Autopsy Round 20, 2022: Hawthorn leave it late against the Aints

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the talk that we should be looking in the state leagues for a potential fifth ruckman - getting a somewhat capable tall forward to draw fire for Lewis and stop him being double teamed is what we need from the state leagues.
Even though probably not ready, I would play Ramsden a couple of games before the end of the year. Will give him a massive boost going into pre season. He will show more than Kosi will.

Terrible start. Left it too late. What is more frustrating are Saints are not serious flag contenders this year. Can’t let sides like that get away for three quarters. Positive is it wasn’t a total drubbing.
This is why we are where we are.

Saints are the level above where we currently sit.

People can post here they are rubbish but they had us comfortably for 3qtrs and could afford a crap last term and still win the chocolates.

Yep, we are a younger team, and the potential for improvement is there, but there’s a bigger gap between 13th and 8th than some are willing to acknowledge.

At least least Sam tried something with Scrimshaw because for some reason his disposal has been poor the last month.

It was a shocking performance.

7 long bombs in a row to nowhere from a kick-in in the first half is mind boggling - that's a coaching issue.

When the pressure is on we stink

Nash cannot kick - he won't have his contract renewed unless it gets better

C.Mac and Moore our only 2 players that could say they tuned up in the first half

Last qtr junk means nothing

At least least Sam tried something with Scrimshaw because for some reason his disposal has been poor the last month.

7 long bombs in a row to nowhere from a kick-in in the first half is mind boggling - that's a coaching issue.

C.Mac and Moore our only 2 players that could say they tuned up in the first half

Nash had 91% DE and 2 turnovers for the game! FFS I understand being critical but let's not just talk shit for the sake of it.

Nash went at 90 percent DE and actually was one of our only players to hit a target going inside 50 in the first half. It's a pretty low ****ing bar but he was the only one to reach it.
Really weird call.

Thought Moore had a mare in the first half. Worked into the game in the second.

Poor call on Nash, was one our best in the 1st half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to all the measured and intellectual posts about how professional the commentary was. And how umpiring is a difficult job and never affects the final outcome.

Hindsight..think now that Sam and selection committee had a ‘mare on Thursday night.
The one thing the last few weeks showed was 2 rucks worked. Going in v Marshall (who must check draw for Hawk games every year) with only Big Boy was bewildering. Lynch had to play if fit. Used the 2 key fwds as back up and both get injured 😬 Terrible game plan.
Sam redeemed himself somewhat with some great position changes that were revealing and opened up future possibilities.
Big tick for the young team members leading the comeback.
Great fight back but gee, that first half..🤮

Well that was a change. Often we've been competitive for three quarters and shit for one! Today however ...

Don't be fooled by the last quarter. Our general play was as equally bad as the umpire's umpiring. Overall, our disposal was deplorable & decision making horrid. Disposal numbers mean nothing if they're largely ineffective. Hopefully the composure comes with experience.

Lewis has been playing injured & still has a lot to learn. I hope it's not too bad, but doubt we'll see him again this year. Kosi's not the answer ... anywhere! We desperately need another second tall forward. Was most spewing about Tank getting injured, was really enjoying watching him grow as a player. Looking forward to the off season. There's always optimism there!

So now both the umpires and commentators are biased and have an anti hawks mantra? Woe is me.

Reading must be a challenge for you, because your comprehension is toddler-level. But you're obviously an Olypmic-standard equestrian because you look positively dainty up there on your high horse. Clip clop, clip clop. Giddy-up!

That first half was shocking viewing - both sides were on struggle street

The crowd was popping off in the last quarter - was great fun seeing Duke and Scrim cause havoc inside 50 lol

I was in medallion and it was clear a lot of newbies. You know when they give shit game tickets no clients want. Had some good banter

Well that was a change. Often we've been competitive for three quarters and s**t for one! Today however ...

Don't be fooled by the last quarter. Our general play was as equally bad as the umpire's umpiring. Overall, our disposal was deplorable & decision making horrid. Disposal numbers mean nothing if they're largely ineffective. Hopefully the composure comes with experience.

Lewis has been playing injured & still has a lot to learn. I hope it's not too bad, but doubt we'll see him again this year. Kosi's not the answer ... anywhere! We desperately need another second tall forward. Was most spewing about Tank getting injured, was really enjoying watching him grow as a player. Looking forward to the off season. There's always optimism there!
My prediction was hawks one good quarter v the saints one good quarter..

I was having Waverley 1997 flashbacks. Which also made me think. There was a palpable chill in marvel tonight. Why doesnt it get Called ‘arctic park’

Feel like this is very stiff on Nash given we had approximately no movement forward of the ball.
Maybe. But he has zero football IQ. He is a big body that shields our kids from the rough stuff. We need that right now but he is a short term option. If we track like we hope we are, we will move past his limited ability in the next year or so.

Nash gets his own ball and distributes more effectively than our Brownlow medalist.
Full credit to Finn, He kept Sinclair under control in the first half then had 15 touches himself in the second half when moved into the middle.

It's an indictment of Tom Mitchell that these two inexperienced players are outdoing him in effort and intensity, and despite questionable disposal from both at times, I'd prefer the ball in their hands than Mitchell's. He needs to be moved on, I simply don't see the value in keeping him.

Worpel's growth has been stunted by the presence of Mitchell, so we've effectively been down two midfielders.

Mitchell needs to go. Pick 88.

I just had gutfull of two saints supporters talking about the umpiring relentlessly for 40 minutes. I hope this place doesnt descend into the same shit. So sad for morris was outstanding for us was having a great game. Finn's best game really impressed with the way he was going about it. Played well especially after switching to the middle of the ground. Played on Crouch and he and newk were the impetus. Newk tagged but worked his way into the game. Scrimshaw the same i thought he was having a shocker defensively and disposal wise till moved forward.

You can see the physical immaturity of our young blokes against the more seasoned st kilda team. Cmac and ward gonna be something

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2022: Hawthorn leave it late against the Aints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back