Game Day Round 2, 2021: Carlton Blues v Collingwood Magpies @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello MATE. Buckley is senior coach he has a big say on what type of player or assistant he needs. They get rid of Hocking and Gotch who jelled with the players Longmuir was out the door to carlton as an assistant becuase Buckley doesnt listen and so Buckley keeps Sanderson (they are related indirectly ) and mumbles Harvey who is hopeless and look at the way we are playing can't you see ?

Hello MATE. Having a say is not the same as making the ultimate decision. Thatā€™s Hine. MATE

and Iā€™m talking recruitment of players, not assistants coaches. Players. Which is Derek Hine sole responsibility.

im not a Buckley apologist, Iā€™m thinking his time is up. Iā€™m just stating the fact recruiting players isnā€™t Buckleyā€™s role.

hope youā€™re ready for Ross the Boss in 2022

cheers.

no more discussion. This is the match day thread. Bye

My sauce is tomato and barbarcue thanks. It was commo0n knowledge taht Longmuir was on his way to Carlton as an assistant.
As soon as that statement was made Freo stepped in and offered him the senior job you see.
In 2018 and 2019 Buckley took a back seat remember and loosened the reins and allowed the assistants headed by Longmuir and hocking and gotch to gell the players and we nearly pinched a flag but didnt because of injuries Either Moore or Daniel wells would have been the difference in 2018 and Beams in 2019 but we our medical staff were rubbish and still are.

mate youā€™ve just told me on a previous post Buckley doesnā€™t listen to anyone - so why did he listen to JL and Buddha, and allow them to gell with the players and influence 2018 success.
You canā€™t have it both ways - he either listened or he didnā€™t.
Your Carlton story is unsubstantiated as I thought. Longmuir would still be at Coll if not for the Freo offer.

Would have liked at least one more first or second year player in the lineup tonight. Cal will have to do instead. At least he'll provide some pressure in the forward line that was missing last week. At least we havenā€™t gone too backwards in our thinking and automatically selected greenwood or Mayne.

Would have also preferred Cameron to come in.

But we can get the job done tonight. Kids will get their chances soon enough.

mate youā€™ve just told me on a previous post Buckley doesnā€™t listen to anyone - so why did he listen to JL and Buddha, and allow them to gell with the players and influence 2018 success.
You canā€™t have it both ways - he either listened or he didnā€™t.
Your Carlton story is unsubstantiated as I thought. Longmuir would still be at Coll if not for the Freo offer.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere back then that Carlton had approached Longmuir. Doesn't mean they did but it certainly rings a bell. It's a shame that Longmuir is still not at Collingwood that's for sure.

Genuine 50/50 clash. Carlton were the better performing team last week, but I think the scope of improvement is greater for us.

A few players who had poor games last week really need to make a stand tonight. I'm looking at Grundy, Adams and Hoskin-Elliott to name a few. The key to winning will be through the middle. We can only rely on our strong defence for so long.

The changes are conservative. Sidebottom will always be a good inclusion, and he has troubled Carlton in the past.

We've been waiting 40 years to surpass them in the H2H record, so hopefully we make the most of this golden opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tipped Blues by 25 Pts.

Saw nothing except for Moore that give me hope we can beat the Blues

So if we go with your judging Dave hopefully you'll tip Collingwood by the last round

:eyes: I'll be watching :D

We need to ATTACK ATTACK but more importantly we need centre clearance dominace otherwise we are toast
This slow defensive game will kill us,they dont have a game style or 2 to switch too and the players dont have the skill to execute properly hurry up Nick DAICOS we need you
Is that you Matrix?

You should never drop a kid after his first game, do you think hardwick would ever do that

There's a balance. You don't want to damage confidence too much by persisting with players that still need development to compete at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back