• 38. Steven Morris

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • 48. Kane Lambert

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought our gameplan worked a treat today, players seemed to have it down pat

-handball to someone who can be immediately tackled, even if you have enough time to compose yourself and kick the ball.
- slow play down where possible and enable as many opposition players as possible to flood D50 before roosting it high
- whenever possible lead to the boundary line
- if it looks we are getting any momentum, just make an horrendous error that gifts the opposition a goal
- never kick the ball long quickly to a 1v1 in the F50
- when you've got players making space near F50, chip it backwards 20 metres and close play down
- switch the ball at all costs, especially when we have less numbers on the fat sid
Spot on mate

nup. it was vlastuin's ball, ellis peeled off hoping for the handball over the top to then kick it into the forward line. vlas lost possession, dogs go forward. didn't look good, but don't think you can pin that on ellis.
Are u serious, Ellis had Shepard ffs. U cant just run forward and get the cheapy

McIntosh's numbers flattered him today. But the boy runs hard and he can find the footy.

Picking out McIntosh in this result is not right.

McIntosh is still developing but he is so far above out bottom group it is not funny! McIntosh is best 22 (not sub) everyday of the week atm.

I will reserve my critique till I see the replay.

I will say some players weaknesses reappeared yet again and , yes you have to question what happened today because I know the Bulldogs have improved and Bont. is a absolute gun but we should not have played the way we played...

Considering the pathetically low quality of the opposition, I'd say it is.

This Bulldogs team is one of the worst lists I have ever seen, and they made us look shit today.

I'd rather have Melbourne's 2012 list than this Bulldog's list.

128668931886872007.jpg

No you wouldn't.

You must have missed a few games......

Nope, been there for everything in recent times.

The various (and numerous) misfortunes of 1996-2000
Brisbane Lions loss in the PF of 2001
The various (and numerous) misfortunes of 2002-2007
157 points vs. Geelong, 2007.
The various 50-80 point floggings in Round 1 vs. Carlton, circa 2009-2012.
Karmichael Hunt after the siren in 2012.
Brock McLean with a minute left in 2012.
Elimination Final Vs. 9th in 2013.
Western Bulldogs match in 2014
Tommy Hafey tribute against the Demons in 2014.
Elimination Final vs. Port in 2014.

There have been some bad losses in the past 20 seasons.

This is categorically the worst of the lot in my book, due to the low quality of the opposition we were facing.

I'm sure our boys will top it in two weeks when they lose to Melbourne though. :$

You beat us in round 3 last year and where did you finish? You were great today, but some perspective please.

(Swans also lost 3 of their first 4 in 2014)

I agree, some perspective, I said "pure talent", firstly you are not the swans & secondly our very inexperienced players- belted most of
experienced ones. PURE TALENT - I DON'T THINK SO

Overall I'm disappointed but just a bit meh about it, if they had outplayed us with us playing the way we should I'd be upset, but we were rubbish and the boys were well before where they should be
We've shown in past years that we can beat the Premiership winner during the Home and Away season, it's just one game but it can't become a pattern

Fix it
The problem is Doc that we don't play the way we should when we should. It is disappointing that we had the opportunity to bully a young side today and bank a win (the ones we really need to take the pressure off) and instead we just turned up and went through the motions. So I think it is just as bad that they outperformed us on virtually every line.

I agree, some perspective, I said "pure talent", firstly you are not the swans & secondly our very inexperienced players- belted most of
Easy to say after a win mate, best leave it there

The problem is Doc that we don't play the way we should when we should. It is disappointing that we had the opportunity to bully a young side today and bank a win (the ones we really need to take the pressure off) and instead we just turned up and went through the motions. So I think it is just as bad that they outperformed us on virtually every line.
Except Rance*

But yeh, pretty dumb performance

Exactly correct. We will never win with this mob unless all the 17-20 year old kids are guns. No one has mentioned Griffiths again today. He was a disappointment and is perhaps indicative of these entire 5 years of draft picks. No stars. Look at McRae, Bontempelli stringer etc. they all will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we have drafted ok actually...had more hits than misses. This probably makes no sense but I reckon we need to get better slower...because it will have greater quality.

Getting P Dangerfield is a waste...let's keep Rance because he is still young enough, have a purge at end of year...play some of the youngsters we have...and find out who is going to stay

This is categorically the worst of the lot in my book, due to the low quality of the opposition we were facing.

