Preview Round 20 - This Weeks Opponents in History

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a soft spot for the Tiges, mostly coz they haven't really posed any sort of threat to us over the course of our 25 year history. :) However, on the two occassions that I have been able to get to games against Tigers they have belted us on each occasion (one of the late rounds in 2001 when they won by 10+ goals and guaranteed a spot in the finals.... and last year at the 'G). Horrible stuff. Will think long and hard about watching them against the Eagles live... and will do it anyway!

Here's a video. :)

[youtube]AVo79kHmhoM[/youtube]

Don't think we will see a repeat of this sadly. Maybe in reverse (West Coast flogging Richmond). Your transformation this year has been amazing.

He did have a day out! Lets hope for our sake he doesn't on Sunday.

I counted:

4 vs Eric Mckensie (Including first 3 goals of game and 4 in first Quarter)
4 vs Schofield (including 1 soft free kick)
1 vs Embly (Possibly Schofield was meant to be on him)
1 vs ? didgy free in ball up (hold)

For some reason we didn't have a third man up at all during that clip. Maybe John was told Eric and Will that they had to do it on their own?

So yes, Glass would have been nice.

My memories of Richmond clashes is generally Richo kicking 4 or 5 when the Tigers won and having a disaster/cry when they didn't.

Peter Wilson probably the best Eagle to come from the Tigers. Mark Meranda also limped to us from Richmond. Anyone else?

[YOUTUBE]e_r5HrIG2F4[/YOUTUBE]
Perhaps the best game in the clubs history. Our first game

That was actually the Round 14 game at the G. We lost eventually 9.19 to 9.15.

The first game was at Subi and we came from 33 points down at 3/4 time to win by 14, which remains one of the finest quarters in our clubs history IMO.

Phil Narkle got the Brownlow votes but god knows how, Maurice Rioli had 37 possessions (in a much lower possession era) and was outstanding but oddly got no votes in the medal.

I was at the game with my mate and my then girlfriend, who recently turned 42 :eek: .... **** I'm old ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 20 - This Weeks Opponents in History

Remove this Banner Ad

Back