Autopsy Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

for crying out loud, Sharman is well below AFL level and quite frankly never will be, was bloody embarrassing at some of his attempted contests.

King has one of the poorest attitudes for an AFL player.

That play between gresh and King was a shocker and the turning point due to their poor attitudes, Carlton just strong armed us straight off the back of their poor and lazy displays.

Kudos, you saw a comment critical of the forward line balance as a whole and turned it into another “**** Cooper Sharman” moment. I’m not as off Sharman as you I think but with this forward line we look a bit slow. Butler has wheels, Owens with his pressure and chase is good, we’re a bit one paced after that.

We have seen him be that guy in years gone by. Remember when he put the team on his back against West Coast a few years ago? He looked like a true alpha forward.
Now he lets himself get bumped out of every contest and just looks for ways to flop to the ground. He wants a free kick instead of a contested mark.
If he needs a sports psychologist he needs to see one, but he’s so far off it now it isn’t funny.
Yeah, injuries. If he’s not right to play he shouldn’t be putting his hand up.
Yeh, maybe when I say “we’ve never seen it” I think I mean “we’ve not seen it in a long time”.

I hope I’m wrong, he’s got all the physical gifts but like so many in our team it seems like when we need him to lift he goes missing.

He’s not the only one by any stretch, he’s just got the most capability.

Trading King the dumbest ******* thing I've ever heard

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed. He's not fit plus anyone who doesn't understand the midfield is the problem has mango sized rocks in there head. Absolutely smacked in the middle second half. Dropped our heads and work rate dropped off to an abysmal level.
Needed our leaders to step up when we were getting torn a new one in there but they went missing. We are a very very soft side when it starts going against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what happened to Crouch in the last qtr? Didn't get a touch. Injured??

We had lost mid, straight lost it, essentially he was covering two as Steele straight lost his man, Hunter was running on the spot and we were losing about 80% of those clearances.

Man just had zero support unless Owens was in there, then he ended up being the one blocking for him.

I mean, Wood got touches but if you watched him he was essentially a marking bot, once he attempted a mark he did SFA and went to ground otherwise, Crouch and Owens were really the only two that had any impetus in that lost midfield.

Anyone know what happened to Crouch in the last qtr? Didn't get a touch. Injured??
feel sorry for Crouch, just carries the midfield, was shut down in the last and would have been easy because Carlton knew he was stuffed. He can't do it all and not one bloody player took the initiative to roll up the sleeves and share the load, leas of all our bloody Captain.

Hopefully the media puts some heat on the Captaincy this week because onfield leadership has been our issue for waaaaay too long, as soon as a team strong arms us we go to water.

This one is on the coaches I think:

1. Playing Brad hill in the midfield / in the guts
2. Playing Gresham at half forward
3. No support for Marshall
We look so much better with Billings as that half forward than Gresh because at least he hits a flipping target by foot!!

Hill no good if it’s a highly contested game.

Been calling for Campbell all year when max was out, just to give Marshall licence to play more of a roaming CHF.

We look so much better with Billings as that half forward than Gresh because at least he hits a *ing target by foot!!

Hill no good if it’s a highly contested game.

Been calling for Campbell all year when max was out, just to give Marshall licence to play more of a roaming CHF.
Good point with Billings. He isn’t a game winner but he’s level headed and not prone to killing momentum by trying to look flashy.

Kudos, you saw a comment critical of the forward line balance as a whole and turned it into another “* Cooper Sharman” moment. I’m not as off Sharman as you I think but with this forward line we look a bit slow. Butler has wheels, Owens with his pressure and chase is good, we’re a bit one paced after that.
never was on him, is not up to the standard and will get pushed out next week by and AFL standard player and will not play again.

100%

I'm on the "Trade King" train.

If we can fool a club into giving up 2 or 3 first rounders then we are set.

Whole team just panic bombs on his head when under pressure. Need to get rid of that option.
Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Lets trade a top 3 young key forward because our team kicks it to him too much.

Carlton kept bombing it to Curnow and he only kicked one. They better trade him now 🤡🤡🤡

Sinclair

real captains moment when he took on that front on contact, didn’t flinch, stayed in position and intercepted and passed it off.

Him or Wilkie for captain.

I think Sincs is the man for the job.

Hopefully next year Copffield will be back and Sincs can play midfield

To me, he's the obvious choice now

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back