Preview Round 2 2019: Richmond v Collingwood at MCG 7.25pm 28th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t wait for Thursday
The pig will take over with 25 and 3 goals in a mighty win

As good as any win against Collingwood will be. In reality until it’s in a big final it’ll always feel a little hollow. I want them in the granny this year where we get our proper revenge!

Tiges by 16 points Thursday

Sorry I don’t know if I can handle a Collingwood loss especially after the PF. I might be able to handle one the second game around, but the PF is too fresh for me right now.

I think the boys will be fired up after Collingwood was the reason our season ended like how Adelaide were fired up against us in Round 2. We still lost despite Adelaide having many injuries including in-game injuries.

I just hope the rest of the season doesn’t go like theirs after the “revenge”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can actually smell a loss this week.

It'll take us a little while to adjust without Rance. Also Jack and Lynchy still have to learn to blend together and get back into form themselves.

Collingwood are coming off a disappointing loss and will want to make a statement that last years GF appearance wasn't a one hit wonder. They will come out guns blazing like they did in the prelim, watch.

I don't think it'll play out like the prelim however, it'll be a tight game. I have a feeling we will fall short by 5-6 points.
I'll see your Collingwood statement from last week's H&A loss and raise it with a Richmond statement from last year's prelim loss ...

Hope Dimma keeps the emotion right out of it. Bank the 4 points and move on.

I doubt anyone at the club has mentioned Rance or the prelim. That sort of stuff is only for the fans and media.

no k'mac going back
is much better for us outside our defensive 50
Agree.
Most other wingers in the comp are 180-185cm.
Kmac has a huge advantage with his height and weight. He wins most 1-1s he is in with his direct opponent.
He is underrated as a winger in the comp.

Hope Dimma keeps the emotion right out of it. Bank the 4 points and move on.
I don’t really see us as an emotional side. We admittedly have a very emotional fan base compared to some other clubs, but our coaches, team and off-field leaders largely consist of level-headed people who see things for what they are rather than the emotion they spark.

We may see this game as a big game, but they’ll probably see this as a Round 2 H&A game

I think the only change this week will be out rance in ellis. I think we keep the nank - balta ruck combo. have balta as an option to go back if things aren't working. Nankervis looked great last week so, wouldn't mess with that. I know ellis isn't everybody's favourite, but I think he is next in line. we have a happy club and you have to reward these experienced guys. he would be given a chance to prove himself (he's not the worst 25th player we've had on our list, behind last weeks 22 and caddy and Grigg). if he doesn't stand up he will probably spend a lot of the year in the 2's. he's only a stand in till garth is match fit.

Yes. Ellis is a premiership player, he was omitted for PF.
Forty disposals in the VFL.
We already have basic changes from last year in terms of Balta, Lynch and Weller.
Cannot afford Sidebottom to have 40 disposals again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back