Votes: 54 29.7%
  • 38. Steven Morris

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • 48. Kane Lambert

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No Pav, No Sandi, no McPharlin after this year.... If they don't win it this year, they might be cooked in terms of window.... we will at least be younger...
Problem is, this team wont provide him with anything close to a premiership NOR the money if he stays from how things look right now. At Fremantle, he can at least get some $$$ and come close to a Premiership

That was because they DEFENDED those players so the release wasn't easy. That is why we went slow at times, which is something else we need to address.

I think the go slow comes first. Movement creates momentum.... Need to take the game on more. We didn't help ourselves with some disgraceful turnovers. Petterd kicking it over JR's head in the first quarter, Cotch's handball to Murphy etc etc

Bomber Thompson said that last week on 360, how when he was at the Cats regardles of Tiger form the coaches and players viewed us as mentaly weak and never took us serious. He hinted nothing has changed in his opinion.

In 2013 we disposed of rubbish sides.

Since that EF loss to Carlton, we've rarely smashed a bottom team, barring that win against GWS last year when Jack kicked 11 goals.

And we've dropped 3 games to Bottom 4-6 clubs in that time (twice against the Dogs now, and also against Melbourne).

We are very much like North Melbourne, except a lesser version.

Problem is, this team wont provide him with anything close to a premiership NOR the money if he stays from how things look right now. At Fremantle, he can at least get some $$$ and come close to a Premiership

Well maybe for 1 year or two but not in 5 to 7 years which would be the contract he'd sign....

We just gave them the ball.
Quite simple really. We had the ball more, just gave it back to them, occasionally under pressure but often not.
Kicking for goal was shit when we needed to nail them. eg Griffo misses a sitter in Q1 and nails the same shot in Q3. JR missed goals he should've kicked esp when we were coming at them in Q3. Would've put us a point down, with momentum.

Bomber Thompson said that last week on 360, how when he was at the Cats regardles of Tiger form the coaches and players viewed us as mentaly weak and never took us serious. He hinted nothing has changed in his opinion.
hes right then isnt he

just back from the game also. don't think lids would have made much difference. dogs worked harder, blocked the corridor and flooded back whenever there was a turnover, hence the kicks to the flanks.
rance had a super game as did martin (but he tired late in the game). really struggled to generate run once dogs blocked the corridor; no room for houli, hunt or ellis to go inside except occasionally. those 3 and cotch had no real impact on the game. newman was nowhere near our worst.
every now and then, every team can have an 'off' day. ours was today. disappointed, but will see where we are after round 5 before calling for coaches head.
Yep. Agree.
Can always trust a Pole.
If there is a people who know fortitude - it's them.

This statement hurt me a little I must admit. It hurt me because unfortunately it is probably true. This is why teams like Geelong, Collingwood and North Melbourne waltz in with the 4 points showing no sign of fright, even if they are trailing by a lot.

In fact, that might have even been an integral factor of Carlton's game plan over the period of 2012-2014 against us. Let them go ahead by alot, scare them and then fly past them. It seemed to work every time, including the Elimination Final. North did the same last year.

If only the players were as mentally strong as the Richmond supporters...

Considering the pathetically low quality of the opposition, I'd say it is.

This Bulldogs team is one of the worst lists I have ever seen, and they made us look shit today.

