Preview Round 2 2019: Richmond v Collingwood at MCG 7.25pm 28th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies are 6-6 from their last 12 games, to put it in perspective the druggies are 8-4. How the **** they made a GF still has me puzzled.

I think that fluke has bamboozled people into thinking they are a powerhouse on field, 1-8 from last 9 against top 8 teams and have scored 79 and under in all those losses.

One flukey win against the mighty tigers has the footy world conned they are a powerhouse...

I dunno, they did what a few teams have done

they strung together a solid month of football (like the tigers and dogs before them) but came up short

I mean remember last year all the talk was about hangovers and harder draws for Richmond as the perception was wed just peaked at the best time

we then went on to be the best team all year but sadly came up short at the penultimate hurdle.

I just wanna know why collingwood, a team that had beaten seven shades of sh1t all top 8 teams in the regular season wasnt given a similar treatment and instead is just regarded as the heir apparent to the premiership, something i dont think their form of the last 2 years has justified outside of what, 3 games?

We're not Adelaide, the boys shouldn't be using the Prelim loss as motivation. The didn't end up winning the flag, so gloating over a prelim win is embarrassing (especially when our list already has one under their belt).

This should be about sending a message to the rest of the competition that our defence can still be the best in the competition without Rance.

All we ever hear is 'if they lose someone like Rance, their defence is stuff' - this even comes from our own supporters. Reality is, how many teams have 3-4 quality tall defenders? Any team losing their number 1 KPD would be in strife.

Difference is, we also have Astbury and Grimes. A lot of teams would be lucky to have 1 KPD equal to the quality of our top 3. If anything, key position defenders is probably where we could most afford to lose one of our key players (as opposed to a key midfielder like Martin or a forward like Riewoldt) as we have more depth in that position.

I was upset over the weekend, but am pumped now to see how we respond and rebalance the side.

Remember, the last time we lost a key position player and had to reengineer the way we play on the fly was Ben Griffiths on the eve of season 2017 - that lead to an unconventional (at the time) small forward line.

We all know how that ended up.
I remember when chol stuck his finger in Jack's eye and we thought that was going to be a disaster.........in came Jacob

I remember when chol stuck his finger in Jack's eye and we thought that was going to be a disaster.........in came Jacob
Pretty sure Towner came in after Caddy did his hammy or something in R21 and Jack’s eye was a few rounds earlier, Soldo filled in for him

Rance being out might actually help us. He’s a lightening rod for the umps every time we play the pies - he can’t touch anyone without a free being paid against him. Sides also put a lot of time into him in their planning so a bit of unpredictability might be a good thing. Think Markov comes in and same ruck combo as last week. Helped us hugely Nank being able to rest forward and kick some snags. Backline just has to stand up now. Need to show us they’re greater than the sum of their parts.
exactly... tinkering with our forward structure and game plan because of the cattle we had won us the cup in 2017. Teams have learned how to play is in some respects, the silver lining with Rance injury is that we will need to change things up and hopefully make us less predictable and harder to prepare for

Pies are 6-6 from their last 12 games, to put it in perspective the druggies are 8-4. How the **** they made a GF still has me puzzled.

I think that fluke has bamboozled people into thinking they are a powerhouse on field, 1-8 from last 9 against top 8 teams and have scored 79 and under in all those losses.
They still beat us in a year where we were unbeatable and made the granny... respect where it is due.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still beat us in a year where we were unbeatable and made the granny... respect where it is due.
One game in a year we beat them twice. Finished third beating only one top 8 side. No respect until i see them back it up and make top 4 against harder sides, as it stands they are 0-1 in that category.

hahah i dont know why i havent learnt yet, but i went over to the pies board to have a read...

"lambert is their 3rd best mid, think about that"

lmfaoooo

Cal Moore is the bloke I would be bringing in for Rance, has pace, great hands and some mongrel.

He certainly has the physical attributes to play the role and has a footy brain as well as reading the play, Not sure he has played any football in defence at all or if he has the defender mentality but if Jones can play defence then any player can.
Why ?

He certainly has the physical attributes to play the role and has a footy brain as well as reading the play, Not sure he has played any football in defence at all or if he has the defender mentality but if Jones can play defence then any player can.

Why ?

Cal played alot as a defender early days in VFL and in juniors

Cal played alot as a defender early days in VFL and in juniors
Might be a real good opportunity to have both Moore & Balta in the team and gives us the flexibility to switch them if things are not going to plan and have 2 'swingmen' in the team.

Also gives us another option in the relief ruck area

hahah i dont know why i havent learnt yet, but i went over to the pies board to have a read...

"lambert is their 3rd best mid, think about that"

lmfaoooo
Listen I know Prestia’s short but really? Lol

A few people saying Grundy ran outve petrol tickets against the Cats.
I hope Nank runs him into the ground
Could be the case he had that toe injury for s fair chunk of preseason so maybe didn’t have the preseason km in his legs.
I reckon Nank has basically got to tag him, wear him like a glove, jump into him at every opportunity and tackle him hard if he wins it at ground level

One game in a year we beat them twice. Finished third beating only one top 8 side. No respect until i see them back it up and make top 4 against harder sides, as it stands they are 0-1 in that category.
spot on
armchair ride into the 8

win this week and we have an 8 point head start on them.
win this week and the pies could easily start the year 1-4 heading into anzac day

Best place to watch the game in Horsham?
I'll be introducing my Venezuelan colleague to the game! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back