Preview Round 20 The Sydney Swans vs. The Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

He played and ripped it up apparently but then sustained a corkie of some kind.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100059/default.aspx

Shaw looks like he is not in danger of being dropped for this week after tagging Clint Young quite effectively.

He is lucky IMO, been getting away with some very poor play recently.
His disposal off halfback has been getting worse this year. Might be worth switching him into the forwards again, give him a defensive forward role, then use his pace on the lead with plenty of room. He really is a bit rudderless down back without the calming influence of Bolts...

Doubt he'll grow that much more in height.

Im 195cm and stopped at that at 16 lol. I think he'll pause on 189cm, though will be still a handy forward none the less.
Off Topic:

Bloody Hell that's tall, I'm 183ish and 13 and I dwarf my grade!

On Topic:

I think because it's Subi we may have to drop Moore and hopefully bring in Gazza and if Smith is fit bring him in for Bevo.

It wouuld be good if Smith could go to Hill and do a Brady Rawlings on him!

I hate to mix metaphors, but horses for courses I reckon. I'm probably Moore's biggest fan round here, but even I can see that he might struggle on the big ground that is subi. Still, if they played him I wouldn't be sad.

Power steering and a turbo would not do the lumpy lad any harm db swinnie.:thumbsu:

I am not sure about Rohan as a KPP. Will have the height, but I fear too much bulk which would be required for a KPP would duely slow Rohans down - his greatest asset.

I like him in the forward line though. He is an absolute utility and he WILL swing matches for us in due course.

I'd really like to see Smith and Rohan in the side but I honestly can't find a player to drop. Shaw and Mattner haven't been the best in the past few weeks but we definitely need their run and carry on a bigger ground like Subiaco. Maybe Bevan could make way for Smith but we all know Roosy's love for Bevan so it could up being no change.

hey guys.. does anyone know when they are flying out to perth. and when and where they are traning? i am an avid fan in perth wanting there autographs? lol

They fly out tomorrow and are training on Thursday. Not sure of times though.

cool cool thanks... if u find out what time at all could you let me know i dont know who else to contact about it lol

cool cool thanks... if u find out what time at all could you let me know i dont know who else to contact about it lol

Send an email to the club telling them who you are and would like the chance to watch your side train. If Roos has a planned closed session well sorry life's going to be a bugger but if it's relaxed than they might be happy to tell you when and where.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Swans Facebook page:

Attention Swans fans in Perth! The team will hold an open training session at Subiaco Oval on Thursday from 2pm (WST). Read the full story on sydneyswans.com.au

of interest...

LINK
Aaron Sandilands still in doubt for Fremantle Dockers

FREMANTLE ruckman Aaron Sandilands is far from certain to prove his fitness ahead of Saturday's crucial AFL clash with Sydney at Subiaco Oval.

Sandilands missed last week's 54-point loss to North Melbourne with a foot injury and Dockers coach Mark Harvey said he was unsure whether the 211cm giant would be fit to face the Swans.

LINK

He also played forward during his junior career, including being named in the All Australian U/18's at HF. Too short? He's 19 and will be pushing into the 190+cm's in a few years. He's already 189/90? Some of the best CHF have been around that mark. He might not have the build/weight as some of the greats yet but the height is no issue. He's a late bloomer and you can expect him to build up and strengthen. Athleticism, the ability to win a game and turn it on it's head - yes.

I personally think a defensive role is not the best option. We'll soon find out I guess. Well hopefully anyway. I'm not keen on a utility position.

Im not keen on gary being a utility throughout his career either, he certainly should settle in one position, my point is rather that we dont know which position he suits best or will play his best footy. It may well be CHF, though more likely hf but we should keep an open mind and try him in some other positions where he could be very good.

I guess my other point was that if shaw is out of form and there is a spot in the back line, for the short term i would rather him in the team playing back in the AFL than playing forward in canberra.

Freo inflicted our only loss at the SCG this year in round 9. Kennelly and Bradshaw both got hurt in that game. They were on a roll while we were in a slump. Time to exact some revenge, I say.
Pav destroyed us back then. He doesn't look capable of doing that at the moment. I assume he is carrying an injury, but I haven't heard what it might be. Rumour has it that Sandilands has a stress fracture - if thats the case he is gone and I need to trade him out of my fantasy teams immediately. I hope ROK tags Hill and has a field day like Rawlings did last week.

Rumour has it that Sandilands has a stress fracture

FYI, that one's been refuted. Doesn't mean he'll definitely play this weekend however.

Last weekend it wasn't the ruck that made the difference (we won the clearances actually), but if we play like Rnd19 even West Coast would beat us.

Freo not as daunting as early in the year - and Sandilands out. I feel great pity for Aaron - not because of his injury - but because of his surname.

Prediction
Swans will be 40 point better team = 40+
Allowance: Minus 5 goals for umpiring fraud = net 10+.
Clawback: Plus 2 goals - Freo is not Victorian = 22+.
Jetta to star in wide open spaces - plus 2 goals = 34+.
Umpires appreciate importance of percentage - minus 4 goals = 10+.

Swans to win by 10.

swans by

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 20 The Sydney Swans vs. The Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back