Preview Round 20 The Sydney Swans vs. The Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Moore is highly suspect on the big grounds due to a lack of tank. He tends to only be able to compete for about a quarter and then drops off. His player starts to run off him and the problem compounds throughout the team. Although I am a Moore fan, I don't think we can afford to have him in the side for this game.

Against Melbourne his opponent constantly ran off him and hurt us going the other way (though he was not the only Demon to do that). Could be a strategic out. He did it once with Nick Davis. Not fast or mobile enough to play a proper game on the huge Subi Oval so he got dropped for a week.

Against Melbourne his opponent constantly ran off him and hurt us going the other way (though he was not the only Demon to do that). Could be a strategic out. He did it once with Nick Davis. Not fast or mobile enough to play a proper game on the huge Subi Oval so he got dropped for a week.

exactly, i'd bring in Gazza Rohan especially for this ground, with the likes of Jetstar, Hanners, etc, to run in the mid

But we all know Roosy would give Moore a lit more leeway than he did Nick Davis (deservedly or not).

Rohan.... no one really knows what his best position in AFL will be.

I do! CHF. Forget all the defensive stuff. Yeah he can take strong marks, has a great leap, desperation etc. His natural instincts are to score goals and every time he has had decent game time up forward he has shown that. One day Horse will play the kid forward for a whole game for a few weeks in a row and we will all see how devastating he is going to be. He leads well, is super quick, has great pressure and awareness and is a pretty good kick. He's too dynamic to be kept up back. If the Ressies mids were any better last week and Gaz didn't cop a knock he would have kicked 10+. Anytime they've left him up forward he kicks goals, and good ones. At the moment he's floating around filling some gaps. Give him a few years, his body will strengthen and his skills will improve and everyone will know who the Rooster is.

In saying that I think he's still getting over a few injuries and Roos won't drop a player for him this week. Plenty of good times ahead to look forward too.

I do! CHF. Forget all the defensive stuff. Yeah he can take strong marks, has a great leap, desperation etc. His natural instincts are to score goals and every time he has had decent game time up forward he has shown that. One day Horse will play the kid forward for a whole game for a few weeks in a row and we will all see how devastating he is going to be. He leads well, is super quick, has great pressure and awareness and is a pretty good kick. He's too dynamic to be kept up back. If the Ressies mids were any better last week and Gaz didn't cop a knock he would have kicked 10+. Anytime they've left him up forward he kicks goals, and good ones. At the moment he's floating around filling some gaps. Give him a few years, his body will strengthen and his skills will improve and everyone will know who the Rooster is.

In saying that I think he's still getting over a few injuries and Roos won't drop a player for him this week. Plenty of good times ahead to look forward too.

im not absolutely sure, he is a bit short to be a true CHF and though i agree with you that it is entirely possible he turns into a gun running forward there is also the potential for him to develop into a brendan goddard life running defender (he played full back during his junior career) or even an adam goodes like tall midfielder.

I honestly dont think its settled yet, what we do know is that he is a super talent and has oodles of potential but where that talent and potential do best on an AFL ground remains to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh all you Jared Moore haters make me laugh. If he had sandy hair with tips in it and a sexy bum there'd be OMG's going left right and centre.

I agree that he may be better off left out of the side this week, but he is a very valuable player for us at the SCG. Very hard at the ball, was very good last week, and IF we get a final (especially at the SCG) he is exactly the type of player we need, ie hard at the ball, fierce in the contests. Maybe he should get a blonde rinse in his hair as well, just for popularity's sake.

im not absolutely sure, he is a bit short to be a true CHF and though i agree with you that it is entirely possible he turns into a gun running forward there is also the potential for him to develop into a brendan goddard life running defender (he played full back during his junior career) or even an adam goodes like tall midfielder.

I honestly dont think its settled yet, what we do know is that he is a super talent and has oodles of potential but where that talent and potential do best on an AFL ground remains to be seen.

He also played forward during his junior career, including being named in the All Australian U/18's at HF. Too short? He's 19 and will be pushing into the 190+cm's in a few years. He's already 189/90? Some of the best CHF have been around that mark. He might not have the build/weight as some of the greats yet but the height is no issue. He's a late bloomer and you can expect him to build up and strengthen. Athleticism, the ability to win a game and turn it on it's head - yes.

I personally think a defensive role is not the best option. We'll soon find out I guess. Well hopefully anyway. I'm not keen on a utility position.

He also played forward during his junior career, including being named in the All Australian U/18's at HF. Too short? He's 19 and will be pushing into the 190+cm's in a few years. He's already 189/90? Some of the best CHF have been around that mark. He might not have the build/weight as some of the greats yet but the height is no issue. He's a late bloomer and you can expect him to build up and strengthen. Athleticism, the ability to win a game and turn it on it's head - yes.

I personally think a defensive role is not the best option. We'll soon find out I guess. Well hopefully anyway. I'm not keen on a utility position.

Care to name a few decents 189/190cm CHF's? :p HF's yes, CHF... No :p

Care to name a few decents 189/190cm CHF's? :p HF's yes, CHF... No :p

That comment was more in relation to him growing and being around 192/193. Reiwoldt is about 193cm. Pav is 192cm. And I'm not saying he should be playing there right now, HF yes. The reality is he is young, he will get bigger.

Rohan has grown 5cm and put on 6kg in just six months living in Sydney, taking his growth spurt in the past 18 months to over 10cm.

"I was a light frame and now I can do more body work and physical contact," Rohan said.

"I still have my speed which is my main thing."

Swans coach Paul Roos said he was stunned at how much Rohan had grown in his short time at the club.

"He's a big kid. He really has put some size on. He has bulked up a bit. He doesn't look like a rookie type player," Roos said.

"You don't want to throw them in when they're physically not ready ... as a kid now he looks more like a man and a bloke who is ready to play."

True, yep. Ya gotta stop some time! I think his weight is the disadvantage at the moment with regards to mixing it in those positions. He's been easily bumped off the ball in a few contests, most notably against the Dogs. He'll get there! Back to the game - apologies for getting too far off topic!

Isn't Rohan still injured? Saw him walking around the sidelines at the game on Saturday and he was grimacing as he went down the steps of the tunnel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 20 The Sydney Swans vs. The Fremantle Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back