. :$

Your seriously taking the piss yeah? It would have been a bigger loss if the 3 umps hadn't have helped u out most of the day too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a bunch of plodders who's one skill is pressure acts. The moment fatigue sets in and you drop off with that pressure, even a tiny bit, you'll be getting flogged every week again due to your deplorable disposal skills, and things will be right with the world.

Your club is so inept that it hasn't won a premiership in 61 years, hasn't even played in a Grand Final for 54 years, and has less members than it did 5 years ago, in a time where basically every other Victorian club has seen growth, regardless of on-field results.

You are the true minnows of the competition, but for now, enjoy your 15 seconds of fame, and good luck to getting that "lofty target" of 35,000 aye. :thumbsu:

#bemoreminnow

Your seriously taking the piss yeah? It would have been a bigger loss if the 3 umps hadn't have helped u out most of the day too :)

Mate this is our autopsy not yours. Piss off back to your own board and share the good times with your fellow peasants and plan your next prelim appearance...leave us grown ups here pondering how we are going to get to #11

Ill say it again I reckon we will win reasonably comfortably next week.
Collingwood are just average and got demolished by Adelaide at home yet beat Brisbane at the Gabba.

If we have something like this 22 in, we are good to go:

B/ Vlastuin - Rance - Chaplin
HB/ Houli - Astbury - Batchelor
C/ B Ellis - Conca - Deledio
HF/ Martin - Griffiths - Lennon
F/ Vickery - Riewoldt - Edwards
R/ Maric - Cotchin - Miles
Int/ McIntosh - Hunt - Grigg - Foley/Morris/Lloyd

Could argue to keep Grimes and drop Chaplin (but it won't happen).
And as good as this looks I don't see them dropping Newman either :(

But something like that and we win, no problem.

Was at the game and in my opinion, it seemed like the players were waiting for "someone else" to take the game by the scruff of the neck - and it simply did not happen. A couple of times, we strung good passages together, but a wild Cotchin handpass that somehow missed his intended team mate, then landed between three Dogs. No pressure, just a stupid handball for the sake of handballing. It went up the other end for the classic "12 point play". If our skipper is playing injured, I'd rather see him recover fully. Cheap handballs around packs looks great on the stats sheet, but in reality, it did nothing. Our leaders didn't take advantage of the two run ons we had - one in the third and one in the last. Jack misses a simple shot and we drop our heads. Yes, it is a mental thing right now. There's no intent. No application of a game plan - this is - if there is a gameplan with the exception of playing the flanks, and handball as soon as you can. don't tackle and for God's sake - NEVER shepard. The Eliis and Vlastuin passage on the wing was a disgrace. All that was needed was a gentle shepard (would not have hurt too much), and the ball would be in our forward line instead of another easy Bulldog goal. On the opposite wing, Martin and Ellis both hesitate for the ball, and away we go again. There's no intent.

It is really easy to see what we think are the issues from the grandstands, but some of these players ARE SOFT. They were beaten by a younger and hungrier side playing for their new coach. Our coach is too busy deflecting the issues away from his poor performance on match day, clearly outsmarted by a rookie coach with players he can communicate what appears to be a very good gameplan - with a Plan B.

It is only round 2, and early games are not usually indicative of the entire journey, but today, with the exception of Martin, Rance, Bachelor and possibly MacIntosh, the team looked completely disinterested in tackling, chasing, applying pressure and shepherding.

Match committee are up to their old tricks. Edwards out = Knights in. Petterd CANNOT play at this level in Edward's role. In fact, if we are still playing guys like Gregg, Petterd and Morris, then we are going backwards. Other teams replace fringe players with kids.

Steven Morris is not Jake King. Leave him down back or drop him. Griffiths is too soft.

Give Rance whatever he wants. Rarely beaten in the air, or one the ground. The best defender in a Tiger jumper that I've seen in a long time.

The Bulldogs are a good side that will get better as the younger players mature. If we don;t make some hard decisions, then they will have taken us over by the season's end. Can't continue with Morris, Petterd, Chaplin and Grigg. Could have blooded Lennon and Mcdonough, or played better players like Knights.

Best part about today was that Delidio, Edwards, Conca and Astbury could walk straight into this side. But something needs to be done with the tall forwards. They were no existent today. At one stage, it was Jack, Lambert, Newman, Petterd and Lloyd. A backmans dream lineup.

It is not the end of the season, but I am concerned that we are already playing like we did last year when we had no confidence in the coach and each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond V Western Bulldogs @ MCG - Saturday 1:45pm, 11/04/15

Back