Preview Round 20 - This Weeks Opponents in History

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
So far there is a distinct lack of youtube clips for this week. I may rectify that later on in the week

But we play Richmond this week, a team who we appear to have the wood over

Played: 35
Won: 21
Lost: 14
Win %: 60%

[YOUTUBE]zfwOLpdk-EA[/YOUTUBE]
Very close game from 05. Richmond played out of their strength

[YOUTUBE]e_r5HrIG2F4[/YOUTUBE]
Perhaps the best game in the clubs history. Our first game

[YOUTUBE]J1RNLbxGHXc[/YOUTUBE]
Naitanui made his debut against the tigers back in 09

[YOUTUBE]mwqlZ7EVJ8o[/YOUTUBE]
Our best game from 09. Swift and Lecras were awesome in this game

[YOUTUBE]fkpTadbcxNI[/YOUTUBE]
Another dominant game against the tigers, and Lecras showed plenty when we beat them by like 80 odd points

Anyone have any great memories with regards to games against the tigers. Dosnt appear to be too many

Best Richmond memory was destroying them in Round 22 of 2006. Left me knowing that if we made the Grand Final, we would win it.

That game was awesome, remember we kicked a goal, then straight after that in the bounce, Cox to Judd from about 50 bombing a goal, was like...wow

LeCras kicked 2 on debut Vs Port in '05. We won by 20 goals that day.

Awesome work happy, but the vid of our debut game, it says that's round 14...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting to see Swift in the middle at the bounce in that video from 2009. Looked pretty good, but his disposal was a little messy.

Actually I may have been wrong in saying it was our first game
All i saw was Richmond, Eagles 1987 so i figured it must have been our first game
But did we play them twice that year ?
Yeah we did play them twice, that's definitely our 2nd game against the Tigers in 87.

It was interesting to see Swift in the middle at the bounce in that video from 2009. Looked pretty good, but his disposal was a little messy.
Swift was a lot better than pretty good in that game.

I was at the game at the end of 2009 and at the end of the game I thought we would be pushing for top 8 the next year. :(
Judging by this year though, it looks like 2009 wasnt a complete waste
We had showed improvements in 09 which suggested we could have been top 8 in 2010, then further on in 2011
Now we hit a road block in 2010, but we are travelling nicely in the long run

The interesting thing I noticed about Swift in that game, was his speed. I mean a couple times, he seemed so quick and just burnt off Richmond players. Either richmond players were really slow back then or Swifty did something between now and then that affected that speed :S

If he could go back to those Judd-like bursts from packs, he could have that extra 2-3seconds to dispose of the ball properly and could become a very very decent player :thumbsu:

Actually I may have been wrong in saying it was our first game
All i saw was Richmond, Eagles 1987 so i figured it must have been our first game
But did we play them twice that year ?

Yeah that's what I suspected (and confirmed by Ochre), cause the video ends when we're 3 points down which I thought was odd. Oh well, no big deal. :thumbsu:

2011 looks like what we hoped 2010 would be after that end to 09

I think it's more like we totally skipped a step. From 11th, I expected top eight next year, and top 4 the year after. We went to a spoon and then continued our rise as though 2010 never happened.

Having said that, I think the improvement we've seen in 2011 has come from different areas than we expected it to in 2010, Swift is one example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back