I'd rather have Melbourne's 2012 list than this Bulldog's list.
If you think their list is bad, then that's your op but I seriously disagree. I definately don't think they are 'pathetically low quality'. Their brand is pretty good imo. Whether they can sustain it is another question, but imo they are tough on the inside and fast on the outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game.
I honestly can't find any positives to take out of it.
We have been completely found out game plan wise. If we lose the clearances, we lose the game. We don't have enough players in the team who work back hard ebough. Everytime there was a contest, the dogs seemed to have more numbers around the ball and they just spread so much more efficiently than us.
It wasn't like there were a few younger players that put their hand up and had a good game. I can't honestly pick more than 3 players to put in the votes.
Why do we have no plan B? We start losing the contested possessions and clearances and was there any sign of a strategic move from the coaches box? The Bulldogs got nearly every single one of their goals by playing fast, running hard and kicking direct. We were so slow, chipping it around the ground and it didn't work for 4 quarters so at what point does the message go out to go "alright **** it, we need to roll the dice here so tell em to kick it through the corridor"? It was like they were all just waiting for us to click into gear and we'd just somehow start playing better.
For me, there is a big question mark on our leadership because we didn't have one senior player who put their hand up and tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck when the chips were down. The good teams who are in the top 4 at the end of the season are the ones who have senior leaders who step up when their teams down and show the rest of the team how to play by their actions. We have too many passengers.
The Bulldogs outplayed us in every area, credit to them. I think they'll finish a lot higher than predicted, and I also think the posters on here who were predicting a landslide victory for us should just have a little holiday off here because you just embarrassed yourself.
Not for me.
Never trust a Swede.
I think we nearly matched them at the inside and contested game, but they completely killed our run.
And their pressure cooked our confidence.
And if you can't take from that game that Rance is AA level awesome, then I'm calling shenanigans.

So yeah good thing I missed the game today?

Still I'm surprised when I heard it was only 3 goals considering some of the venom here.

But alas that is the way of the Tiger fan
#sackHardwick
#assasinateMorris
#burndownPuntroad

Well its not all doom and gloom - we do have 5 first round draft selections not in the team so we can make changes. However soem players seem to have

Conca, Lennon, Ellis, Deledio, Vickery - plus Knights, Edwards, Astbury

So lets go through a few of our players today:

Petterd - do not play this guy ever again how many times can he butcher a footy and still find himself in the ones
Morris - just not an AFL player - back pocket plumber or nothing
Chaplin - wow wee. This guy has the entire coaching staff fooled. He should be charged with fraud for impersonating an AFL footballer. Astbury not Chaplin.
Newman - too old and all his fundemental errors, that have limited him to being nothing more than a foot soldier, still emerge constantly
Houli - is younger version of Newman - a fundamentally flawed footballer who cannot handle pressure

Chaplin & Houli in particular have become too comfortable with their positions in the team

Maric - was poor today. Insipid actually.
Cotchin - I am no longer drinking the Cotchin Coolade - this guy has A+ talent with, B grade output

Changes for next week if possible:

Out: Petterd, Chaplin, Newman, Houli, Lambert, Gordon
In: Deledio, Astbury, Conca, Lennon, Edwards, Knights

P.S. Dimma - please can we kick the footy more, just a little, please

What message does it send to the club and supporters when a coach drops his captain. Come on mate.
That mediocrity is not accepted at this club, whether you are a captain or a regular player.

Not that I want him to be dropped, but I don't think you should be in the side if you do not perform just because you are captain.

Yeah Tory Dickson is trash.

Went to the game, my thoughts.

They scragged us all day long whenever we were near it. It was ****ed. The free kick count should've been doubled. Every time they were behind in a marking contest they pushed us out of it in the back. Was poor.

In saying that, our skills were deplorable. Haven't seen the final stats but would assume we won most categories except contested ball. Probably had more inside 50's but just wasted them every chance we got.

I lost count of the amount of times we handballed to a guy under pressure with the tackler bearing down on them. Cost us probably 4 or 5 goals.

Funnily enough we would've won if we'd converted a couple more set shots. Bulldogs are trash and we made them look decent.

Goodbye Lambert. No idea why he got a gig over McDonough especially as we played him up forward most of the game. Or Knights who probably would've converted both his set shots. Was frustrating to say the least.

Houli was ****ing disgraceful. I've been a supporter of his. But his disposal was so poor. Make him earn his spot back.

Dusty and Cotch were good. But Rance was on another level. Fantastic game. BOG by a mile. Just upped his price by $100 thousand.

And I think we've found a player in McIntosh.

All in all, a pretty poor performance against a team we should've belted. We just looked soft and couldn't score when we got it inside 50, and when we turned it over (which was often, and not because of the Dogs' pressure), they hurt us going bacl (not to mention a few lucky bounces that resulted in goals).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 2: Richmond V Western Bulldogs @ MCG - Saturday 1:45pm, 11/04/15

Back