Game Day Round 20 - Ess v WCE - 11/8 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an idea for all the eagles supporters going to the game, instead off booing Watson, because we all know we will be drowned out by the #standbywatson drones who will cheer for him for picking his bum, we should cheer for Zaharakis. It will send a clear message and it will confuse the drones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have an idea for all the eagles supporters going to the game, instead off booing Watson, because we all know we will be drowned out by the #standbywatson drones who will cheer for him for picking his bum, we should cheer for Zaharakis. It will send a clear message and it will confuse the drones.
Brave 2nd post

Can anyone explain why Sheppard is the sub? For a "mid" he generally doesn't get much of the ball anyway. What's the point in bringing him on late in the 4th to gather 2 disposals? How is he even going to improve on that?

We have two good impact players who have done well in the sub role, Morton and Embley. Both have been dropped for Sheppard to play the sub role, it literally makes no sense.

Can anyone explain why Sheppard is the sub? For a "mid" he generally doesn't get much of the ball anyway. What's the point in bringing him on late in the 4th to gather 2 disposals? How is he even going to improve on that?

We have two good impact players who have done well in the sub role, Morton and Embley. Both have been dropped for Sheppard to play the sub role, it literally makes no sense.
I really don't think we have ever used the sub role as a strategy.. basically I feel the club sees it as the player we want in the 22, but need the least on the day :rolleyes: Look at Tutt yesterday, had reasonable impact off the green vest against Carlton

Haven't you sort of answered your own question there? He doesn't get enough of it so no point in playing him the whole game. Why would you put a ball magnet as the sub. He can have more of an effect when others are tiring and use his speed.

Embley is finished. Morton is ok but think they prefer Sheppard for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 20 - Ess v WCE - 11/8 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back