Votes: 54 29.7%
  • 38. Steven Morris

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • 48. Kane Lambert

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

34 of the most useless possessions you would ever want to see. Worst captain we've had in my years of watching.
HEHE surely you are just upset? It wasn't that bad today. But if you insist on standing by your thoughts I enourage you to watch the replay of last nights game between Eagles vs Blues. Carlton have hit rock bottom and in no way were we like them today. We fought on even against our skill errors but we just couldn't break the pressure applied but more than that the Dogs never seemed to desist in the rabid ferocity of their play and were extremely damaging when we gave them the chance. Again, check last nights game, for the first half both sides were shockingly inept.

I agree though that Cotch made some blunders and so did many others but give credit where it is due, Western Bulldogs were very good. They didn't crush us, but they did have our measure. We will come back and be better for it.

I understand the Hardwick sentiments because you can only get so much out of something.
What will be will be on the coaching front.
It amazes me though that every single rotation of coaches the players are the same .
We have a great penchant for getting ahead of ourselves as a club.
I think the fans are the leaders there.
Look through this last weeks game thread. You'd swear some watched a different Carlton v Richmond game.
The form is stacking up based on last night and today.
As for the players I have real concerns. Trent Cotchin is a terrific player but he plays like a crab now and has no penetration.
It's why Deledio and Martin are more important. They are left in the shade by Rance though.
I was unbelievably disappointed on Brandon Ellis today.
I reckon he was soft. So was Griffiths.
No idea what to do with Morris,and Grimes and Chaplin are not going to stand up against good teams defensively.
Petterd somehow seems to know where to be more than anyone but slaughters it too often.
I have real concerns about Miles long term also.
Bit my number one massive worry as it was last week is The great man -Ivan.
The alarm bells went off when Goldstein took him to the cleaners in NAB.
He is struggling to keep up and is in desperate need for help.
Tyrone simply needs to step up as a Ruckman with Ivan playing second fiddle if we are to improve.
Griffiths can stay forward.
He does my head in because he's a lovely mark and long kick.
But he's soft and a bit dumb I reckon.
No point being a thumping kick if (a) you are going to miss simple ones inside 50) and (b) you are going to keep doing the dumbest thing in footy. Because you're a long kick going back from 65 and lobbing it on the goal line for an easy defensive punch through.

Most disappointingly though,is that this is déja vu last season all over again.

Players need to step up but coaches need to be on top of their game ( game plan) and get into players heads
This is what separates good teams from mediocre ones...the coach that can manipulate the players mindset are generally the better sides

For the guys at the game please tell me - are we fit enough? I saw Taylor Hunt, MacIntosh and Grigg stopping hunched over around contests whilst their man went in to get the ball a few times by the end of the third quarter. I remember Ben Rutten saying to Deledio when he first arrived that the pre season did not seem as much work as Adelaide, to which Deledio assured him that just wait we work hard in the off season.

Also Newman needs to retire, Griff just flirts with us and I am sick of it someone needs to teach this team how to tackle - it is embarrassing.

Brandon Ellis performed one of the most selfish, disgraceful,team acts I've seen in a long long time today.
Ball coming out of HB, we had the easiest 2 on 1 of all time against Matthew Boyd, then the wing was free for us to,run it up. All was required was the slightest Shepard of all time, but no he starts running the other way for the easy ball, ball goes through the Dogs goals 10 seconds later with next to no pressure.
Yep after a really poor kick by Batch.

I think we all have our pet person who pissed us off today.

I'm going to be sceptical from this point onwards re the playing group & the coaching department...my feeling is the the team is not worthy of the club at the moment...and that's going to frustrate all of us until it's solved

Thought our gameplan worked a treat today, players seemed to have it down pat

-handball to someone who can be immediately tackled, even if you have enough time to compose yourself and kick the ball.
- slow play down where possible and enable as many opposition players as possible to flood D50 before roosting it high
- whenever possible lead to the boundary line
- if it looks we are getting any momentum, just make an horrendous error that gifts the opposition a goal
- never kick the ball long quickly to a 1v1 in the F50
- when you've got players making space near F50, chip it backwards 20 metres and close play down
- switch the ball at all costs, especially when we have less numbers on the fat sid
You forgot kicking to oppo advantage all the time.

