Prediction Round 21, 2024 - Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who even is our ruck coach?

Think working with NN harmed his development. He might be an athlete but not only was NN a ruckmen with a unique style but NN had footy Iq which BBW lacks
That's assuming BWill's best position is ruck. I think there's a large enough body of work to say #2 ruck at best. So is he a KPF or KPD or ... ?

Using this data we can clearly see that the average growth rate for the West Coast Eagles is 7.586 cm/year.

Gold Coast Suns players however are growing at an average of 7.635cm/year.

We're clearly lagging behind the suns on this metric and the blame surely lands squarely on the development coaches!?

We should be blowing the soft cap and copping the fines on more stretching programs!

That's assuming BWill's best position is ruck. I think there's a large enough body of work to say #2 ruck at best. So is he a KPF or KPD or ... ?
I think he’d be a decent kpd that could lockdown a tall. He’s built like a KPP and has the athleticism and speed go with a key tall. Not sure he’d be a great interceptor as he lacks footy iq but would be good for a clunk or tow here and there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised none of Flynn, Gaff or Sheed got a run. We can expect at least Gaff to get a game in a couple of weeks with a likely retirement announcement before the game.

Agreed.
Though Witts may be underdone.
I’d like to see how JW goes up against him though.
Who’s second ruck for GC normally?

Moyle was second ruck last week, Sam day was when we last played them but both aren’t playing… Mac Andrew went into the ruck last week for a time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Backs: McGovern, Edwards, Witherden, Ginbey, Hough, Cole, Hunt
Rucks: Williams and Williams
Mids: Yeo, Kelly, Duggan, Reid, Trew, Hall
Fwds: Allen, Waterman, Darling, Maric, Cripps, Ryan, Dewar
Sub: Johnston

WAFL
Backs: Bazzo, Jones, Baker
Rucks: Flynn, Barnett
Mids: Gaff, Sheed, Chesser, Culley
Fwds: Reid, Livingstone, Rawlinson

The upside to the suspensions of Petruccelle and Hutchinson plus the concussion suffered by Luke Edwards is the creation of spots to further experiment with selection

Fortunately, they’ve resisted any temptation to recall either Gaff or Sheed despite both having good WAFL games, preferring instead to promote the likes of Dewar, Hall and Johnston which I’m rapt about.

Keeping Chesser in the WAFL also makes sense and should give him further opportunity to play as an inside mid

Witherden and Rotham are interchangeable. Suspect neither would be playing if Barrass was fit and Bazzo probably isn’t quite ready yet

Also pleased that Trew has recovered

Persisting with Williams as our ruckman is a risk given the mauling he got from Witts last time but so would have been bringing back a possibility underdone Flynn

The selected side looks a lot more like what supporters were calling for earlier in the year and given who is/isn’t available it’s hard to fault. Perhaps Darling keeping his spot ahead of Culley is about the only point of criticism and even that’s defensible

Excited to see how the young guys perform

Using this data we can clearly see that the average growth rate for the West Coast Eagles is 7.586 cm/year.

Gold Coast Suns players however are growing at an average of 7.635cm/year.

We're clearly lagging behind the suns on this metric and the blame surely lands squarely on the development coaches!?

We should be blowing the soft cap and copping the fines on more stretching programs!
Spend up big on Dynamic Lifter in the off season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back