Preview Round 20 - Essendon VS St Kilda - Marvel - Saturday 27/7/24 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think this is the strongest side we've fielded all year. Structure makes the most sense.

But still, no idea how the **** Perkins is still in.
You must be taking the micky
Old man heppell
Severely out of form wright
Underdone parish
Menzie and Perkins somehow continuing to stay in the side despite offering nothing.
Zero pressure small forwards with speed
Stringer out of form.

once all the story’s broke about how hard it was for Scott to drop Hep. I knew he was coming straight back in

Where’s Hobbs? Give Roberts a crack. 8 year plan my ass

Parish off zero minutes in the VFL is either going to be a master stroke or blow up in our face. Real lack of pace again with Hep and Wright coming in.

Perkins undroppable and Menzie must be a coaches favourite.

Hobbs will ask for a trade at seasons end.

You must be taking the micky
Old man heppell
Severely out of form wright
Underdone parish
Menzie and Perkins somehow continuing to stay in the side despite offering nothing.
Zero pressure small forwards with speed
Stringer out of form.

I'll address your points 1 by 1:

• Heppell is the only logical replacement for an injured Kelly, who lets be honest, is not that much better than Heppell.
  • The severely out of form Wright is a large upgrade on Goldstein from both a structural perspective and an output perspective.
  • Underone Parish is just you making things up, there's no way for you to know he's underdone unless you are apart of the Essendon medical team.
  • Menzie and Perkins... I can't defend Perkins being in. That's my only criticism. Menzie has shown a lot more flexibility than all the other small forwards on our list.
  • "Zero pressure small forwards with speed" - could you point me to an AFL level one on our list? We don't have one.
  • Stringer out of form... ok and you really think 2 bad games warrants him being in the VFL and replaced with who?
It seems like your complaints are more about our list being shit than the actual team selected.

• Heppell is the only logical replacement for an injured Kelly, who lets be honest, is not that much better than Heppell.
  • The severely out of form Wright is a large upgrade on Goldstein from both a structural perspective and an output perspective.
  • Underone Parish is just you making things up, there's no way for you to know he's underdone unless you are apart of the Essendon medical team.
  • Menzie and Perkins... I can't defend Perkins being in. That's my only criticism. Menzie has shown a lot more flexibility than all the other small forwards on our list.
  • "Zero pressure small forwards with speed" - could you point me to an AFL level one on our list? We don't have one.
  • Stringer out of form... ok and you really think 2 bad games warrants him being in the VFL and replaced with who?
It seems like your complaints are more about our list being shit than the actual team selected.
How is heppell the logical replacement for Kelly? The heppell play as a lockdown defender on a dangerous opposition forward? No he just takes up space in the backline
No im not making it up, he hasn’t played afl in nearly 3 months, and you’re coming back in to play as an onballer - you’ll be underdone. It was good enough for Ridley come back through the vfl yet parish comes straight back in, even though he’s done his calf 3 times in 5 months. I guarantee he’d be playing vfl if we’d won 1-2 more in the past month.
Menzie showed Friday night that he just isn’t at the level at the moment, just isn’t good enough and butchers chances to score.
Play Davey, give his brother a crack, heck I know he’s not fast but I’d rather see Hobbs in the front half over Menzie at least he’ll provide contest. Hind has pace and has had far more impact in the forward half that Menzie this year. Can’t wait for his 10 touches at 30% efficient and 0 tackles.Did I say stringer should be dropped? No I said he’s been out of form.
does the team look strong on paper yes? apart from the forward half structure being the worst in the entire league. Is that the reality of how many in the team are preforming right now, no.

Last edited:
Well you can’t be on both if it’s percentages of kicks that lead to scores
I want to know what inside mids are on either list of best and worst kicks inside 50
Haven’t seen the list but interested to know how many inside mids are in both the worst and best kicks inside 50 list.
As suspected the worst inside 50 list has a plethora of inside mids who are required to trap and slap. The best is more flankers and wingers

Heppell isn't a logical replacement for anyone, especially someone just as poor as he is these days.
Wright doesn't need to play with Cox and Jones there
No argument on Parish
Menzie is shit, Perkins needs to find his feet in the VFL as there are many players who can easily play his position
Agree, our forward pressure is non-existent.
Stringer hasn't hit form for 6 weeks, last week he was actually a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back