Autopsy Round 2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Barker and Green.
Lol
When your development coaches get shifted around as much as your players, you know you're breeding ineptness!.

Whenever Cas marked the ball he had this expression of 'oh shit not me again' on his face.

You could tell the other players going up to him were trying to G him up and get his head in the right place but the guy looks terrified of having a shot for goal. To his credit, he at least gave it a crack.

Sticks/Carey/Fev/Matthewfu****Lloyd should spend some time with this guy.

yer that was sadly reeaaaallyyyy noticeable.

Yep his confidence is shot and if you are lining up thinking that you are going to miss you have beaten yourself already and are doomed for failure. You need a positive mind set or else you are pushing shit uphill with little hope of correcting the problem.

90% of footy is played above the shoulders and mentally right now we are at rock bottom.

Ok so all this talk is getting us nowhere, how do we fix this? And how long until we become competitive again? Mick really needs to start playing youth, he won't be around long anyway!! Is it another 4-5 years that going down the shitter?

Okay, i'll bite. You guys ironically need to look at Richmond. A stat for you Jatz, in the last three years, we've only won one less game in the H and A seasons than North, and we have now at least made 2 finals series. So our numbers are far better than any credit we are given.
We snagged Blair Hartley from Port, and injected a bucket load of cash into off field areas like fitness and recruitment.
When Hardwick took over, we were labelled as bad as Fitzroy on their deathbed. Since that call, we have eradicated our debt, established a stand alone VFL team, developed world class training facilities and re-developed Punt rd oval to the size of etihad. All that in 6 years.
So while the above happened, Hartley moneyballed our recruiting. We bought Grigg, Houli, Maric, Chaplin, Miles, Pettard, Hunt and (lol) Hammer in. We traded SFA draft picks away in the process and drafted kids in. Last year we invested in youth and got nothing but kids, who will now learn through our vfl system.
So while you can diss Richmond all you want, we made hard calls and rode it through. Mick was bang on in his presser last night. It was a very honest appraisal of where your club is at. The question is, are YOU prepared to ride it out like we have? It can be done, but, for your club, it has to start now, or you're another year behind.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Big difference, you got a guy at the top with a brain and a football brain. We are governed by wanna be's and people with deep pockets and big mouths. Our board is about status not what is good for the club. Our development is the worst in the league and our recruiting department is the joke of the AFL. Our players have nothing between their ears when it comes to mental strength and MM is just discovering this now?
We need a clean out of the highest order, from the board right through to the bootstudder

Barker and Green.
Lol
When your development coaches get shifted around as much as your players, you know you're breeding ineptness!.
Barker is terrible, Never looked liked it yet he's been on for a few years... We are stuffed in almost every angle. Except leadership, were right there :rolleyes:

And there it is. Enjoy your years boys and girls.

Old habits die hard, I'm afraid...

Who knows if we'll ever get rid of the arrogance. A bit of humility seems in order from where I sit...

Bullshit.

I remember only to distinctly the head of Ratten being called because he wasn't able to get the players to give a ****.

The Port Adelaide flogging comes to mind.
That's what I like to hear - a bit of passion from the supporters !
Still would take Rats any day over Mick in charge.

Barker is terrible, Never looked liked it yet he's been on for a few years... We are stuffed in almost every angle. Except leadership, were right there :rolleyes:
There's been more development in the flat earth theory than our football department in the last decade!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Blues should just go the man on Essendon next week. No prisoners. Wipe out as many as possible.

Thought that last night...then laughed at myself because I couldn't think of a single bloke hard enough at the moment to pull it off...

Yeah Ratten was no good either. Not as senior coach.

The problems start with those who put themselves before the club.

It's time to simply axe about 6 or 7 from the senior team to the VFL and play youngsters. Get destroyed doing so (what's different from now?) and go from there.

Those remaining senior players are there to take the hits while the youngers develop.

When 2nd gamer Smith gives more mongrel than a bunch of short stepping more experienced players you have major problems.

Bunch of fairies.

You can fix these poor kicks. Lindsey Thomas was unwatchable 3 years ago. Now rarely misses.

NM took one off season to fix it, what's our problem?

I'm not having a go at your statement just our development. With all the coaches down there, we can't teach a guy how to kick properly?

NM took one off season to fix it, what's our problem?

I'm not having a go at your statement just our development. With all the coaches down there, we can't teach a guy how to kick properly?

The yips is a bit different to being a complete hack (in a kicking sense)...

Thomas had the set-shot skill in his arsenal. It's just that his confidence was shot.

Cas has neither the motor-skill nor the confidence. Can kick when not kicking for goal but...:confused:

According to mick it is because of free agency... players don't want to play in mid to bottom teams. for example loosing garlett to melbourne

Am going to "G" next week with great trepidation.
Not that it is worth much but would sell my soul to see us beat Essendon who I hate a lot more than I have ever hated Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back