

Scully comes in for possibly Morrison, who is not really impressing at the moment.
Think Morrison offers more flexibility position wise than Hendo so we can fit Scully in on a wing but then also have Morrison rotating around hbf/hff when needed.
Hendo hasn't done anything wrong at all but would rather us persist with the youth in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we can have both Frawley and Mirra in the backline at the same time given their decision making and disposal skills so Mirra out for Scully. Like the look of Scrimshaw will be a player, he needs continuity. For his size he moves well and what a beautiful kick. We also have Siss and Stratts down there.

After watching Martin last night having a quite one and being shadowed by Greenwood for our team balance would like to see Howe eventually come in to shadow/tag the oppositions best mid. I know we have Sheils who can tag but he can focus more on being an attacking midfielder.

Think Morrison offers more flexibility position wise than Hendo so we can fit Scully in on a wing but then also have Morrison rotating around hbf/hff when needed.
Hendo hasn't done anything wrong at all but would rather us persist with the youth in this case.

Mate, I agree that we should persist with youth but the fact is that Morrison has been bog average save for a couple of games last season. Cousins is a better footballer than Morrison in my opinion.

As for Henderson, his ball use and work ethic are fantastic. He also has a working football brain. Clarkson recruited him because he is a footballer. I'll quit this site for a month if he is dropped today (although some people would see that as a good thing), so sure am I that he won't be.

I really like Morrison, but I trust Henderson more at this stage of their careers. Obviously one is near the end of their career and will be eventually phased out, whilst the other is just starting to make a name for himself - so we need to factor that in too.

I think it's the other way around. Henderson has played FB, HBF, wing and HFF for the Crows.

IMO Morrison has only one or two positions in our side ATM and that's on the wing/HFF.

Mate, I agree that we should persist with youth but the fact is that Morrison has been bog average save for a couple of games last season. Cousins is a better footballer than Morrison in my opinion.

As for Henderson, his ball use and work ethic are fantastic. He also has a working football brain. Clarkson recruited him because he is a footballer. I'll quit this site for a month if he is dropped today (although some people would see that as a good thing), so sure am I that he won't be.

Morrison is listed in the side, so he more than likely will not be an out #washrinserepeat

Morrison is listed in the side, so he more than likely will not be an out #washrinserepeat

I rate Harry but don’t think a few weeks at box hill will hurt his development. Won’t get dropped though, Clarko loves him and won’t drop him unless he has a couple of really poor games - he was quite good last week so I think he stays

Fair enough, he won't be the one making way then. I think Mirra might be the one based on how the team has been named.

I/C - Hendeson, Ceglar, Cousins and Scully is my guess.

If you read the Bulldog's board, their midfield will crush ours.
Yeah, they’re rarely accused of being a clever bunch...

Sydney play straight into their hands. They move the ball slowly from the stoppage, keeping the footscray mids in the contest. Sooner or later, they win the ball then kill Sydney on the spread.

Last week, we moved the ball quicker from the contest & seemed happier to hack the ball forward than previous years. In effect, if they don’t win it from the stoppage/clearance, I can see their mids struggling to get near it.

The beauty about moving the ball quickly forward from a contest (from our perspective) is that we then have a number of players a kick behind the ball, including a strong-marking ruckman.

I.e. From the contest, if we can’t clear cleanly with a running clearance, we kick it forward. We 50%/50% that contest & if we lose it & it comes back hurriedly, we’ve got a Ruckman & all our mids behind the ball (as they’re still in the vicinity of the original stoppage). We obviously love to be stacked up behind the ball & should we win this contest, be it a mark by Ruckman or Sicily etc.; or, in general play, then we’re away & fast, with runners streaming forward.

Guys like Smitty, Impey, Hendo & Scully will run riot, or we can switch to the open side if we need space.

Game over.

Like most of us absolutely stunned that Scully is ready to go, and according to Clarkson they had to hold him back last week!!! Goes to Scully's professionalism - he ain't no slob. Such an unexpected recruit at the time and what a huge bonus he could be.

I love the Mirra story but watching on the TV last week i think he's the unlucky one. Henderson is so versatile and durable, two key traits the Coaching staff seem to love in him so i think stays in.

Do believe we need to add depth to the midfield in the 22 and Scully is a perfect addition whereas plenty of players can roll back into defence and assume the Mirra role.

Conor Nash will be extremely lucky to survive the cut. He took 1 mark, 2 kicks, 0 goals playing as a forward. Quite sure Mitch Lewis or Dylan Moore could do better.....

Super excited to see Tom debut for the hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back