Prediction Round 8, 2024: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whipping boys aren’t hard to find.

In fact, there is a whole queue of them.

There are always line ups of whipping boys in good teams let alone poor ones.
People around me used to lay into waterman and Petch, and ignored anytime they did something good. Hopefully they're quieter this year

Shows what a total waste it was to play Sheed last week and not Johnston.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sheed out is genuinely shocking. On form an obvious call but this is a huge shift, it's bigger than Gaff.

Maybe the pin dropped earlier for Simpson but without the cattle he hasn't been able to do it. There's finally availability and he's done it.

For me anyway, it's a massive confidence builder in the club's direction.

And if/when he does come back, he cannot play as the sub, completely pointless.

I came here to say pretty much this, the changes this season have been very reassuring

Begs the question if Nisbett had any influence

Would love to know why that doesn't warrant a feature in the injury update from Tuesday
They likely hoped he'd come up to play as he has done previously (you don't tell the oppo you're sore).
They seem to made the call after the medical report so that's why he wasn't on it.
not really a mystery.

It's bloody good to finally get back some selection integrity. Burgiel and Hall hopefully can keep witho and l.edwards honest this week. Gonna miss Hunty

These are the changes I’ve been hoping for (minus Hunts injury), however I would have liked them to have given Trew a game as an inside mid last week while Harley was out.
Having said that, let’s hope we continue to back the youth whenever possible. Looking forward to seeing how Harvey goes. :)

You're just a miserable bugger.

It must be killing you that Waterman is playing well.
Bet you're just waiting for him to fail.

Why? Good on him.. he is playing well.

Am I wrong in what I’ve previously said ? No… he is still darn lucky to still be on a list bit finally he is taking his chances… he has strung a good month together …

It obviously kill’s you though enough to care what I think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I wrong in what I’ve previously said ? No… he is still darn lucky to still be on a list bit finally he is taking his chances… he has strung a good month together …

Lucky to be on a list in the sense that he could have lost his career due to illness, absolutely.

Lucky to be on a list in the sense that he’s two off the Coleman, less so.

Most on here would be happy Johnston's getting a game, but you managed to find the negative side of it as you do with most of your posts.

Pretty happy with these changes.

It's not ideal having Hunt miss but with a healthy-ish list it's also good that he isn't being forced to play through injury and can actually get rested and get it all sorted. It also gives us a chance to check out some new players, maybe in different roles or maybe just in AFL instead of WAFL.

Wouldn't be opposed to other youngsters getting a week off like Harley did throughout the year if we have a healthy list, purely from the point of view of blooding new guys or moving players around to cover the rested player and see where their strengths lie.

The 'HFF/Wing/Rotation on-ball' sort of players can be rotated around with relative ease. Chesser, Petruccelle, Johnston, Ginbey, Hunt, JJ, Long, Brockman, LEdwards are all multi-role to a certain degree.

These types of players could move around to cover whoever is rested, like Petruccelle getting more midfield minutes as an example and someone else taking the HFF spot.

Most on here would be happy Johnston's getting a game, but you managed to find the negative side of it as you do with most of your posts.

It’s a positive Sheeds not getting a game. The game is clearly gone past him.

Does it really bother you so much what I think? Get a life .

Lucky to be on a list in the sense that he could have lost his career due to illness, absolutely.

Lucky to be on a list in the sense that he’s two off the Coleman, less so.

Before this year he would not have lasted on another clubs list as long as he has….
I’m sure now he will get a cushy multi year deal… good on him…

Before this year he would not have lasted on another clubs list as long as he has….
I’m sure now he will get a cushy multi year deal… good on him…

Aside from the fact he got a 'cushy' multi-year deal last year because other clubs were chasing him...

Waterman has been fantastic, his marking has been elite over the past maonth. lets hope he keeps playing the same over the full year, we will see what happens when the bad weather comes in to play.

The winner appears to be team consistency and rewarding Wafl form, although it's not a given, there's still an element of team balance and 'horses for courses' or match ups at play...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back