Remember we opened up in the third, got the first goal...and had momentum heading into CHF...when we got oh so fancy with handball...Bob Murphy I think read the sideways kick (not forward because our forwards are to groovy to scrap...they like lace out clean marks and don't tackle) and down the middle he went. That's when I thought we are shot today...dumb dumb football.

Out: Gordan (he's shit), Petterd (was shit), Lambert (needs time in VFL to learn whatever it is our gameplan is), Newman (he's old), Grimes (we need Astbury.)
In: Deledio, Sheds, Astbury, Knights, Lennon/McDonough/Foley

Just got back from the game.
Wow, that was below average. Bulldogs were solid, without being outstanding.
More I50, disposals, frees and clearances should be a win. Yet, the system to win the ball in our forward 50 was deplorable.
17 marks to 7 in our forward 50 and still lose the game. How many out on the fulls were there?
Hardwick out coached again. This was obvious, with Murphy running out of defence time and time again. Its Morris job to defend in our forward line. Failed.
Happy with Rance, Martin and McIntoshs game. Only ones i gave votes to.
All week there was a debate about Newmans inclusion in the 22. He was ok today. he deserves a game next week.

Just on a side note, My son and I along with a few of his mates went to the game. After the game we had a kick to kick. My son took a hanger over a few of the lads. Got some serous height. He was so pumped. A few people saw it and told him to go to the club and try for the team. We couldn't do any worse
After that performance by the tigers, i needed something to put a smile on my dial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the feeling all week that we Underated the bulldogs. Thing with playing a young enthusiastic side early in the year is they're still fresh and enthusiastic. Take stock. Take the kick in the arse and move on..
And some laughed when i said the Dogs will sit on Houli because his 700+ meters last week destroyed the Blues.

Players need to step up but coaches need to be on top of their game ( game plan) and get into players heads
This is what separates good teams from mediocre ones...the coach that can manipulate the players mindset are generally the better sides
That is part true of course.
But it also suggests we have had 30 years if shit coaches as opposed players.
Personally I think the players believe the bullshit the fans go on with.

Martin, Rance our only acceptable players today. Cotchin was decent without being great. Many players had their colours well and truly lowered by a younger team. Could be a very costly loss.
Disagree on Martin. He is incredible when the ball is within 10 meters of him. Still think he has some work to do when the cameras are not on him.

Disagree on Martin. He is incredible when the ball is within 10 meters of him. Still think he has some work to do when the cameras are not on him.

Probably, but at least he looked dangerous when he was near the ball. More than I can say about any others.

We will come back and be better for it.

If by we you mean us the supporters, why of course we will be back. If you mean the club and the side that takes the field, doubtful. Today was just more of the same bullshit we are forced to swallow, some weeks we get a little bit of sugar to help it go down. But it's still shit and it's still the same.

Where do I start?
I expect more from Houli. His good is very good but as he showed today, his bad is woeful. Not good enough.
I have defended Batch forever. Not anymore.
Cotchin just kicks it 20m and has zero impact.
2nd gamer outcoached Hardwick today. What did he do when the Dogs flooded back abd then murdered us on the counter attack?
I LOVE Morris. Absolutey love him, but he is on borrowed time. Hate saying that.
I love Ellis too, but how much longer do we have to put up with all the wrong decisions he makes?

Positives
Rance: just pay him whatever he wants. We cannot afford to lose him. Best defender in the comp.
Miles: extremely good
Martin: ran both ways
Jack: always lookedlikely

The rest were woeful

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond V Western Bulldogs @ MCG - Saturday 1:45pm, 11/04/15

Back