Autopsy Round 21, 2018: Essendon v St.Kilda *Ross' 100th*

Remove this Banner Ad

(The question remains why he hasn't been getting a game the rest of the year.)
I've wondered that several times this season...…...he just completely vanished off the radar...…..I thought "he's not that bad is he"

It's over 2 years since he last played a game...Queens Birthday weekend 2016.

Given the monumental debate All season with Hickey V Longer...…..makes you wonder why he hadn't been tried until it became absolutely essential.

So hang on right, Ben Patton was selected this week after being emergency 10 times was it. Has dominated across half back and in the midfield. Probably break down has been 60 Per cent inside mid 30 per cent Half back and 10 per cent forward so Richo decides to play him as a forward the whole game. This sums up everything that is wrong with our development and why none of our young kids flourish early. FMD give the kid a chance to succeed. It defied any logic.

I was so angry, the sad thing is he did the same thing with Hunter Clark.

THIS THIS THIS ^^^

F*** THIS COACH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So hang on right, Ben Patton was selected this week after being emergency 10 times was it. Has dominated across half back and in the midfield. Probably break down has been 60 Per cent inside mid 30 per cent Half back and 10 per cent forward so Richo decides to play him as a forward the whole game. This sums up everything that is wrong with our development and why none of our young kids flourish early. FMD give the kid a chance to succeed. It defied any logic.

I was so angry, the sad thing is he did the same thing with Hunter Clark.

This x 100..I've been only following footy last 12yrs..but blind freddy can see..this is what he's been doing to Paton, acres, billings et al..dumb f wit...I am calling club tomm to switch off my auto membership rollover..get f d richo..I love my saints and will barrack for them all my life..but this admin is sxxt and needs to go before u get my hard earned $$$$

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

When the 1st Bumbers fwd entry was to Orazio who was being chased by Nath Brown i knew it was over.

How 20 seconds into a game the opposition's most important and quickest player ends up in a leading contest against a bloke who can't run outta sight on a dark night is beyond me
And yet shit like this is a weekly occurrence.

Any reason do you suppose that Freezer played just 55% of Game Time? Other than Richo just being a total knob of course?

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Dunno if you've got body issues, but generally when you go for impact on soft tissue you ease into it before massively loading, because chances are if you massively load first and foremost you break it about 90% of the time or feel really really shit.

Lot of things to critique, easing a perennially injured bloke into matches is not one of them.

I think I just witnessed a whole club, coaches, players, supporters looking desperately for the finish line. Kindly euthanise..
Thank F*** there's only 2 more weeks of this torture to go.

Can't get there quickly enough IMO.

My wife is from Japan and doesn't care much about footy, but she comes to a couple of games and watches some on tv too.

She watched tonight and in q4 begged me to let our 10 yr old son choose his own team to support rather than making him a saints fan.

Our shiteness transcends cultural boundaries people.
Although that is heart breaking to hear, I don't blame her… I hope you hang in there, character and all that.

Bright spark ideas:

1. Billings starts on wing & moves back to be the offensive sweeper in defence during first quarter - brilliant. Hitting targets, good run & carry.

2nd quarter, moves Billings forward & sets Geary as the loose sweeper - shit falls apart

2. Acres on wing & in the guts. Getting amongst it, giving us a point of difference with his size & movement, allowing great linkage & space around him for runners

Nah, Let’s move the campaigner to half forward - pretty much unsighted for the rest of the game. Run & linking killed

3. Armo in defence - Tippa had a field day mowing him down like a scythe through long grass

Getting sick of this amateur hour bullshit. Change what doesn’t work & leave what does work

Serious question - Is Richo tanking?

I mean, the whole club are coming put & saying he is the man. He will be coaching next year.

Could we just be playing the AFL media for a loop? Get a top 4 pick, maybe a priority pick if you believe Damo Barrett, grab Walsh/Smith and another pacy mid in the top 25 and slingshot back up next year?

Is Richo smart enough to play our best footy for 15 mins then shuffle the board so that players can try hard but fail?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t even know where to start....but here is a few ideas

Sack the Captain and give it to someone who can lead the players. Geary is the worst captain in the AFL by so far it is not even funny. It’s embarrassing having a skipper that makes Clanger after Clanger

Sack the coach. The players are not playing for him. That is undeniable. Gets outcoached week in week out. Why didn’t we run them around once they went down on rotations?

Sack the defensive coach. Our defence & the defensive set up is abysmal. Opp. Teams score with ease against us. We have a heavy burden for Robbo to carry next year(if fit) We miss him badly.

What do we do in off season RE: new players? We need A graders. Not B or C graders. No more solid players like Newnes or hacks like Geary FFS

THE JOINT NEEDS A MASSIVE CLEAN OUT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. WE ARE HEADED TO TASSIE OR NZ SOON OTHERWISE

Just wanted to pop in and say that Seb Ross is an absolute beauty. He is your elite player and something to build your future around. I don’t know his leadership credentials but the sooner someone like him replaces Geary the better. Geary is obviously a great clubman but your lads need a great star to drag you forward. Stick with it Saints fans.

Why do we do a new autopsy thread each week? Would be much easier to just copy and paste from last week.
Great idea there Ricmel…….the content would be basically the same....just the intensity of the melts varies a little at times.

Not sure what George and the other Mods would have to say about it.......LOL.

Although that is heart breaking to hear, I don't blame her… I hope you hang in there, character and all that.

His choice will be Hawthorn. Which is fair, we live in Mulgrave. The price of a happy marriage. Thanks Richo.

Serious question - Is Richo tanking?

I mean, the whole club are coming put & saying he is the man. He will be coaching next year.

Could we just be playing the AFL media for a loop? Get a top 4 pick, maybe a priority pick if you believe Damo Barrett, grab Walsh/Smith and another pacy mid in the top 25 and slingshot back up next year?

Is Richo smart enough to play our best footy for 15 mins then shuffle the board so that players can try hard but fail?
Nup

On holiday at khao lak in Thailand at the moment, only watched first quarter where billings impressed me.

Doesn't sound as though I missed much when wife wanted to go for a massage.

And no, didn't get a happy ending, much like our football club. Not sure we could even get one in a sleazy joint over here

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2018: Essendon v St.Kilda *Ross' 100th*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back