Preview Round 20 - Essendon VS St Kilda - Marvel - Saturday 27/7/24 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out Caldwell

Out Goldy:

Would like to see Draper ruck solo with support from Cox which would also remove Cox from our wing rotation.

Out Menzie:

Too slow for the role he's playing.

Out Perkins:

Been done to death but he's clearly devoid of confidence.

Not sure on who the ins should be.

I remain a Hind fan. Would love to give Roberts a go. Hobbs is due another shot. Outside his body failing him Setterfield has been genuinely excellent for us. Hard to say Heppell's leadership isn't having some sort of positive impact given the amount of panic handballs there was in his absence on Friday.

Out Caldwell

Out Goldy:

Would like to see Draper ruck solo with support from Cox which would also remove Cox from our wing rotation.

Out Menzie:

Too slow for the role he's playing.

Out Perkins:

Been done to death but he's clearly devoid of confidence.

Not sure on who the ins should be.

I remain a Hind fan. Would love to give Roberts a go. Hobbs is due another shot. Outside his body failing him Setterfield has been genuinely excellent for us. Hard to say Heppell's leadership isn't having some sort of positive impact given the amount of panic handballs there was in his absence on Friday.
as it stands caldwell passed the concussion test but i think we'll do another one mid week.

Think I said it before but

Out Kelly, in Hayes
Out Menzie in Hobbs
Out Perkins/Stringer in Setterfield
Out Goldy in Wright
Out Guelfi in Roberts

Why are we dropping Guelfi after one bad game?

We also used intel from 5 years and had him dragging Brodie Smith back to the goal square as one of the stupidest forward tags I’ve seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: those out of form, panic, can't tackle or pressure opponents and cannot kick for ****
Caldwell (concussion protocols), Perkins, Menzie, The Guelf, Lav, Goldy, Kelly

IN: those that deserve a crack, have some heart or should be recalled
2MP, Hobbsy, Roberts (to debut), J.Davey, Tsatas, Hind, Setters (SUB)

OUT: those out of form, panic, can't tackle or pressure opponents and cannot kick for ****
Caldwell (concussion protocols), Perkins, Menzie, The Guelf, Lav, Goldy, Kelly

IN: those that deserve a crack, have some heart or should be recalled
2MP, Hobbsy, Roberts (to debut), J.Davey, Tsatas, Hind, Setters (SUB)

Caldwell passed his concussion test. Was just too late so they made the sub anyway

Whether he misses with rib pain is another issue, Keays was interviewed after the game and said he spoke to Caldwell and he told Keays it was his ribs that were sore from that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m hoping Brad makes a few changes…
Need pace against Saints - bring in Hind and Davey - Hind plays back, Martin forward
Cox & Jones to rotate wing/CHF
2MP & Draper rotate ruck only - neither as a key forward...
Stringer SUB - needs a rocket

OUT: Menzie, Guelfi, Perkins, Goldy
IN: Hind, Davey, Hobbs, 2MP

Redman McKay Kelly
Ridley Lav McGrath
Cox Caldwell Duursma
Martin Jones Gresham
Langford Caddy Davey

2MP Durham Merrett

Bench: Shiel Hobbs Hind Draper
SUB: Stringer

For the love of god if I don't see someone put some physicality into Merrett's tagger I'm gonna have an aneurysm.

I thought Setterfield was good at doing the blocking stuff? I think we benefit from someone like him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back